Pens Elite

On 9/18/2018 at 2:49 PM, dazedandconfused said:

Everyone knows how it works so if you don't like it, don't try out or play there.

I'm sure some of the players actually belong on teams and others might be the Pens and friends method but everyone has the ability to choose whether or not they try out there and/or accept a position on a team.

I agree with you, it just seemed like there was so much going on already this time last year. 

4 hours ago, fafa fohi said:

I have noticed some of the Black PPE teams have lost games to PAHL teams - some to team that are not the #1 team from the organization.  I have no skin in the game but if I were one of the parents on a Black team losing to a PAHL team I would not be too happy.  

I'd be curious as to specifics on this. No experience with playing pens black teams but curious what the details are?  Minor teams playing aa mixed teams or really PAHL teams the same age beating them?

It’s hard to tell if some of the PAHL teams are BY teams.....Vengeance won, NP PW1 tied and NP PW2 won.  Didn’t see any of the games so I don’t know outside of the score, who outplayed who.  

https://www.pittsburghpenguinselite.com/game/show/22141012

https://www.pittsburghpenguinselite.com/game/show/22772485

https://www.pittsburghpenguinselite.com/game/show/22141010

8 hours ago, fafa fohi said:

I have noticed some of the Black PPE teams have lost games to PAHL teams - some to team that are not the #1 team from the organization.  I have no skin in the game but if I were one of the parents on a Black team losing to a PAHL team I would not be too happy.  

The 07 Black did in fact tie NP PW #1 and lost to NP PW #2. Those teams are mixed.  The 07 Black also lost to the 08 Elite team. The 08 Elite actually won the 07 showcase that the 07 Black hosted last year. 

41 minutes ago, sadday4hockey said:

There's something to the other part of this. One of the daddies who spearheaded bringing them all of the 10U Minor players has been removed from the bench. That's a short marriage when you can't even make it through the first month of the season.

Why?

43 minutes ago, sadday4hockey said:

There's something to the other part of this. One of the daddies who spearheaded bringing them all of the 10U Minor players has been removed from the bench. That's a short marriage when you can't even make it through the first month of the season.

yes also heard jets coach 

3 hours ago, sadday4hockey said:

Not sure if I would agree that he "spearheaded" the bringing of kids to the PPE.  The way I see it is he was pretty involved in helping kids improve, securing extra ice and putting together travel teams, etc.  The kids he helped were either were or became some of the better kids in 07,08 and 09 classes.  And logically most of them made PPE teams.

15 hours ago, hockey07 said:

yes also heard jets coach 

The Jets head coach was supposedly just the team manager but there were 2 or 3 other daddy coaches on that team. It is very sad that someone who spent so much time and money on this would jeopardize their kids future so young. 

On 9/24/2018 at 1:49 PM, fafa fohi said:

It is developmental hockey at that age.    It will be interesting to see if after a year of more ice time and on ice training if they have improved over these teams with less practice slots and games.

12 hours ago, Questions21 said:

The Jets head coach was supposedly just the team manager but there were 2 or 3 other daddy coaches on that team. It is very sad that someone who spent so much time and money on this would jeopardize their kids future so young. 

was the child also suspended or just the Dad 

• 3 weeks later...

Not exactly AAA related. But the elite hockey players need to be working in the summer and we have a fun way of doing that so i thought i'd throw it on here. no harm, no foul. Just wanted to invite everyone to our tryouts at GPDC that will be taking place this week through the next three weeks. IT's for our all-star program that plays in local, and a few travel tournaments, over the summer months in 2019. It's a big help for ice hockey and is a nice slight change of pace in the off season and keeps the kids active. And most importantly it's fun and inexpensive. Just please feel free to come to one of the tryouts to check out what it's all about. Or feel free to give me a call 412-852-0854. I help with all of the teams. And scout for an OHL organization and have a long history of playing and coaching and i help with all the kids on their skill work. So feel free to come on by. We'd love to have you check it out! https://www.greaterpittdekhockey.com/news_article/show/955920

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

So we've put two months plus of the season behind us so the rankings are theoretically starting to find their level. With all of the hoopla about the PPE including best players, best coaching, excel academy and blah, blah, blah why aren't these teams ranked higher across the board? U18 is behind Esmark. U16 is the team built for the Golden child and Coached by the Golden Coach yet can't break the top 10. 15's have crept into top 10 so that's a plus. 14's brought in half of a new team from all over the world and are below .500. 05's just cracked the top 20. 06 Quebec Team looks solid. 07's are a mess. 08's are below another local team and 09's are meaningless. Then you look at the AA teams and whoah, what the hell are people spending all the money for? I guess just the ability to brag to their friends.