Summer Camps squirt and Peewee

RMU Hockey Academy offers a number of options throughout the summer.  We have a great staff that includes full time hockey directors Marianne Watkins & Blaine Buterbaugh as well as support staff from our Men's & Women's NCAA Division 1 players and coaches.

Take a look at the attached brochure and contact me directly with any questions.

Registration can also be completed online at www.rmuislandsports.com

2020 SUMMER HOCKEY CAMP Final.pdf

3 hours ago, HockeyDad23 said:

My squirt went to a Yuri camp. Money well spent. Called Interel Hockey. On and off ice training, learned about respect and teamwork, stretching and diet

I've seen him work with kids, looks like  he really knows his shit and gets them going. That said, when I've been around, he seems like he's usually working with older kids- maybe a bit intense for squirt or peewee? I only mention it because he seems like a great coach. But if he coaches young kids (that just want to play hockey, or who are there because their parents make them) like the older kids, I could see where maybe they'd get burned out after so much of it? Again, by all accounts he's very good, and I only mention it because as much as I've thought about signing mine up for one of his summer camps, I've also considered 14 or 15 to maybe be a more appropriate age for that type of training? But I don't really know, or any know nobody to ask who's had that experience with a 12 or under kid. 

7 hours ago, nemesis8679 said:

I've seen him work with kids, looks like  he really knows his shit and gets them going. That said, when I've been around, he seems like he's usually working with older kids- maybe a bit intense for squirt or peewee? I only mention it because he seems like a great coach. But if he coaches young kids (that just want to play hockey, or who are there because their parents make them) like the older kids, I could see where maybe they'd get burned out after so much of it? Again, by all accounts he's very good, and I only mention it because as much as I've thought about signing mine up for one of his summer camps, I've also considered 14 or 15 to maybe be a more appropriate age for that type of training? But I don't really know, or any know nobody to ask who's had that experience with a 12 or under kid. 

I can't speak to the younger ages but my boy is the age range you mentioned got a lot out of it. I do know a few younger kids who play D who liked his camp. Bairel just published their programming for the summer, Yuri runs his Interel out of different rinks around town, I also know people who liked what the Pens have to offer.

On 2/11/2020 at 12:30 AM, nemesis8679 said:

Yuri is good skills instructor.  My kids have never taken a lesson from him.  However, I have watched him give lessons plenty of times.  I think part of the reason that he mainly gives lessons to older kids is that the older kids want to get in good with him.

Last year he did a weekly clinic with Posey and it was well attended.  Broken down into two sessions, one maybe 06 and up and one younger.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/11/2020 at 12:30 AM, nemesis8679 said:

He wasnt over the top. He did hold the kids accountable and did not allow the kids to goof off. He kept it appropriate for 9-12 years olds. He has help wit other coaches as well and they are solid.