Hunt Armory Ice Rink

• 8 months later...
On 9/22/2022 at 4:40 PM, hockeyisgreat said:

Hunt Armory is getting a 750,000.00 grant from Highmark

Boy, wouldn't it be great to see an line by line itemization of that 750K and where it all goes and for what purpose.

If it generates opportunity for city youth hockey players, fantastic. But, more often than not "grant money" seems to somehow end up being used for less altruistic reasons.

10 hours ago, dazedandconfused said:

Boy, wouldn't it be great to see an line by line itemization of that 750K and where it all goes and for what purpose.

If it generates opportunity for city youth hockey players, fantastic. But, more often than not "grant money" seems to somehow end up being used for less altruistic reasons.

I'm sure the architectural firm that designed it got a nice portion of it. Then the rink itself. Stuff adds up fast. 

This entire adventure has been an ill-conceived plan. Whatever the impetus was, and please don't say it was for the city players, the whole thing seems like a waste of a lot of time and money.

They have games scheduled there for November which I've been told are already being rescheduled to other rinks.

The talk of CC, Chatham and Pitt becoming permanently based out of there really seems far fetched and other than maybe the nostalgia, I can't really say it provides anything better than an average ice barn.

33 minutes ago, dazedandconfused said:

This entire adventure has been an ill-conceived plan. Whatever the impetus was, and please don't say it was for the city players, the whole thing seems like a waste of a lot of time and money.

They have games scheduled there for November which I've been told are already being rescheduled to other rinks.

The talk of CC, Chatham and Pitt becoming permanently based out of there really seems far fetched and other than maybe the nostalgia, I can't really say it provides anything better than an average ice barn.

Have you been to the rink?  Have you heard of them turning it into permanent ice?  Hopefully I am able to get there this winter to see for myself.