Mid-Am Schedule 2020

53 minutes ago, Hockey1 said:

Danner! You’re so full of yourself! Were you at the meeting last week? I was and you do NOT have to go to NC to play on the prep team. So what is your next conspiracy theory?

So please tell me how a kid going to high school is going to make a mid day practice ? 

44 minutes ago, Hockey1 said:

The 2003 team has been one of the most successful teams in the organization, going back to mites! Check out their overall record, It is one of the most talented birth years in Pittsburgh. Not sure what Morehouse has done to piss you off, but you need to get over it! He has done more for Pittsburgh hockey then anyone has in the last 10 years. Did it help his son, probably... in doing so it has help thousands of local and yes, kids that want to come to Pittsburgh to train and play in a good organization. Say what you want about DM, or the organization, but it’s successful. It shows by the number of kids drafted (wasn’t the number one overall pick in the USHL draft last year developed, trained and played for the PPE) committed to colleges, and I’m not talking just about the boys, the girls teams are very successful and have developed nicely, with a lot girls committed. He’s also one of a few who is responsible for bringing the USHL fall classic to Pittsburgh, that’s great for the local communities and players. They are putting more resources, time and money into the program for the girls. Doesn’t matter who’s involved, it’s good for Pittsburgh and kids that choose to send their kids to NC/Excel/ or PPE!

Everyone that knows anything about local hockey, the history and how things operate are laughing at this post. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, The King said:

Serious question, outside of the PPE ‘03 team and girls teams you mention, how has anything he’s done helped the broader hockey community? What does the average in house player gain by the ushl playing a showcase here? They pay admission I’m sure. But what do they get from it? I think it’s also important to clarify something about the Prep team. Do the high school aged players have to attend NC/Excel to play for the 18U team? 

don’t waste your breathe on her lunacy, I know who she is now. 

18 minutes ago, The King said:

Serious question, outside of the PPE ‘03 team and girls teams you mention, how has anything he’s done helped the broader hockey community? What does the average in house player gain by the ushl playing a showcase here? They pay admission I’m sure. But what do they get from it? I think it’s also important to clarify something about the Prep team. Do the high school aged players have to attend NC/Excel to play for the 18U team? 

No, you do not have to attend NC/Excel to play for the Prep team.  I was in the meeting and it was made very clear that is a rumor and 100% false.  Also, when you help build and are the driving force behind building a practice facility that everyone can use and benefit from, I think that is a good thing.  He was one of the people that drove learn to paly hockey in all local schools by providing floor hockey sticks and equipment, he has been instrumental in setting up the learn to play for free program through 87 by providing the free gear through Dicks Sporting Goods.  He has his "THUMB" on everything associated with growing hockey in the greater Pittsburgh community.  The USHL event brings every single College, NHL, NAHL, USHL, and OHL scouts to Pittsburgh every year.  This is giving exposure to our local players and is a good thing.  If you ever spent any time with him or spoken to him you would know he wants to grow youth hockey in Pittsburgh, he is one of the biggest advocates for keeping kids home as long as possible and not having to leave at a young age.  He has done more for the community, and the city than most people know.  He doesn't ask for recognition or acknowledgement and probably would be embarrassed about the topic in general.  I get it, people aren't always going to get a long, and like everyone.  I happen to know DM, and had a chance to speak with him and the things said about him on this forum are false and misrepresent the person and things he tries to do for youth hockey in Pittsburgh.  People would complain if know one was doing anything, but since he's active and happens to have a son that plays on one of the teams, he gets the heat for helping.  It's part of the job I guess, but before you judge someone and bash that person, you should at least know the person or know what your talking about when accusing him of stuff.  That's it!

34 minutes ago, Danner27 said:

Everyone that knows anything about local hockey, the history and how things operate are laughing at this post. 

You are the one that actually has zero clue about youth hockey, especially in Pittsburgh.  Let's start by you thinking you know who I am!  LOL!  It doesn't even matter at this point because you are a scorn, miserable hockey dad who is unhappy because his son/daughter didn't make a team.  Poor you Danner!  I am willing to bet, I know more about youth hockey, especially in it's current state in Pittsburgh than you will ever pretend to know.

43 minutes ago, Danner27 said:

So please tell me how a kid going to high school is going to make a mid day practice ? 

I will tell you, it's called working the schedule out with your current school because most of the kids are seniors and have a ton of elective classes and a truncated schedule as it is.  Maybe, just maybe the kid can also cyber school??? WOW, SMH!!!

15 hours ago, Puckthat said:

You do sound like a dick.  People on this forum either complain that kids are playing for faux AAA teams or shit on them when they play AA, work hard and earn the right to play at Tier II nationals .  

Agreed. And I find it ironic that many of the people who crap all over the AA kids with comments like this are the same ones trying to form AAA teams outside of Pens Elite, whose market and audience are AA kids for the most part. This is what they really think of your player, folks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RegDunlop7 said:

I find it hard to believe that an 18U team would hold 12:00 practices unless it was affiliated with a particular school -- seems like a heavy burden for students attending schools that aren't five minutes from the rink. I'm also convinced that @Danner27 and @The King are the same person with how much they compliment each other on here lol.

Yes! I've been thinking that too, same person.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Danner27 said:

1 minute ago, RegDunlop7 said:

I find it hard to believe that an 18U team would hold 12:00 practices unless it was affiliated with a particular school -- seems like a heavy burden for students attending schools that aren't five minutes from the rink. I'm also convinced that @Danner27 and @The King are the same person with how much they compliment each other on here lol.

12:00 practices would be tough, your right.  The schedule is practice at 1:50 to 2:50, workout to 3:50 and the kids are done for the day.  The kids would have to get to the rink by 1:15/1:30 at the latest.

1 hour ago, Hockey1 said:

The 2003 team has been one of the most successful teams in the organization, going back to mites! Check out their overall record, It is one of the most talented birth years in Pittsburgh. Not sure what Morehouse has done to piss you off, but you need to get over it! He has done more for Pittsburgh hockey then anyone has in the last 10 years. Did it help his son, probably... in doing so it has help thousands of local and yes, kids that want to come to Pittsburgh to train and play in a good organization. Say what you want about DM, or the organization, but it’s successful. It shows by the number of kids drafted (wasn’t the number one overall pick in the USHL draft last year developed, trained and played for the PPE) committed to colleges, and I’m not talking just about the boys, the girls teams are very successful and have developed nicely, with a lot girls committed. He’s also one of a few who is responsible for bringing the USHL fall classic to Pittsburgh, that’s great for the local communities and players. They are putting more resources, time and money into the program for the girls. Doesn’t matter who’s involved, it’s good for Pittsburgh and kids that choose to send their kids to NC/Excel/ or PPE!

No doubt the 2003 birth year was one of the most talented birth years in Pittsburgh hockey history.  But let's not forget that the PPE started recruiting kids from out of town in order to get them that national championship.  I'm not hating, but that's what happened. Bringing players in from Chicago and other areas across the country while taking spots from kids locally.  Not sure how that's great for local players.  

As far as the PPE goes and their "development", the 14s and 15s couldn't even get out of one of the easiest districts to qualify from.  14s lost to the 40th ranked team and 15s lost  as well to an inferior team.  But at least the 16s won it all! Not to mention the dumpster that was the 18s this season.   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The King said:

So he’s done nothing more than be the public face of the NHL clubs community outreach programs. Thanks for clarifying. Do you have any idea how many people in this sport that don’t crave public attention, don’t profit from it and who’s kids don’t personally benefit from it do infinitely more with less resources? They actually make the sport and it’s participants better at the ground level. So forgive me if I don’t rush to kiss the ground the guy walks on. And I never accused him of anything. All I’ve said is that he’s not doing anything productive for the greater hockey community. You love him though so good on ya!

So, since he has a son that plays in the program, he's not supposed to help build and support the sport.. I mean by your logic, he shouldn't be involved at all.  FYI, he doesn't profit a single penny from helping to build the sport.  Obviously you don't know him, and don't have to "kiss the ground he walks on" to know that he doesn't crave any public attention or acknowledgement.  All this back and forth doesn't help anyone, at the end of the day, the question is "is youth hockey in Pittsburgh better off since the Pens and DM have been involved", I would argue yes, it's 10x's better now than before the involvement.  I am going to go out on a limb and guess you disagree?

So PPE goes 1/4 in a District as weak as MidAm is? In a District where they have done everything that they can to eliminate any and all possible competition?

This is an organization that, and I quote they themselves "has the best coaches, the best facilities and the best players". If this is true, this can only be construed as one thing. A colossal failure at their home rink.

8 minutes ago, dazedandconfused said:

Then why the f&#@ is it called a Prep team. If it's not affiliated 100% with a school (hence the word Prep) then it's just a 18U team.

Yes, this makes ZERO sense whatsoever. If it's not affiliated with a school, then what exactly is the difference between the new "Prep" team and the current 18U team? 

27 minutes ago, Hockey1 said:

12:00 practices would be tough, your right.  The schedule is practice at 1:50 to 2:50, workout to 3:50 and the kids are done for the day.  The kids would have to get to the rink by 1:15/1:30 at the latest.

Funny how their practice times will line up perfectly with the Excel program....hmmm... what a  crazy coincidence huh?!

Furthermore - Do people REALLY think that the team will consist of kids who don't attend the NC/Excel program? Not happening. Mueller and the powers that be will handpick their favorite Excel kids to fill the roster. Maybe one or two slip in on the 4th line to save face but that's it. 

3 minutes ago, bennybardown said:

No doubt the 2003 birth year was one of the most talented birth years in Pittsburgh hockey history.  But let's not forget that the PPE started recruiting kids from out of town in order to get them that national championship.  I'm not hating, but that's what happened. Bringing players in from Chicago and other areas across the country while taking spots from kids locally.  Not sure how that's great for local players.  

As far as the PPE goes and their "development", the 14s and 15s couldn't even get out of one of the easiest districts to qualify from.  14s lost to the 40th ranked team and 15s lost  as well to an inferior team.  But at least the 16s won it all! Not to mention the dumpster that was the 18s this season.   

I believe that team had 3 kids from Chicago on that team, and two of the three weren't heavy contributors to that team.  Not going to argue the 18's this year struggled, they had a lot of injuries and had a short bench.  Most of their games going into the 3rd period they were ahead by 2 or 3 goals and ended up losing those games, mainly because they were gassed and didn't have the legs to finish the game.

Just because the teams lost doesn't mean they don't develop talent, it just means they got beat by a better team that day or simply didn't play like a team.  We obviously don't agree on this point, and that's fine.  We can agree to disagree, but there's a reason why most kids want to play at the organization whether they want to admit it or not.

4 minutes ago, sadday4hockey said:

FINALLY!!! You get it!!!!

4 minutes ago, sadday4hockey said:

5 minutes ago, forbin said:

Yes, this makes ZERO sense whatsoever. If it's not affiliated with a school, then what exactly is the difference between the new "Prep" team and the current 18U team? 

Funny how their practice times will line up perfectly with the Excel program....hmmm... what a  crazy coincidence huh?!

Furthermore - Do people REALLY think that the team will consist of kids who don't attend the NC/Excel program? Not happening. Mueller and the powers that be will handpick their favorite Excel kids to fill the roster. Maybe one or two slip in on the 4th line to save face but that's it. 

I guess we will have to wait and see...  I am willing to bet, probably half or more don't attend Excel or NC and play on that team.

14 minutes ago, Hockey1 said:

I believe that team had 3 kids from Chicago on that team, and two of the three weren't heavy contributors to that team.  Not going to argue the 18's this year struggled, they had a lot of injuries and had a short bench.  Most of their games going into the 3rd period they were ahead by 2 or 3 goals and ended up losing those games, mainly because they were gassed and didn't have the legs to finish the game.

Just because the teams lost doesn't mean they don't develop talent, it just means they got beat by a better team that day or simply didn't play like a team.  We obviously don't agree on this point, and that's fine.  We can agree to disagree, but there's a reason why most kids want to play at the organization whether they want to admit it or not.

It doesn't matter if they helped or not.  You didn't understand my point though.  Did they not take spots from Pgh area kids b/c they wanted to win?  How is that helping the local kids?  And who was basically in charge of that team?  That's right.  DM.

Are the developing talent or are they just getting the top kids?  You would think that with all of their full time "skills" coaches, districts at their own rink, playing against the easy Mid Am district, they would have easily walked to nationals. It's not hard to win when you get the top pick of talent from the area and the top "skills" coaches.  Or wait, it must have been for the 14s and 15s.  

Edited by bennybardown

1 hour ago, Hockey1 said:

Ummm you are forgetting they took the two best players from the blue jackets. The 03s never won a national championship. The 02s did last year with a handful of 03s on the team. One 03 who is now on the ndtp contributed. 

2 hours ago, Hockey1 said:

So, since he has a son that plays in the program, he's not supposed to help build and support the sport.. I mean by your logic, he shouldn't be involved at all.  FYI, he doesn't profit a single penny from helping to build the sport.  Obviously you don't know him, and don't have to "kiss the ground he walks on" to know that he doesn't crave any public attention or acknowledgement.  All this back and forth doesn't help anyone, at the end of the day, the question is "is youth hockey in Pittsburgh better off since the Pens and DM have been involved", I would argue yes, it's 10x's better now than before the involvement.  I am going to go out on a limb and guess you disagree?

Mom your nose is so far up his a$$ it’s ridiculous, you must be giving him reports that you are defending him in The public. Hockey is worse off with that megalomaniac involved. All these great community things would have still happened under the pro team and all the nhl programs. 

he hasn’t helped build anything, all he did was use his influence, money and power to surround his son with the best players at his BY along with a coach who’s won and was beating his ass at his own game. 

lets talk about the 03 dad who’s kid currently plays in the ohl. Last year when the dad questioned dm on excel being a conflict of interest the dad was banned from the rink. They tried to ban him from away games with a threat to him against his youngest in the program. DM tried to make a example of him to the other parents such as you, get in line and don’t Question anything. I personally know this parent along with all the details to the story. So please defend DM here. This man really did give back unlike DM. This man would ise the instructor icetime at Baierl and some of the excel 03 kids would come work for free with him. That was DM biggest problem with the man, kids were skipping excel Once a week to get BETTER instruction for free in a smaller group. 

keep riding DM, it’s getting your kid nowhere. My 99 was draft in the ushl futures draft, jealous mom ? Though he never made it to the ushl, I know how much it hurts you just to read that. 

tell me what kid going to public school can make a practice that starts at 1:50 ? NONE. 

2 hours ago, Danner27 said:

Mom your nose is so far up his a$$ it’s ridiculous, you must be giving him reports that you are defending him in The public. Hockey is worse off with that megalomaniac involved. All these great community things would have still happened under the pro team and all the nhl programs. 

he hasn’t helped build anything, all he did was use his influence, money and power to surround his son with the best players at his BY along with a coach who’s won and was beating his ass at his own game. 

lets talk about the 03 dad who’s kid currently plays in the ohl. Last year when the dad questioned dm on excel being a conflict of interest the dad was banned from the rink. They tried to ban him from away games with a threat to him against his youngest in the program. DM tried to make a example of him to the other parents such as you, get in line and don’t Question anything. I personally know this parent along with all the details to the story. So please defend DM here. This man really did give back unlike DM. This man would ise the instructor icetime at Baierl and some of the excel 03 kids would come work for free with him. That was DM biggest problem with the man, kids were skipping excel Once a week to get BETTER instruction for free in a smaller group. 

keep riding DM, it’s getting your kid nowhere. My 99 was draft in the ushl futures draft, jealous mom ? Though he never made it to the ushl, I know how much it hurts you just to read that. 

tell me what kid going to public school can make a practice that starts at 1:50 ? NONE. 

Hey mom, is dm writing your reply ? 

3 hours ago, Danner27 said:

None of what you said is true!  Especially about the Dad's kid who plays in the OHL right now, you are clueless!!  USHL "futures" LMAO!!! whoohoo!! FUTURES!!!!

Come back in August when half of the team doesn't go to NC and makes every single practice by going to cyber school or any other high school!!