Nationals cancelled?

2 hours ago, OrrWhat said:

What’s the point ? USA hockey is not going to listen to a few hundred parents, heck probably saves them money by canceling nationals this year. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Danner27 said:

What’s the point ? USA hockey is not going to listen to a few hundred parents, heck probably saves them money by canceling nationals this year. 

It’s better than complaining on a forum.... So far almost 15,000 people have signed - just a bit more than a few hundred parents.  

The looming question is this: what effect, if any, will COV19 and the related travel and assembly advisories and bans have on organizational tryouts, many of which are scheduled in the next 6-8 weeks?

I think this is going to blow over before my kids have tryouts, but how the heck can we know? And how can we predict the effects of fear on attendance?

1 hour ago, aaaahockey said:

Someone will figure out this is the perfect chance to make money and host their own Nationals in place of the real ones.

I can think of one specifically. Keep an eye out for an 8 team 16U event in April right here in Pittsburgh. No other age groups, just 16's.

11 hours ago, sadday4hockey said:

I can think of one specifically. Keep an eye out for an 8 team 16U event in April right here in Pittsburgh. No other age groups, just 16's.

This gave me a good laugh - the sad part, it’s so damn believable. 

1 hour ago, sadday4hockey said:

If you think for one second that this hasn't been considered..................... I would rethink it.

With the pros going on hold, along with all the major junior leagues I doubt it will. As much as the emperor wants it, in the end they need to keep the nhl image out front.