MT Lebo - AAA 15u?

10 hours ago, nemesis8679 said:

Yes, judging by their tuition, Shadyside Academy is very doable for most families:

$9,250-13,500 Pre-K $16,250 K $18,975 1st $20,250 2nd-5th $25,100 6th-8th $29,675 9th-12th $13,000 five-day boarding fee $16,500 seven-day boarding fee $2,000 international boarding fee

?

If you are playing PPE you are already paying 15,000 a year.  Shadyside does give aid.  I heard it is a nice amount. 

1 hour ago, twoboys said:

Makes no sense.  Why wouldn't they just try out for the Preds?  I bet Esmark will have an U15 team.  At midgets is when Esmark really starts to form teams.  They had an exception, the 03 group, who left the Renegades while they were Bantams, right?  Esmark tried with the 05 or 06 a couple of years ago and it didn't work.

The interesting thing with 05 will be what will the Icemen do?  Become a Yeti, play Tier 2 Independent  or become AAA.  Same goes for the 05 Viper Stars.  Will they stay Tier 2 Independent or will they become the Esmark Stars U15 team.

Because a lot of said players are all too familiar with the coaching style and player utilization of the 05 coach at the Preds.  Don't want to walk back into that situation after some have already been burned before.

• Like 1

A simple google search:

-yes, Icemen plan on having AAA 2005

-yes, Esmark plan on having AAA 2005

Mt Lebo has it listed simply as 2005BY.  Doesn’t specify as AA or AAA meaning they are probably hoping/open to make it AAA.  Their 2004 lists registration for AAA and AA. 

- yes, Preds list 2005 AAA tryouts. 

so indeed Pittsburgh area must have an abundance of AAA kids in that birth year. Even though as I have already pointed out, that BY isn’t exactly showing up in the Tier 1 or Tier 2 rankings very strongly. 

by the way, most of these kids will be playing solely high school hockey by the time they are seniors.  

5 hours ago, Theroadtobeerleague said:

A simple google search:

-yes, Icemen plan on having AAA 2005

-yes, Esmark plan on having AAA 2005

Mt Lebo has it listed simply as 2005BY.  Doesn’t specify as AA or AAA meaning they are probably hoping/open to make it AAA.  Their 2004 lists registration for AAA and AA. 

- yes, Preds list 2005 AAA tryouts. 

so indeed Pittsburgh area must have an abundance of AAA kids in that birth year. Even though as I have already pointed out, that BY isn’t exactly showing up in the Tier 1 or Tier 2 rankings very strongly. 

by the way, most of these kids will be playing solely high school hockey by the time they are seniors.  

I would advise the 05 icemen to leave asap heard dw is a nightmare to deal with 

54 minutes ago, Hockeyfan00 said:

I would advise the 05 icemen to leave asap heard dw is a nightmare to deal with 

That may be the craziest thing I have read on this board, and there are some crazy post. Also irrelevant as he coaches the 04s, not the 05s (u15 next season). 

1 hour ago, Hockey22 said:

That may be the craziest thing I have read on this board, and there are some crazy post. Also irrelevant as he coaches the 04s, not the 05s (u15 next season). 

He is the U15 coach . The 04s will move up to U16 and be coached by MF just as the 03s did 

8 minutes ago, Hockeyfan00 said:

He is the U15 coach . The 04s will move up to U16 and be coached by MF just as the 03s did

A simple click of a mouse button on a computer or your thumb on a phone on their tryout page will prove you wrong. But you go ahead thinking you know everything. I'll change my comment from crazy to.. crazy, lazy, discruntled, out of touch and misinformed.

1 hour ago, RegDunlop7 said:

That might be the craziest thing I've ever heard haha. So you're saying if the team name was Butler Valley Dogs and didn't have a "ghetto logo" (not sure what you even mean by that), you would've let your kid play there? Regardless of the coaching, player development, success of the organization, etc.

No. I'm saying that even with great coaching, player devolopment, success, etc. - I would find that stuff somewhere else. Hard to take seriously a team that spells the nickname as "DAWGS". You know, the age-old question in literature: What's in a name? That spelling was cute back in 1997 or so, to use it now (and let's be honest- even back then) conjures visions of white trash and crazy parents. I could be wrong, and location plays a big part in deciding where to play. But I would assume that the Butler Valley organization attracts people of the "DAWG" mentality more than say, the Wildcats, Renegades, or Vipers do. It's just how branding works. 

The logo itself, of the spiked-collar, fighting dog comes from the same mentality. On it's own, maybe coupled with a nickname like Bulldogs, instead of the DAWGS, wouldn't be as bad. More traditional, if not necessarily creative, if you will. But the two together make me think of something more suited to a New Jersey travel ball hockey team than an ice hockey organization that wants to be taken seriously. 

Also heard from a few different people that they are pretty unorganized as well. So there's that, too. 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, nemesis8679 said:

No. I'm saying that even with great coaching, player devolopment, success, etc. - I would find that stuff somewhere else. Hard to take seriously a team that spells the nickname as "DAWGS". You know, the age-old question in literature: What's in a name? That spelling was cute back in 1997 or so, to use it now (and let's be honest- even back then) conjures visions of white trash and crazy parents. I could be wrong, and location plays a big part in deciding where to play. But I would assume that the Butler Valley organization attracts people of the "DAWG" mentality more than say, the Wildcats, Renegades, or Vipers do. It's just how branding works. 

The logo itself, of the spiked-collar, fighting dog comes from the same mentality. On it's own, maybe coupled with a nickname like Bulldogs, instead of the DAWGS, wouldn't be as bad. More traditional, if not necessarily creative, if you will. But the two together make me think of something more suited to a New Jersey travel ball hockey team than an ice hockey organization that wants to be taken seriously. 

Also heard from a few different people that they are pretty unorganized as well. So there's that, too. 

Image result for ok boomer 

This type of name and logo seems to be working fine for Hatfield on the other side of the state.

Image result for hatfield ice dogs

15 minutes ago, HereWithPopcorn said:

Image result for ok boomer 

This type of name and logo seems to be working fine for Hatfield on the other side of the state.

Image result for hatfield ice dogs

....and Hatfield (your example) changed their name/logo this year to Genesis hockey club so not a great example. Don’t get me wrong Nenesis8679 is the type of person who bets on football based on the color of their uniform. Just ridiculous. 
Back to original Mt Lebo bashing. The 15u AAA team lost their first midam game today. Fun times

• Like 1