3 NHLers coaching 2011 Vengeance?

2011 Parents,

Please see the exciting announcements below regarding the upcoming 2011 Pittsburgh Vengeance team:

COACHING ANNOUNCEMENT:

The Pittsburgh Vengeance is pleased to announce the 2011 AAA Pittsburgh Vengeance Coaching Staff:  Tyler Kennedy, John Zeiler, and JS Aubin.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BACKCHECKING said:

Interesting

I wonder how many PPE 66ers will jump ship.

I'm gonna guess ZERO because bragging about your kids playing Vengeance doesn't sound the same as telling everyone they play for the Penguins. That logo sells more than coaching ever will. 

46 minutes ago, aaaahockey said:

telling everyone they play for the Penguins.

And therein may lie the biggest problem with Pittsburgh youth hockey. What percentage of parents at PPE actually do believe that they are currently in some sort of minor league system that will lead them straight to the NHL Penguins. I'm not talking about the kids (although they probably have a better grasp of reality) I'm talking about the parents. I'm going to give my guess by age group.

Little 66ers - 90-95% - I will follow your every instruction

10U - 85-90% - It costs how much? No problem, it will be worth every penny

12U - 80% - Wait, my little superstar isn't on the 1st line

14U - 70% - You're bringing in players from where

15U - 60% - But we've been playing here for 8 years

16U - 50% - I guess not everyone makes the grade

18U - <25% - Reality finally sets in and holy s*** there's no money left for college

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, sadday4hockey said:

What percentage of parents at PPE actually do believe that they are currently in some sort of minor league system that will lead them straight to the NHL Penguins. 

lol - its a feeder system!  PPE plays a sizzle video during their information meetings that splices in highlights of Pens cup wins with kids scoring goals.

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, RMU Alum said:

lol - its a feeder system!  PPE plays a sizzle video during their information meetings that splices in highlights of Pens cup wins with kids scoring goals.

What was nice about the Pittsburgh Hornets was the disconnect from the NHL club. True tier 1 AAA. Pens  and Friends messed up the whole environment. Would have been nice to have had Hornets intact and have the Pens develop their prep school dream team

1 hour ago, dropthepuck said:

Triple A, triple A, triple A. Nothing under Bantam should even be classified as such. Families of kids that are 9 should not be lured by these programs. Nothing wrong with dad coaches that volunteer to teach them how to play and have fun. I guess those days are over.

Hence the reason they don’t have midget teams. MOST parents have a better grasp for things at that age. Everyone on this board at some point in their child’s playing days thought their kid might have a chance,  Around bantam is when you realize how things will end. I can’t blame the vengeance, they are capitalizing on uneducated consumers. I will say this, TK is not even a good skills coach, he’s mediocre at best. Springer in that same building is WAY better, it’s not even close. 

Why do so many on this board have an issue with Squirt and Peewee AAA teams?  Other than the obvious, that their kid couldn't make one.  If your kid is one of the top Pgh area kids in their birthyear, and you have the funds, why not let them practice and play with and against the other top kids?  The great thing about hockey is that kids get to play with other kids at their ability level.  Unlike every other sport where the top kids play, and the late bloomers or less talented ride the bench until they quit.  So, embrace it.  If your kid is one of the top players at 9-12, let them have the experience of playing against the best teams from the USA and Ontario.  God knows it could end at any time.

8 minutes ago, Danner27 said:

Hence the reason they don’t have midget teams

Are you saying that the AAA programs in Pittsburgh don't have midget teams?  

4 minutes ago, ClaytonBigsby said:

Why do so many on this board have an issue with Squirt and Peewee AAA teams?  Other than the obvious, that their kid couldn't make one.  If your kid is one of the top Pgh area kids in their birthyear, and you have the funds, why not let them practice and play with and against the other top kids?  The great thing about hockey is that kids get to play with other kids at their ability level.  Unlike every other sport where the top kids play, and the late bloomers or less talented ride the bench until they quit.  So, embrace it.  If your kid is one of the top players at 9-12, let them have the experience of playing against the best teams from the USA and Ontario.  God knows it could end at any time.

Are you saying that the AAA programs in Pittsburgh don't have midget teams?  

I did your handle. Go read some other threads on AAA and the midget age.