Ppe 18u prep?

2 hours ago, sadday4hockey said:

And there you have it. Nice job on your information Hockey1, you are obviously very well informed.

Ok, wait until next year when the kids that currently  play for the 16U PPE team and DON'T go to NC, are grandfathered in on this Prep Team...  Plenty of prep teams do this by the way, YALE Jr. Bulldogs is one of them that kids go to school somewhere else and play for YALE....

That is also incorrect information. Yale Bulldogs, along with many other New England amateur teams such as Neponset Valley, Eastern Mass Senators, Northern Cyclones and on and on are all split season teams comprised almost entirely of players from New England Prep school and HS teams. They play all of their games prior to the start of their HS seasons and they have even already crowned their representatives for Nationals in the Massachusetts District and the New England District during the second weekend in November.

So...... Hockey1 and Reg, before you come on here spewing the amount of incorrect information that you spew, you should take some time to educate yourselves just a little bit.

https://www.mahockey.org/18ut1nb1920

20 minutes ago, RegDunlop7 said:

Yale or any high schools

Oh, and by the way Reg, I'm pretty sure that Yale is a University.

It is also a youth hockey organization with both located in lovely New Haven, CT.

Holy sheet this topic really brings in the north catholic cronies praying cardinal whorl will come out of witness protection and bring their kids yellow helmets! Maybe if you guys coughed up another 20k to the penguins foundation (One local 04 family did) you’ll get that desired yellow helmet! 

1 hour ago, RegDunlop7 said:

Lol dude. You just said "By definition, a Prep team IS comprised of players that all attend the school for which the team is NAMED" a few posts ago. None of the teams you mentioned are affiliated with/named after NE prep schools.

Yes, I did. That is a fact. Yale Bulldogs are an amateur team NOT a Prep team. Esmark and PPE, amateur teams. Gimour and Shady Side, Prep teams. All of the Yale amateur players play at their Prep schools after their amateur season ends in early November. Do you understand the difference between amateur teams and Prep School teams?

Seams as though their information is changing with the winds.  Or more like, changing as this thread moves on.  Any way you look at it, the end result will fit the narrative of the higher ups.  Require Excel, but not for these few kids. Require enrollment at NC, but not for these few kids.  Don’t even tryout, your kid isn’t making it anyway.  The couple spots that may be open are being taken up by the people that they are already in recruitment talks with.  Shame!!! 

Edited by OrrWhat

41 minutes ago, OrrWhat said:

Seams as though their information is changing with the winds.  Or more like, changing as this thread moves on.  Any way you look at it, the end result will fit the narrative of the higher ups.  Require Excel, but not for these few kids. Require enrollment at NC, but not for these few kids.  Don’t even tryout, your kid isn’t making it anyway.  The couple spots that may be open are being taken up by the people that they are already in recruitment talks with.  Shame!!! 

This is true, they started the recruitment in the fall. One of the kids joined the 16s around October. 

On 2/3/2020 at 12:02 PM, Hockey1 said:

Ok, wait until next year when the kids that currently  play for the 16U PPE team and DON'T go to NC, are grandfathered in on this Prep Team...  Plenty of prep teams do this by the way, YALE Jr. Bulldogs is one of them that kids go to school somewhere else and play for YALE....

I think the challenge will be for players that are allowed to play prep but not go to NC...aren’t they going to have to get out of their school early to get to the practices early afternoon?  Will those schools allow that?

I just can't see them giving up the income of players not attending NC. It's not in their MO. The other intriguing question will be this, "how will this team travel to their events"? Teams like Gilmour and Shady Side and I assume the vast majority of the NE Prep Schools get on a bus and mommy and daddy have to let go of their little babies. Will this team bus to away events or will they require parental transportation?

23 hours ago, Danner27 said:

This is true, they started the recruitment in the fall. One of the kids joined the 16s around October. 

Since your in the "know" which one of those players # (no names) joined the team in October?  Because I think you are mistaking, look at their roster and everyone of those players have been on the team since the beginning of the season....

4 minutes ago, Hockey1 said:

Since your in the "know" which one of those players # (no names) joined the team in October?  Because I think you are mistaking, look at their roster and everyone of those players have been on the team since the beginning of the season....

What is the difference?  Like someone said above, the team is already chosen.  If there were going to be any vacancies, they already know who is filling them.  If, indeed, there is no second team, DON’T WASTE YOUR MONEY TRYING OUT.  Same goes for 16U 2004’s.

1 hour ago, PuckHead7 said:

What is the difference?  Like someone said above, the team is already chosen.  If there were going to be any vacancies, they already know who is filling them.  If, indeed, there is no second team, DON’T WASTE YOUR MONEY TRYING OUT.  Same goes for 16U 2004’s.

I don't think the team is picked, they have three or four kids on that team that will go to their Jr. Team, will leave and go back home, or might not want to play on a prep team... My guess is that they will have almost 40-50% turnover.  The core will be there, the top 8-10 players, who knows after that!

53 minutes ago, Hockey1 said:

I don't think the team is picked, they have three or four kids on that team that will go to their Jr. Team, will leave and go back home, or might not want to play on a prep team... My guess is that they will have almost 40-50% turnover.  The core will be there, the top 8-10 players, who knows after that!

Yes, I believe you are correct in estimating the 50%++ turnover from the CURRENT 18U team.  2003’s move up!  A few 02’s, many 03’s, possibly an 04??? Special group, those 03’s don’t forget that fact.  The high ups are not going to let their grand plans go by chance.  IMO, Team is full!

2 hours ago, PuckHead7 said:

Yes, I believe you are correct in estimating the 50%++ turnover from the CURRENT 18U team.  2003’s move up!  A few 02’s, many 03’s, possibly an 04??? Special group, those 03’s don’t forget that fact.  The high ups are not going to let their grand plans go by chance.  IMO, Team is full!

I was talking  about the CURRENT 2003 team.  They will have a 40-50% turnover, especially 3-4 going to play Jr's somewhere, and one for sure going back home....  There will be zero 04's on the team.

15 hours ago, Hockey1 said:

Jesus, maybe Jesus can get you a yellow helmet! The kid is Russian and came from the north jersey avs. Feel better or worse now ?  

10 hours ago, Hockey1 said:

I was talking  about the CURRENT 2003 team.  They will have a 40-50% turnover, especially 3-4 going to play Jr's somewhere, and one for sure going back home....  There will be zero 04's on the team.

No they won’t. The kid all this is about is not ready for the ushl and probably never will be. All the super duper high end 03s left this year for juniors, sure some of these currents will get junior offers but the left overs are not ready for major juniors. 

4 hours ago, Danner27 said:

Jesus, maybe Jesus can get you a yellow helmet! The kid is Russian and came from the north jersey avs. Feel better or worse now ?  

And he has been on the team since the beginning of the season.  Not October! JESUS!!!

4 hours ago, Danner27 said:

No they won’t. The kid all this is about is not ready for the ushl and probably never will be. All the super duper high end 03s left this year for juniors, sure some of these currents will get junior offers but the left overs are not ready for major juniors. 

I know this team better than you think!  Zero 03's off of the current 16's has left for Jr's.(or left before the season started) some have been up and down, but I am guessing that there will be probably 2-3 kids who leave for their Jr team after this season, two others who definitely wont be back and a few others who choose not to come back.  I am sure they have a good idea of the kids whom will be back, like I said the Prep team for next year will have a core of 8-10 players and they will be looking for 10-11 additional players.  My point is, the team isn't picked.

13 minutes ago, Hockey1 said:

I know this team better than you think!  Zero 03's off of the current 16's has left for Jr's.(or left before the season started) some have been up and down, but I am guessing that there will be probably 2-3 kids who leave for their Jr team after this season, two others who definitely wont be back and a few others who choose not to come back.  I am sure they have a good idea of the kids whom will be back, like I said the Prep team for next year will have a core of 8-10 players and they will be looking for 10-11 additional players.  My point is, the team isn't picked.

Actually, there are 2 players that did this. One is with the Regina Pats in the whl, and hasn’t come back since. And the other one is up with the Madison Capitals

1 hour ago, Hockey1 said:

And he has been on the team since the beginning of the season.  Not October! JESUS!!!

He played for the north jersey avs in September, go look it up. Keep being delusional, maybe someday that gold helmet will come for you! 

Edited by Danner27