MT Lebo - AAA 15u?

They didn't dominate PAHL this year. There was a three way tie in wins for second, third and fourth place, suggesting good local competition. Why not continue to play PAHL? I always thought that teams did that AAA route because there was no one locally to play, whether accurate or not. And those three teams were competitive with the first place team going by the scores. I don't get it, if that is the plan.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, The King said:

Ok so you’ve made over 150 posts here and you are claiming that you’re under the impression that clubs field AAA teams becomes there are no other AAA in town to play? Come on man. Go back and read the multitude of posts relating to the very subject you’re claiming to be confused about if you really want the answer. Otherwise, you’re beating a dead horse in an otherwise tired subject thread. 

Whatever dude. They are a AA team supposedly talking about playing AAA. I thought teams go AAA because you think you got too good for AA so you are leaving to play a AAA schedule. If they aren't dominating AA, why go independent? So ya, I don't get it. Mt Lebo is a good program. That 04 team was very good, I understand them looking for other teams outside of PAHL. The 05 team, not the same. 

2 minutes ago, dazedandconfused said:

The guy "in charge there" is near the top of the list of people with self serving agendas.

I've gotta agree on this one. Everything I've ever heard from anyone about him + the limited experiences I have had - that whole organization seems to be a one man show.  It always amazes me that people pay these organizations to operate this way. 

On 2/26/2020 at 10:24 AM, HSFBLJ said:

Last year the 04 team went to AAA

Did the MidAm rule regarding a 3 year waiting period before an organization could play in Districts just disappear or was there some sort of "Special Dispensation" applied to this team through the back channels of MidAm/USA Hockey? Curious, is it not?

7 minutes ago, The King said:

From what I am told, the head of this organization is a long standing member of MidAm. Not surprising at all and is a great example of what I’ve been describing here. The rules don’t apply to the legal brigade 

His father was high up in Colorado to boot! 

Coach was an original player on first ever Pittsburgh Hornets AAA travel team years ago that was part of the Mt. Lebanon Hornets program. Pittsburgh Hornets evolved to become the top program in Pittsburgh. Maybe  the nepotism and exclusion on behalf of PPE program had something to do with this. They made midam tournament so why bash? Shout out to someone who is in it for other reasons than the mighty $. The love of hockey might be the reason 

5 hours ago, dropthepuck said:

Coach was an original player on first ever Pittsburgh Hornets AAA travel team years ago that was part of the Mt. Lebanon Hornets program.

And if I'm not mistaken that's because he couldn't make the Jr Penguins at that time. You see how all of this works? It's full circle.

2005 is the weakest birth year in the Pittsburgh area. There aren’t even enough kids who live in the Pittsburgh area to field one high level AAA team. Remember, at U15 no players get scouted outside of the top 20-25 teams, since the best of the best have already moved on to Prep schools. The players literally don’t care.  The parents have invested so much at this point putting together “AAA” teams at U15 and U16 is a final last-gasp attempt to rationalize the past 7-8 years of all-in on hockey for their future beer-leaguers.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sadday4hockey said:

And if I'm not mistaken that's because he couldn't make the Jr Penguins at that time. You see how all of this works? It's full circle.

His father was high up on USA hockey (Denver) and the person we are taking about happened to goto Denver u. He was a good player for his time but his father paved his path. 

7 hours ago, The King said:

So using nepotism and exclusion to spite nepotism and exclusion is something to be praised? Got it. So to be clear, you’re claiming that the Mount Lebanon 04 team that’s being discussed was created out of a heroic love of the sport by this coach who was tired of seeing PPE exclude worthy players based out of nepotism? Now having agreed that money is one of the driving forces behind the decisions of a lot of people in the sport, nepotism would be a close second. This coach does or does not have kids on the team? I’m also not sure what being an original player on the Hornets has to do with it either. Just want to be clear because you’re post was all over the place. 

See the nhl ref coaching his daughter to grow the game, same bs. The coach has built this team for his 04 kid. Most of this team won 3 games in Pahl bantam aa a few years back. He pushed Pahl to let his first year bantam team play in aa. Got his way, Team got embarrassed that season. Just as he got his way with pahl, he got his way with USA hockey for tier 1 status. If I recall correctly, he also has a 05 playing. 

No investment. My son started out at the Mt. Lebo program many years ago and moved on just like most other kids. One season with said coach was nothing but positive. ( we did get "invite" to Silver Sticks finals after losing district championship game) I know he had pull there.  Maybe I am unaware of recent happenings. I've never heard anything negative that's why I wanted to show support. As for the Preds? I've dealt first hand with the B.S. that happens on the older age teams and got out when the opportunity presented itself.