Mid-Am Schedule 2020

37 minutes ago, Hockey1 said:

None of what you said is true!  Especially about the Dad's kid who plays in the OHL right now, you are clueless!!  USHL "futures" LMAO!!! whoohoo!! FUTURES!!!!

Come back in August when half of the team doesn't go to NC and makes every single practice by going to cyber school or any other high school!!

So you have no argument, no facts.  I’m very good friends the parent. He worked with my oldest when he was younger. He’s a great skills coach, this the reason his son made it to ohl, his dad is better than what excel had to offer. The entire story is true everyone In the ppe program knows it yet here you are denying it. Guess you didn’t get a chance to talk to DM yet to put a longer reply together. you ignored every question, fact & argument I made above mom. It’s not peewee anymore, your kid fell behind everyone but you are still drinking dm’s kool aid thinking you can still get your kid somewhere. He won’t, he’s dropped off every year the past 2 seasons. He would be in major junior this season if he really had it, like the others. 

7 hours ago, Hockey1 said:

I believe that team had 3 kids from Chicago on that team, and two of the three weren't heavy contributors to that team.  Not going to argue the 18's this year struggled, they had a lot of injuries and had a short bench.  Most of their games going into the 3rd period they were ahead by 2 or 3 goals and ended up losing those games, mainly because they were gassed and didn't have the legs to finish the game.

Just because the teams lost doesn't mean they don't develop talent, it just means they got beat by a better team that day or simply didn't play like a team.  We obviously don't agree on this point, and that's fine.  We can agree to disagree, but there's a reason why most kids want to play at the organization whether they want to admit it or not.

Yes,  at Mid Ams U18s lost 8-2 and 11-3 in games that they were winning by 2 or 3 goals and then got tired. 

• Haha 1

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 10:06 AM, Hockey1 said:

So, since he has a son that plays in the program, he's not supposed to help build and support the sport.. I mean by your logic, he shouldn't be involved at all.  FYI, he doesn't profit a single penny from helping to build the sport.  Obviously you don't know him, and don't have to "kiss the ground he walks on" to know that he doesn't crave any public attention or acknowledgement.  All this back and forth doesn't help anyone, at the end of the day, the question is "is youth hockey in Pittsburgh better off since the Pens and DM have been involved", I would argue yes, it's 10x's better now than before the involvement.  I am going to go out on a limb and guess you disagree?

WOW! Can't speak for the individual DM, but the Pens?  Good for local youth hockey?  You lost me there.  That organization has destroyed the Pittsburgh area, not helped it (they are the reason we have such an issue at the AAA level, and why our AA teams can't compete anymore).  You really don't get out much do you?  I would suggest looking at what other pro teams have done for their communities to build the sport and get back to me on this.  Sorry to say I am going to have to side with everyone else on this one.  Your statements are ridiculous. 

5 minutes ago, Eddie Shore said:

WOW! Can't speak for the individual DM, but the Pens?  Good for local youth hockey?  You lost me there.  That organization has destroyed the Pittsburgh area, not helped it (they are the reason we have such an issue at the AAA level, and why our AA teams can't compete anymore).  You really don't get out much do you?  I would suggest looking at what other pro teams have done for their communities to build the sport and get back to me on this.  Sorry to say I am going to have to side with everyone else on this one.  Your statements are ridiculous. 

All of this doesn't even touch on the disastrous effects Pens Elite hockey has had on girls' hockey in the region.

• Like 1