Pittsburgh Predators

On 2/4/2020 at 3:06 PM, OrrWhat said:

You guys crack me up.  I just glanced at the ranking.  105 teams in AAA 2005, 45 teams below them.  They’d be 5th (ish) in tier 2.  Not great, not bad.  As for the Preds as a whole, I’m not sure if I’d go back or not.  They are the same as every other club.  Some good things, some bad, some very bad.  Question is, do the pros out weigh the cons?

The answer - nobody outside of the top 1% at ppe will have any kid of hockey career after high school. So have fun, hope your kid has fun and try not to break the bank. 

• Like 1
  • 100 1

3 hours ago, Danner27 said:

The answer - nobody outside of the top 1% at ppe will have any kid of hockey career after high school. So have fun, hope your kid has fun and try not to break the bank. 

1% is low.  That’s 1 out of every 100 kids.  That would equate to only 1 kid from Mid Am, and it’s more like 5-10 kids from each birth year end up with at least some kind of hockey future. If “future” is defined by a spot on in the NHL, then yes, 1%. But if that means college hockey and college at least partly paid for, and higher level juniors where they can keep the dream alive, it’s more like 8%, or about 2 kids per team. Don’t forget about the many area girls who get college paid for via hockey. 

• Like 1

On 1/17/2020 at 1:41 PM, discodan said:

Its crazy how these rumors change. I heard from a parent on the 16u aa team that the goalie threatened to quit because the player was suspended and the rest of the team wanted the kid back. Who knows? Unless your kid is on that team does anyone know the truth ? Bottom line is the preds were once a good organization but now its all about the money. If they let the aaa kids play on aa where they belong they would still have good teams. As it is now the are not very good in PAHL. Their best team came from the icemen and most of their other top teams are average at best.

No one wanted the suspended player back, no one in W Pa would want the kid on the team! He wasn’t on the team this past weekend! 

1 hour ago, Hockey1 said:

No one wanted the suspended player back, no one in W Pa would want the kid on the team! He wasn’t on the team this past weekend! 

Umm yes he was playing this weekend at upmc for the team. The kid was only off the team for a few days. As per usual you don’t know what you’re talking about. Keep drinking the Morehouse kool aid, you are stuck under his thumb. You replying to this topic made it very clear who you are, MOM. 

29 minutes ago, Danner27 said:

Umm yes he was playing this weekend at upmc for the team. The kid was only off the team for a few days. As per usual you don’t know what you’re talking about. Keep drinking the Morehouse kool aid, you are stuck under his thumb. You replying to this topic made it very clear who you are, MOM. 

This kid also did try to start a fight at the end of their last game against Sylvania after the final buzzer. 

On 2/4/2020 at 2:13 PM, HSFBLJ said:

Do we consider the 61st ranked 14u AAA team in this discussion?  Probably would have done well in PAHL AA.

You guys crack me up.  I just glanced at the ranking.  105 teams in AAA 2005, 45 teams below them.  They’d be 5th (ish) in tier 2.  Not great, not bad.  As for the Preds as a whole, I’m not sure if I’d go back or not.  They are the same as every other club.  Some good things, some bad, some very bad.  Question is, do the pros out weigh the cons?

Not to be outdone, the 14U Preds just took it on the chin 12-0 thanks to Pens Elite as well.

OrrWhat you may want to look at this

56 minutes ago, HSFBLJ said:
  On 2/4/2020 at 2:13 PM, HSFBLJ said:

Do we consider the 61st ranked 14u AAA team in this discussion?  Probably would have done well in PAHL AA.

Not to be outdone, the 14U Preds just took it on the chin 12-0 thanks to Pens Elite as well.

OrrWhat you may want to look at this

I think being the 5 team in AA is awesome.  Can't fault them for playing AAA.

6 hours ago, Jjinson said:

This kid also did try to start a fight at the end of their last game against Sylvania after the final buzzer. 

Then we are definitely talking about two different kids!  The one I am referencing played at PPE I believe....  Didn't realize they had more than one problem child on that team!

6 minutes ago, Hockey1 said:

Then we are definitely talking about two different kids!  The one I am referencing played at PPE I believe....  Didn't realize they had more than one problem child on that team!

You would have realized that if you had actually read through this thread before commenting. 

Someone just sent me the live barn video of that kid starting a fight. I don’t even understand why, it was the predators last game, the game was over. Kid just tosses his gloves off and tries to pull the jersey over the Sylvannia players head and starts swinging. I understand the heat of battle, fights do happen sometimes. This kid is on strike 10 it sounds like. Nobody wants him on a team. No wonder why it’s rumored the top players on this predators team are trying to goto esmark. I can tell you from experience esmark will not put up with 2 minute shifts, making trouble, smoking pot, Thinking you are a super star or that stupid stretch pass it looks like the predators were trying to play. If I’m understanding correctly predators currently are the cheapest of the “tier 1” teams. These parents that have been at the predators will be in for a big surprise when the season with travel comes in around 12k+ I’m going to go out on a limb and say esmark won’t take any of them anyway and they will all be back at ice castle. Dave does a good job weeding out egos and problem parents / players for that program, they also like to keep their own, better the devil you known. 

36 minutes ago, OSU SUCKS said:

Anyone that knows Hockey1-RS knows he a gutless snake that has to use this message board to lap up the sack of DM, what a loser

Lol OSU sucks - I see what you did there. I’m pretty sure it’s the mom but I guess it could be the dad or both. They along with DM managed to cover up the pot scandal from the summer pretty quick.  Remember that topic got deleted here. 

• Like 1

Just now, Danner27 said:

Lol OSU sucks - I see what you did there. I’m pretty sure it’s the mom but I guess it could be the dad or both. They along with DM managed to cover up the pot scandal from the summer pretty quick.  Remember that topic got deleted here. 

Everyone knows it's RS, the guy is yellow

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2020 at 7:44 AM, HereWithPopcorn said:

Absolute truth.  16U (the only decent AAA team they have) took the best defenseman from 15U and also were platooning in a few other kids as well I believe.  And yes, they also held 'tryouts' to backfill the lost defenseman and only got one sucker to fall for it.  Kid was playing A+ in PAHL.

I heard that kid was a 2003 is that true ? 

• 6 months later...
On 1/9/2020 at 7:44 AM, HereWithPopcorn said:

Absolute truth.  16U (the only decent AAA team they have) took the best defenseman from 15U and also were platooning in a few other kids as well I believe.  And yes, they also held 'tryouts' to backfill the lost defenseman and only got one sucker to fall for it.  Kid was playing A+ in PAHL.

Edited by nattys88

On 1/15/2020 at 8:25 PM, garytheconquer said:

$$$$ Gary’s Gong Show $$$

the predators could fix their tier 1 teams by dumping gary. This man is making a quality living off youth hockey. He’s a complete joke of a coach (when he decides to show up). Hey there is always someone willing to pay the money I guess. Gary picks his teams based off who takes lessons with him $$$ and if you play for the school team he coaches. let’s take a look at both team’s Gary coaches down there, both who were out of the rankings for the tier 1 district tournament before October came around. That’s embarrassing. 

18U a few decent players but a quick look at my hockey rankings and the 18U AA teams have done better against the same opponents!!!! What does that tell you ? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

15U there was a topic at the start of the season saying this team would be a absolute joke, well it turned out to be true. All the parents from this team came raging into the forums to defend it. Crickets now, how did that work out for all of you ? That sales pitch starting to sting now ? There is not one kid on this team with the ability to play tier 1 and by the looks of it none of these kids developed, they have got even worse as the season has gone on! how’s that big gym fee going ? Does Gary even show up to train the kids ? You parents should have left your kids on the PAHL A major teams they made but there is always a crazy daddy that wants that extra A. 

Ohhhh 16U I didn’t forget about you! The crown jewel for the predators! Recruited a few legit tier 1 players, cut fee’s, yet this team is now 6th in the district and in danger of not making the tournament. With all that talent what happened you may ask ? Well King Ralph is the coach. I’m not even sure this guy can skate! I’m sure everyone has heard why a few kids were recently kicked off the team. The inmates are running the asylum! 

party on! 

Edited by nattys88

28 minutes ago, nattys88 said:

The fact that you could despise Gary so much that you typed up this massive post about him... I'm speechless lol. Go somewhere else if you're so bothered. You seem so angry. The fact that you think that the coaches have that big of a role in hockey past like u14s is crazy. The kids have to step it up and some point and work for what they want. You really think the coach of a team is the reason they make it to MidAms/Nationals? Nope. It's the kids who work hard for what they want and don't settle for anything less than that.

Not sure why this old stuff is being rehashed, did something happen this weekend ? do was have ourselves a new AAA parent to the forums ? 

I will tell you this, coaches control their teams. They decide on lines, special teams, the amount of ice time a player gets. Your statement is completely off base or just plain foolish. Good coaching can achieve better than expected results with less talent. This can be see in any sport at every level. 

• Like 2