Mid-Am Schedule 2020

18u Culver 11 PPE 3

Can you hear the giant sigh of relief now that this debacle is finally over? What started as a colossal fuck up by bringing this coach back, to its embarrassing culmination. Congrats, you got what you deserve with this shit show! Hey, at least his kid got the advancement opportunities he was after. Thankfully some of the others can look back to last year and remember the National championship they got because they were lucky enough to play for Mueller and with some talented 03 teammates 

11 minutes ago, PPEFAN said:

18u Culver 11 PPE 3

Can you hear the giant sigh of relief now that this debacle is finally over? What started as a colossal fuck up by bringing this coach back, to its embarrassing culmination. Congrats, you got what you deserve with this shit show! Hey, at least his kid got the advancement opportunities he was after. Thankfully some of the others can look back to last year and remember the National championship they got because they were lucky enough to play for Mueller and with some talented 03 teammates 

He’s not a bad coach, sure it was all about his kid and mr m was paying him back. The issue with that team was he also picked it. FYI the 03s did not win the national championship last year. Two 02s carried that team at nationals, go look up the stats, they are still online. I won’t dispute mueller, he’s a excellent coach. One of the top in the country, that’s why they tossed all that money at him. 03 ppe could never beat him when he was at the mission, mr m need him and his star player to be around his kid. 

Speaking of the 18s, word this weekend PPE will only have one team at that age next year. The 18 prep team. They finally found a away to force the 18s into nc/excel. The team will practice at noon every day. So as I first said this team will be for post grad kids not in high school anymore, if you are still in hs you will have to attend nc. The team will attract better out of state players that have graduated still hanging onto the dream. not sure how many of you nc/excel cheerleaders, dreamers will get a gold helmet, if any do. Your best chance will be this, it’s first year. 

17 minutes ago, Danner27 said:

He’s not a bad coach, sure it was all about his kid and mr m was paying him back. The issue with that team was he also picked it. FYI the 03s did not win the national championship last year. Two 02s carried that team at nationals, go look up the stats, they are still online. I won’t dispute mueller, he’s a excellent coach. One of the top in the country, that’s why they tossed all that money at him. 03 ppe could never beat him when he was at the mission, mr m need him and his star player to be around his kid. 

Yes, there were a few 02 that were a big part of the success. No, I didn’t say he’s a bad coach. He’s a parent coach though, and there in lies the problem. There’s no place for it at the tier 1 level, period! He has famously chosen teams out of loyalty, has threatened to take players to other organizations, has followed through on those threats, has controlled mid am camp selections, has denied more deserving kids the opportunity to develop, and his teams have notoriously underperformed. He’s done it all for his kid and for his own personal agenda. Everything  it should not be about! The ppe let it happen

19 minutes ago, PPEFAN said:

Yes, there were a few 02 that were a big part of the success. No, I didn’t say he’s a bad coach. He’s a parent coach though, and there in lies the problem. There’s no place for it at the tier 1 level, period! He has famously chosen teams out of loyalty, has threatened to take players to other organizations, has followed through on those threats, has controlled mid am camp selections, has denied more deserving kids the opportunity to develop, and his teams have notoriously underperformed. He’s done it all for his kid and for his own personal agenda. Everything  it should not be about! The ppe let it happen

Take everything you just said, now Replace the name with David Morehouse. Not much different except the operating budget behind the teams eh ? 

Tier 1 is compete.

18s winner esmark. Not much of a surprise here, nothing to to note accept PPE getting destroyed by everyone. 

16s winner PPE. Think we all saw this coming, some interesting thoughts at this age group - PPE killed everyone (preds 12-0, barons 9-0, Sylvania 6-1) esmark 03’s appear to be the only team that gave ppe a game losing by a score of 2-0. Cleveland Barons - what happened to this program ? 0-3 giving up 21 goals and only scoring 1 goal. 

15s winner blue jackets. I would say this was a small upset, someone on the board did call this out as possible. 

congratulations to the district tier 1 champions and the teams that all made it to the tournament! 

47 minutes ago, Saucey said:

Tier II Renegades 14u won, no surprise there.  Looked bored and like they weren't even trying as they toyed with the Icemen in that Championship game. 

Not to come of like a d!ck, tier 2 It’s not a district championship. For some reason they are calling it “states” now and it’s not. It’s just Pittsburgh teams, just about everyone that applies makes it. Not to mention there is something like 3-4 different tier 2 national champions. It’s really just a another Pahl championship the local independent team (Icemen) partake in.  

46 minutes ago, Danner27 said:

Not to come of like a d!ck, tier 2 It’s not a district championship. For some reason they are calling it “states” now and it’s not. It’s just Pittsburgh teams, just about everyone that applies makes it. Not to mention there is something like 3-4 different tier 2 national champions. It’s really just a another Pahl championship the local independent team (Icemen) partake in.  

The Viper Stars are also independent.  The mid am is divided up so that the part of the mid am that is western PA gets its own qualifier, as do WV, Kentucky, Ohio, and Indiana. That’s why it’s called “States”

Tier 2 Nationals will be in three groups: 1A, 2A, and 3A.    The Mid Am winner will be placed in 3A, the toughest.  With their recent wins, SCIR will be a top 20 team and have a chance to make a good showing, as they’ve already played some of the top AA teams and held their own.  Important to note that Mt Lebo and the Foxes both had a win vs them this season, as did Westmoreland. These are 14 and 15 year old who one moment look like they have it all figured out and the next  moment are totally clueless.  Hockey is played on a slippery surface with a small round puck, so bounces matter and it’s pretty unpredictable.  Just look at the Pens game today as an example. The better team doesn’t win every time. 

24 minutes ago, Theroadtobeerleague said:

The Viper Stars are also independent.  The mid am is divided up so that the part of the mid am that is western PA gets its own qualifier, as do WV, Kentucky, Ohio, and Indiana. That’s why it’s called “States”

Tier 2 Nationals will be in three groups: 1A, 2A, and 3A.    The Mid Am winner will be placed in 3A, the toughest.  With their recent wins, SCIR will be a top 20 team and have a chance to make a good showing, as they’ve already played some of the top AA teams and held their own.  Important to note that Mt Lebo and the Foxes both had a win vs them this season, as did Westmoreland. These are 14 and 15 year old who one moment look like they have it all figured out and the next  moment are totally clueless.  Hockey is played on a slippery surface with a small round puck, so bounces matter and it’s pretty unpredictable.  Just look at the Pens game today as an example. The better team doesn’t win every time. 

I understand all that. Again it’s just a second Pahl championship tournament in the end with the occasional local indie team. Looking at midget - 18s it’s Pahl with the indie icemen, 16s are just all Pahl teams. 

18 minutes ago, Danner27 said:

I understand all that. Again it’s just a second Pahl championship tournament in the end with the occasional local indie team. Looking at midget - 18s it’s Pahl with the indie icemen, 16s are just all Pahl teams. 

That’s simply not true.  Western PA is a part of the Mid Am and includes all teams in this side of the state including teams that don’t play in PAHL such as Mid State.  

and while PAHL ends with the season-end tournament, the winner of “states” goes on to compete in Nationals.

PAHL is just a local hockey league like any other and Tier 2 is pretty much open to any teams that apply.   The 2006 Allegheny team played in this years U14 division of “states”

Edited by Theroadtobeerleague

1 hour ago, Danner27 said:

You do sound like a dick.  People on this forum either complain that kids are playing for faux AAA teams or shit on them when they play AA, work hard and earn the right to play at Tier II nationals .  

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Puckthat said:

You do sound like a dick.  People on this forum either complain that kids are playing for faux AAA teams or shit on them when they play AA, work hard and earn the right to play at Tier II nationals .  

I’ll second that!  This board is so stupid anymore.  Many of you think that you are the king of hockey,, you got your thumb on the pulse, that you know everything and your word is 100% true facts.  Opinions are only opinions.  I’ve got opinions also.  The bonus for me is that my opinion could possibly be changed from a civil conversation.  That doesn’t happen very often on here.

Best of luck to all who won today.  Esmark Stars, Pittsburgh Pens Elite, Ohio Blue Jackets, Cleveland Barons, Pittsburgh Predators, Arctic Foxes, Steel City Ice Renegades.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, The King said:

Allowing WV and Kentucky have a representative at Nationals in lieu of teams from WPA or OH that are better but didn’t win their segregated bracket is moronic and shows the mentality of MidAm and it’s leadership. How these people continue to take your money and tell you what to do is mind boggling to me 

They get represented at a different level.  At Tier 2, the 1A, 2A, and 3A is based on number of registered players.  I don’t believe any teams for Kentucky or Indiana registered at Tier 2

29 minutes ago, The King said:

Ok so here’s my questions, what is the breakdown of slots awarded at nationals for each affiliate? So WV is given a spot based on not having any competition? And if so, you’re telling me it wouldn’t be better filled by another WPA or OH team? Or, how about MidAm actually do what’s best for the sport and make these teams compete against each other. Gold, silver and bronze winners all get bids to nationals. And those teams all have to earn bids to districts. Oh wait, I know why...

In short, NO.  They don’t take spots away from Western PA because they don’t compete at the same Nationals. 
Read below and you’ll see that they have actually thought it out pretty well  

From USA Hockey:

The Youth Tier II National Championship Tournament shall include up to 40 teams, comprised of one team representing the host, one team from each state declaring to send a team, and at-large teams selected by the Youth National Championship Tournament Selection Committee established by the National Championship Tournament chairperson. If at-large
bids are necessary, the Youth National Championship Tournament Selection Committee will review the list of declared teams provided by Registrars at the Winter Meeting and select at-large teams taking different states into consideration each year so that there is a rotation of states represented as at-large teams each year. Teams and host team are listed based on the previous season’s registration numbers in the state
for the age classification. The teams are placed into three conferences (3A, 2A, 1A), with 3A being the highest number of registered players, 2A being the middle number of registered players, and 1A being the lowest number of registered players. Conferences may consist of 16, 12, or 8 teams depending on the number of teams declared. To create conferences with this number of teams, a team may be placed in a higher or lower conference at the discretion of the Youth National Championship Tournament Selection Committee.
The Youth Tier II National Championship Tournament
is not seeded and teams are placed into their respective brackets. When possible, the Youth National Championship Tournament Selection Committee will attempt to place teams into different brackets than teams from the same state, affiliate, district, and/or league.

Edited by Theroadtobeerleague

1 hour ago, The King said:

What @Danner27 is saying is that, it’s all the same teams that compete against each other all season. The league actually makes it more legitimate by making the teams qualify. MidAm takes any team with the fee. Now it used to be that you had to have a certain amount of wins against the level of competition for that Tier. But it changed as more people complained about not having an opportunity at nationals and USA Hockey and it’s affiliates used that mentality to increase their income. Add more teams, make more money! Capitalism at its finest. Problem is, it cheapens the experience. Having 3 classes at nationals is just a sign of the times. Class segregation, leadership making a financial gain off of the constituents call for equality, penalization for anyone that questions leadership, sounds familiar doesn’t it?

Ding ding this guy gets it. 

Meh, I'm fine with teams having to be state champions to get to Nationals. Does that mean a team from West Virginia might have an uncontested path? Yes, but so be it and that's why I'm fine in having those states with fewer players having the separate 1A championship.

If anything, a complaint could be that PA gets to send two teams because the state is split across two districts. There is only one state champ from Michigan, yet there will be two 'state champs' from PA.

For the 2005 tier II W.Pa championship, the 8 teams in the tourney were the top 8 teams in WPa. I have no idea if other teams applied and were denied but that was a pretty good tourney with a couple of teams that aren't in the PAHL (Viper Stars, Icemen). Congrats to SC for winning.

20 hours ago, Danner27 said:

Speaking of the 18s, word this weekend PPE will only have one team at that age next year. The 18 prep team. They finally found a away to force the 18s into nc/excel. The team will practice at noon every day. So as I first said this team will be for post grad kids not in high school anymore, if you are still in hs you will have to attend nc. The team will attract better out of state players that have graduated still hanging onto the dream. not sure how many of you nc/excel cheerleaders, dreamers will get a gold helmet, if any do. Your best chance will be this, it’s first year. 

Danner! You’re so full of yourself! Were you at the meeting last week? I was and you do NOT have to go to NC to play on the prep team. So what is your next conspiracy theory?

19 hours ago, Danner27 said:

Take everything you just said, now Replace the name with David Morehouse. Not much different except the operating budget behind the teams eh ? 

The 2003 team has been one of the most successful teams in the organization, going back to mites! Check out their overall record, It is one of the most talented birth years in Pittsburgh. Not sure what Morehouse has done to piss you off, but you need to get over it! He has done more for Pittsburgh hockey then anyone has in the last 10 years. Did it help his son, probably... in doing so it has help thousands of local and yes, kids that want to come to Pittsburgh to train and play in a good organization. Say what you want about DM, or the organization, but it’s successful. It shows by the number of kids drafted (wasn’t the number one overall pick in the USHL draft last year developed, trained and played for the PPE) committed to colleges, and I’m not talking just about the boys, the girls teams are very successful and have developed nicely, with a lot girls committed. He’s also one of a few who is responsible for bringing the USHL fall classic to Pittsburgh, that’s great for the local communities and players. They are putting more resources, time and money into the program for the girls. Doesn’t matter who’s involved, it’s good for Pittsburgh and kids that choose to send their kids to NC/Excel/ or PPE!