Pens Elite

Hopefully you can see how much easier that was.  It was a much better post.  There is no need to be so negative.  I don’t know if it was really your point, just taking a long way to get there, but the one thing you were correct about was that the two programs would be much stronger if players would come together.  However, your time with both organizations should have showed you by now that will never happen.  It leads to two good competitive programs, but even if the two never play each other which is a shame having good local competition, it leads to bringing more good teams in the area to play both as we have seen last weekend and this weekend coming up.  I am hoping both teams have success.

8 hours ago, corrections said:

Hopefully you can see how much easier that was.  It was a much better post.  There is no need to be so negative.  I don’t know if it was really your point, just taking a long way to get there, but the one thing you were correct about was that the two programs would be much stronger if players would come together.  However, your time with both organizations should have showed you by now that will never happen.  It leads to two good competitive programs, but even if the two never play each other which is a shame having good local competition, it leads to bringing more good teams in the area to play both as we have seen last weekend and this weekend coming up.  I am hoping both teams have success.

Agreed,  but it would be nice to see the power house that could be made with the top kids from both teams. 

17 hours ago, corrections said:

I don't think Questions21 is who you think it is...

Got a text that the meh, mess, 07 Elite team with the 08 goalie being discussed beat the number one team (not sure who the team is) in the country 3-1 this weekend. 

Someone must have told them about Aj’s professional assessment of them. Lol.

Edited by Rico

10 minutes ago, somebody’s mom said:

Hey corrector, how do you feel about people who edit tournament photos to remove the division info before posting it all over the internet?  There's this guy, let's just call him John for conversation's sake, that does that stuff all the time.

I like this mom, she sounds hot???. I wish she had a photo. 

Why would you edit a tournament photo and then post it? Most of the time the only reason to post the photo is because the team did well. 

I could go all the way up to 05's, I have horses all over. Just heard so much about these 07's and 08's. 

Good for the 07 team, it was #1 in USA. The 08's beat the #1 team in Canada this weekend too. 

2 hours ago, somebody’s mom said:

Hey corrector, how do you feel about people who edit tournament photos to remove the division info before posting it all over the internet?  There's this guy, let's just call him John for conversation's sake, that does that stuff all the time.

Lol - nothing to hide. I think you are getting off topic here though as this has been discussed several times in the past and believe there is another thread out there that discusses this already.  You can bash me all you want - I am in a position for it and it comes with the territory and I can take it.  You can also put these "misfit" kids at the higher levels down all you want as well, as I am sure they can take it as well.  But I just don't think it is necessary to put 10 year old kids down who happen to represent our region very well.  Let them have fun for a few years.  After all, we know many of the top players at 10U are not going to be the top players at 14U.  The argument was about these 10U teams being ranked as they are and "Questions21" thinking they are "meh", when they are the highest rated teams in the area and represent our region well.  But I admittedly overreacted as apparently I don't know who this is, but even if it were, I still believe we are good between each other and carry no ill will between each other.  I served the purpose and I am hopping off here.

To answer your specific question though, I am not aware of any tournament photos missing their division information as all the ones I see posted have their banners in the pictures or are clearly explained in the caption below.  If you need help figuring it out or if you send me a link, I am happy to make a "correction" so we can add any missing information...

• Like 1

On 11/16/2018 at 10:03 PM, Rico said:

The 08 “issue” is clear as day. You have one group of kids who are dedicated to hockey and you have another group of kids are are multi-sport athletes and/or don’t want all that’s involved with PPE. I don’t really think there’s “differences” between parents that are separating this group as much as differences in philosophy

I heard that this was the sales pitch.  Are the 08 Vengeance kids really playing multiple sports?  Or is it because the coach lives so far away that they can only get to the rink on Fridays and Sundays.

On 11/15/2018 at 3:50 PM, aaaahockey said:

Looking at MyHockeyRankings, it looks like the 08 elite have played a lot tougher competition, on average, than the Vengeance 08 and are only 1 removed from each other on the rankings.   I think they need to play more to sort out which is better for the season.   It does make a good point that a) they should play each other and b) just think if you combined the top half of both teams how good they might be. 

We would be the best team in the country

Just now, Moj said:

We would be the best team in the country

That being said

my son plays on the 08 vengeance and little Bridger football, travel basketball, played for north United soccer, travel baseball and is going to play lacrosse this spring. That is why we practice on Friday’s and Sunday’s.

I mean if you took the best 08’s on the same team it the best team in USA at that level. XXXXX the goalie may be the best in North America.  That being said 10 year old hockey is different Hockey when hitting is involved, I get that.

Edited by one97one00
no naming individual kids, even for compliments. Sorry.
  • Like 1

There are teams at the PPE who have deeper birth years then the 08’s, and all are playing on the same team - none of them are considered the best team in the country or near it really. Don’t get caught up looking at things on paper. 

Any way.....

Can I ask the people questioning “development” what they mean exactly? 

There’s a lot of accusations about how programs run being tossed around with little to no explanation. 

Just “Program A” doesn’t develop players... “Program A” doesn’t do this.

What are your definitions of “developing” a player? 

On 11/17/2018 at 7:30 PM, Rico said:

Got a text that the meh, mess, 07 Elite team with the 08 goalie being discussed beat the number one team (not sure who the team is) in the country 3-1 this weekend. 

Someone must have told them about Aj’s professional assessment of them. Lol.

Rico, Mr. professional evaluator that you are, why didn't you mention the the ties and the loss that occurred? Did they not actually happen? Were they a figment of someone's imagination? I don't know if they're a mess, but the word inconsistent certainly applies.