Preds 18u

1 hour ago, PrimeTimed said:

PAHL is a mess. Their version to crown a “playoff champ” is 2 semifinal games then a final. So Bush played 2 games. Beat Thomas because the refs disallowed 2 goals by Thomas that should have been goals (it’s on Live Barn) and beat beat SHAHA because SHAHA put the puck in their own net. So a PAHL playoff champ is kind of a joke in this case. The best team by far in PAHL was Thomas. The records and stats were already posted. 

Fir these boys to miss out on playing Nationals since it was cancelled is a shame. 

Sour grapes sounds to me. Someone won the Pahl championship & got the banner. someone also won the extended Pahl playoffs and got a invite to nationals. Pretty simple. 

2 hours ago, Danner27 said:

Sour grapes sounds to me. Someone won the Pahl championship & got the banner. someone also won the extended Pahl playoffs and got a invite to nationals. Pretty simple. 

No sour grapes for me. I don’t have a pony in the race. Just pointing out facts about the two teams where the original poster asked if Team 2 was better than Team 1. Team 1 won the regular season PAHL banner with 2 losses. Team 2 finished 4th. Team 1 more importantly won MidAms, when the same poster suggested that the Icemen would run away with the States. Sound like they had to go through Team Thomas who beat Icemen 3 out of 4 times. 

With that being said, I believe that having Team 1 Thomas and Team 2 Bush is a positive thing for the Predators organization. Two nice teams with no drama. Figured it’s nice to mix in some good with all the negative stuff posted on this board. Looks like 18U should be strong next year assuming Thomas keeps his team together since it’s a 2002 team. 

9 minutes ago, The King said:

No pony in the race but you joined the forum in Monday and have almost exclusively posted in this thread regarding these 2 teams? Come on man. Be better. You’re right, it is a positive to have 2 teams with coaches that have a built in player base. You know how much money that guarantees for a budget? No drama? Come on man. Do you think it was people outside of these 2 teams that started the debate on these teams? My guess is drama all year long. Wait until some get strong armed into joining the Tier 1 team. Or players that weren’t good enough are cut for better 03 or 04 players. Thanks for the entertainment newbie 

Sounds like you’re the one with experience there when perhaps your son hasn’t played AA or AAA hockey and feel like he was shafted. Not sure, but It doesn’t matter when I joined. I just wanted to bring to light that there is good stuff happening in the organization (although you’d never agree). So since you constantly bad mouth the Preds organization, not everyone agrees.  Sounds like you had bad experiences, and you carry it with you, but it doesn’t mean that your experience is representative of everyone associated with the organization.  So I wanted to add a fresh perspective for a team that despite all the mud slinging qualified for Nationals and is a nice team with good coaching. And yes this is the Predators organization. Also, sure how anyone can be strong armed into playing Tier 1??  They either tryout for Tier 1 or they don’t. I don’t know the attraction would be because that team could not complete with Esmark and PPE.  And how can anyone be forced to play Tier 1 when the fees are substantially more?  Not everyone wants that financial commitment. 

32 minutes ago, The King said:

Yeah you aren’t really a fan of my work I see. I’m one of the few who post on here that literally has no “pony in the race”. And just wait Junior. You’ll see how many of the kids on that team move to AAA. You talk about fees being more but think nothing of the substantial cost of flying to TX for a watered down version of a national championship. Forget the additional entrance fee. I know, I know. “It’s a great experience for the kids!”. Forget my feelings on the fact that we now call 18 year olds kids. If you have to be SafeSport certified and get a background check, you’re an adult.  And if you’re still clinging to the experience of traveling to an overpriced tournament to play knee hockey in the hall, you need to grow up. Just my opinion. But forget all that. The point I’m making is, you’re being disingenuous to try and state here that you have no vested interest. I’m sure you’re championing this organization to try and throw a veil over your interests in in your kids team. But answer me this, has the organization stepped up to offer to pay the expenses of the team? They’re getting free publicity for it. And the team was brought to them from the outside. So it’s not like the organization did anything but give them a jersey and registration number. Oh yeah, they also took your money and supported the Tier 1 teams. So before you say anything against the AAA, you helped pay for it. How do they have some of the lowest AAA costs in town? They’re supported by the teams under them. Not much value in that in my opinion. 

Understood (I guess).  But I don’t have the vested interest you think I do. And I’m definitely not digging into the nitty gritty as you have. Perhaps you’re right about the fees, but I’d disagree that the Nationals are watered down. Sure it’s an added expense, but playing hockey isn’t cheap. So parents know in advance that they may may have to open up the check book to fund trips. It’s not only hockey these days but every sport. It comes with the territory and I don’t think parents can’t say they didn’t know the costs. The higher level played means more money. 

I have no knowledge on how the payments to the organization are disbursed but I don’t disagree with you. Again I think it’s all the amateurs organizations. Not the Predators exclusively. They all want to make money. And the fees are advertised.  And I don’t think the organizations pay for the fees to Nationals. The patents do. So I agree with you there as well.  But not everyone is as bitter. 

2 hours ago, PrimeTimed said:

No sour grapes for me. I don’t have a pony in the race. Just pointing out facts about the two teams where the original poster asked if Team 2 was better than Team 1. Team 1 won the regular season PAHL banner with 2 losses. Team 2 finished 4th. Team 1 more importantly won MidAms, when the same poster suggested that the Icemen would run away with the States. Sound like they had to go through Team Thomas who beat Icemen 3 out of 4 times. 

With that being said, I believe that having Team 1 Thomas and Team 2 Bush is a positive thing for the Predators organization. Two nice teams with no drama. Figured it’s nice to mix in some good with all the negative stuff posted on this board. Looks like 18U should be strong next year assuming Thomas keeps his team together since it’s a 2002 team. 

GTFO - another exposed parent. 

4 minutes ago, The King said:

That shuffling sound is backpedaling. I have stated on many occasions this board provides me with a lot of entertainment. I’m not the only one. I just enjoy the interactions and hopefully with every parent of league/organization/affiliate official that gets exposed, the majority will learn and stop being so naive. On one hand you’ve defended the organization and the U18 level specifically with some stats that, while they don’t help the argument, had to be found with some time and energy expended. So you have a vested interest on some level. Then there’s the statement that AAA fees are too high which you contradict in the next breath by making the argument that arbitrary spending is part of the game. Come on man. Be better.

I have defended the organization based on the posts regarding the U18 coaches And teams specifically at the AA level, where there has been success. so I do give kudos to the Predators organization for that. And I do believe returning players will try to be convinced to play “AAA” for Gary. I do not think it’s right to pay gym fees or lessons fees as others have pointed out, but there’s inherent costs at AAA that are higher (more practice ice, more games, longer game, travel) which are advertised in the the registration (or should be). The added costs I feel that are acceptable are tournament fees, lodging, incidentals relating to travel, practice jerseys,etc. But I don’t feel that any player should be required to join a certain gym or go to private lessons as an added cost to be on a certain team. I also know there are coaches fees. But I really don’t think those are hidden? I don’t think parents are naive but I do believe that parents are willing to pay whatever they are asked so that there son can play “AAA.”  So they are “AAA” on paper. But parents chase the extra “A” for the kid just so they can say he plays AAA.  That’s what I see wrong with it.  Bottom line, it’s a lot of money to play AAA hockey for a team that won 8 games all year.  

4 hours ago, PrimeTimed said:

I have defended the organization based on the posts regarding the U18 coaches And teams specifically at the AA level, where there has been success. so I do give kudos to the Predators organization for that. And I do believe returning players will try to be convinced to play “AAA” for Gary. I do not think it’s right to pay gym fees or lessons fees as others have pointed out, but there’s inherent costs at AAA that are higher (more practice ice, more games, longer game, travel) which are advertised in the the registration (or should be). The added costs I feel that are acceptable are tournament fees, lodging, incidentals relating to travel, practice jerseys,etc. But I don’t feel that any player should be required to join a certain gym or go to private lessons as an added cost to be on a certain team. I also know there are coaches fees. But I really don’t think those are hidden? I don’t think parents are naive but I do believe that parents are willing to pay whatever they are asked so that there son can play “AAA.”  So they are “AAA” on paper. But parents chase the extra “A” for the kid just so they can say he plays AAA.  That’s what I see wrong with it.  Bottom line, it’s a lot of money to play AAA hockey for a team that won 8 games all year.  

Just shut up, you are digging a bigger hole. It’s apparent to all readers here your kid plays on the preds team that won the extended Pahl playoffs but lost the regular Pahl playoffs. 

Edited by Danner27

17 hours ago, Danner27 said:

Just shut up, you are digging a bigger hole. It’s apparent to all readers here your kid plays on the preds team that won the extended Pahl playoffs but lost the regular Pahl playoffs. 

Go **** yourself. Nobody is talking to you. And you or your kid is on Preds 2. I don’t care what you have to say and it appears that nobody else does either.

Edited by Paul Baxter
Inappropriate language // poster has been warned.

16 hours ago, PrimeTimed said:

Nobody is talking to you. And you or your kid is on Preds 2. I don’t care what you have to say and it appears that nobody else does either

Wow struck a nerve did I ? Again, truth comes out. Look at the frustration in your post.  Neither of my sons have ever played for the preds. They played for ppe along with esmark. 

Edited by Paul Baxter

17 hours ago, PrimeTimed said:

Nobody is talking to you. And you or your kid is on Preds 2. I don’t care what you have to say and it appears that nobody else does either.

Funny just noticed you called the other team “preds 2”. Guess what. The Pahl banner that will be hanging at ice castle will have all the kids names on it, along with the coaches. I bet that’s going to sting. The extended Pahl playoffs banner doesn’t get names. Jokes on you buddy, salty much ? 

Edited by Paul Baxter

17 minutes ago, Saucey said:

Don't you guys have anything better to do? Danner27 and The King (think it is the same guy) love it when someone takes their bait. Just move on.

Yes I just realized that when I read Faga Fohi’s post in another forum. Now it makes sense. Pretty pathetic and desperate l.  I’m done wasting my time responding to that person with 2 monikers. Thanks for the head check. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, PrimeTimed said:

Yes I just realized that when I read Faga Fohi’s post in another forum. Now it makes sense. Pretty pathetic and desperate l.  I’m done wasting my time responding to that person with 2 monikers. Thanks for the head check. 

If you can’t tell by comments and writing that he and I have completely different   thoughts patterns, you sir are a moron... make sure you are there for the team 2 banner raising! Go have a iron city! 

1 hour ago, Saucey said:

Don't you guys have anything better to do? Danner27 and The King (think it is the same guy) love it when someone takes their bait. Just move on.

I agree.

Whether or not they are the same person, one thing is clear: it's not worth feeding their fire by responding to them just to argue about who is a parent on a team. They both say things worth debating from time to time, but in the end those discussions seem to always turn to accusations that the other party in the discussion is a parent on the team, as if that is somehow sufficient to invalidate whatever that person may be saying.

I'd love to debate hockey topics here, and not have to spend time arguing about whose kid plays on what teams. That's not worth discussing, except where it has an actual bearing on a conversation rather than merely being intended to somehow belittle a parent.

For the record, my kids don't play for ANY of these organizations, and are both A players. I enjoy this discussion board when there are useful discussions about hockey and related topics. I don't see how arguments about who has the bigger stick are useful. It's best to just ignore the boorish behavior (when it happens, and from anyone) rather than giving the guys who post that stuff what they want: attention.

Just my $0.02.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Yep same guy. WOW. Pretty (very) sad. Thanks again for the heads up. Lonely world when someone has two user names and responds to his own posts. 

Kudos for Fafa Fohi and Saucey for figuring it out and exposing him.  All makes perfect sense. Sad but funny as ****. 

Edited by Paul Baxter
Inappropriate Languange // second warning for user.

2 hours ago, PrimeTimed said:

Now it’s “Danner’s” turn to reply. Anyone wanna bet?

I’ll reply just for you... the guy that recently joined and knows every detail about the preds 18u aa teams yet doesn’t have a kid on the team.... like is said - expanded Pahl playoffs. Your sons name won’t be on the banner hanging at ice castle for the Pahl championship!!! 

Edited by Paul Baxter