2020-21 Tryouts?

Wear your masks, stop letting your 22 year old, that you’re still paying the bills for, go out and feel invincible. You’re not special, you’re family and friends aren’t special. Have the intelligence to do what you’re told, and watch the “wolf” back away from your door. 

OR

Shut your mouth and sucketh from the Wolf teet, while the Wolf ask thy question... Who be thy Daddy? 

Edited by ctil20

11 hours ago, ctil20 said:

Wear your masks, stop letting your 22 year old, that you’re still paying the bills for, go out and feel invincible. You’re not special, you’re family and friends aren’t special. Have the intelligence to do what you’re told, and watch the “wolf” back away from your door. 

It will never happen.  It's not round 2 that we need to be worried about, it's round 7.  That's going to be the "big" one everybody.  Look out for that round for sure.

There is no "backing away from the door", that ship has sailed.  This is the new normal. 

15 people jammed inside a bar will spread the virus like wildfire, (please note that 1,000 people looting a Target will not spread it though), the virus cannot be spread while committing acts of social justice. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Eddie Shore said:

It will never happen.  It's not round 2 that we need to be worried about, it's round 7.  That's going to be the "big" one everybody.  Look out for that round for sure.

There is no "backing away from the door", that ship has sailed.  This is the new normal. 

15 people jammed inside a bar will spread the virus like wildfire, (please note that 1,000 people looting a Target will not spread it though), the virus cannot be spread while committing acts of social justice. :classic_biggrin:

It’s the new temporary normal. Once there is a vaccine, face masks and restrictions will only be remembered when VH1 airs some “decade” show about the 20’s. 

And it will be a long time before this happens again. You can bet China will be handling their “lab” protocol a lot better. Unless of course you actually believe this virus originated in a wild life market...it didn’t. 

We aren’t talking about Dave’s dive in McKeesport. We are talking about south side and the various other places where your kids go to lower their IQ and overall potential. 

This virus, and the millennial/zoomer attitude have aligned a perfect storm. Coupled with a generation of parents who are “friends” with their kids. We can’t tell Jaxton what to do, he will go where he wants regardless of quarantine. Then Jaxton feels put upon in general, this cruel world robbed him of sitting on a football field for 3 hours waiting to walk up and shake the principals hand... he is going to do what he wants now. No mask needed. All the while Mark and Becky (dad and mom) sit at home and encourage this behavior by foaming at the mouth about how Tom Wolf is out to get them... and he relishes I’m shutting down the state... sits back in his office and jerks off to the conservative tears. 

Edited by ctil20

20 minutes ago, The King said:

I’m not exactly sure how this is going too far when political arguments have been encouraged on this board for some time. @ctil20 is 150% correct about the cultural reasons that this continues to be a problem. And @Danner27 is just reiterating what a few of us have been saying for a while. This will all get shut down and there’s no amount of logic or “factual information” that will change that. What I don’t understand (and never get an answer to) is why a population that willingly and blindly supports organizations that harbor pedophiles and feeds your kids to them all for business interests then feels they have the grounds to argue that a government tells them what to do. Everyone will be expected to comply with state a federal mandates. Wear a mask. If you really feel it’s unconstitutional for a business to make you wear a mask in their establishment, be brave and walk in with no clothes on. Actually send a message. You don’t impress anyone by acting like a petulant child. You look like a lazy, self absorbed fool. 

Regardless, still not sure how a message board that historically promotes political agendas and defamatory statements for years now feels it should censor political stances. But what do I know? 

Serious question for you King: Can you make ONE single post without either subtly or overtly referencing USA Hockey?

You were obviously involved with them at some point, probably on a large scale and they have done you wrong. I get it. Everyone gets it. Drop it. Our kids play hockey in the united states and USA hockey runs the show. Every organization has bad apples from churches to schools to businesses to non profits. It's all a shit show. Start a thread about USA Hockey if you want to talk about it. It's not needed in EVERY SINGLE thread on this (and other) hockey forums.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The King said:

Nah I’ll keep positing here and everywhere. In case you missed it, there is now an investigation into sexual abuse in the sled hockey program and the offenders are still involved. So this isn’t a “few bad apples”. It’s a full tree of bad apples that few low intelligence, complicit sycophants like you keep fertilizing. I don’t blame you because they’ve become experts in manipulating small brains and forcing them to choose ethics or parenting. Just promise to come here and tell your story when it happens to your kids team. 

At any rate, try to look past your obsession with me and your defending pedophiles and actually read what my post is about. Censoring. The fact that this board’s moderators suggest censoring when they post their political beliefs on a regular basis is comical. Try fighting for something instead of falling for everything. 

I'm not going to argue with you about this as I am just small brained, complicit sycophant of low intelligence. I'll just force my kid to play soccer or football where nothing bad ever happens at all in those governing organizations. I guess I should change my username to The Jester as I am but a clown.

2 hours ago, ctil20 said:

It’s the new temporary normal. Once there is a vaccine, face masks and restrictions will only be remembered when VH1 airs some “decade” show about the 20’s. 

And it will be a long time before this happens again. You can bet China will be handling their “lab” protocol a lot better. Unless of course you actually believe this virus originated in a wild life market...it didn’t. 

We aren’t talking about Dave’s dive in McKeesport. We are talking about south side and the various other places where your kids go to lower their IQ and overall potential. 

This virus, and the millennial/zoomer attitude have aligned a perfect storm. Coupled with a generation of parents who are “friends” with their kids. We can’t tell Jaxton what to do, he will go where he wants regardless of quarantine. Then Jaxton feels put upon in general, this cruel world robbed him of sitting on a football field for 3 hours waiting to walk up and shake the principals hand... he is going to do what he wants now. No mask needed. All the while Mark and Becky (dad and mom) sit at home and encourage this behavior by foaming at the mouth about how Tom Wolf is out to get them... and he relishes I’m shutting down the state... sits back in his office and jerks off to the conservative tears. 

Ok, we are going to take it back down to a civil tone. 

Serious question for you.  Do you have any kids that are in their 20's?  I do, the last time my kid or any of his friends were in a bar was St Patrick's day.  Both he and my 21 year old take this a lot more seriously than I do.  Walk around Oakland sometime.  They are wearing masks when they are walking around outside, the Oakland bars have not reopened, and the Southside is filled with 30 and 40 year olds.  Trust me, the majority of college kids are doing their part.

At least you and I will agree on one thing, this did not start with some bat in a market.

51 minutes ago, The King said:

I have kids this age and older Eddie and I couldn’t disagree with you more. The target demographic for nightclubs and bars is initiating some kind of social gathering rebellion. I tell them all the time they can’t even fight properly. But in reality it’s not an age issue. That you’re right about. It’s all age ranges. I can understand a 20 something that doesn’t have the life experience or patience required to make smart decisions but I don’t have to excuse it. 

Thanks for the input.  I guess that is it, there are people at all ages that take it serious and some that don't.  Both my kids seem to take this way too serious for my taste, but to each their own.

I wasn’t bashing anyone in particular. I actually agree, to an extent, the sentiments about Wolf. My point is, that complaining on a message board, or doing trivial things like not wearing a mask is hardly a protest. If anyone wants to get their big boy pants on and stir up a revolution, do it... until then just do what you’re told so we can get this over with. 

2 hours ago, Eddie Shore said:

Ok, we are going to take it back down to a civil tone. 

Serious question for you.  Do you have any kids that are in their 20's?  I do, the last time my kid or any of his friends were in a bar was St Patrick's day.  Both he and my 21 year old take this a lot more seriously than I do.  Walk around Oakland sometime.  They are wearing masks when they are walking around outside, the Oakland bars have not reopened, and the Southside is filled with 30 and 40 year olds.  Trust me, the majority of college kids are doing their part.

At least you and I will agree on one thing, this did not start with some bat in a market.

I mean, then your kid gets it. I appreciate  that. 

The large majority do not. That is a simple and factual truth. Half the country doesn’t believe the virus is anything more than the seasonal flu, and their parents, relatives, and president are acting as such. Now, who knows if that’s the case, but in our jurisdiction the person calling the shots views the virus as a threat to public health. And he has a lot of ground to stand on when asserting that. 

I’ll say it again... Whether you believe this virus is legitimate, or that it’s “blown out of proportion”... the fact of the matter is that the governor, who is the authority on the matter, in Pennsylvania, does believe it to be legitimate. So unless the masses find a way to usurp his decision making, we will be going round and round with this until it sinks in that when Tom Wolf says jump, you jump. Or you get to sit at home for another 3 months. 

Edited by ctil20
  • Like 1

And Southside is a demographic of 21-30... it has been since the 80’s. 40 year olds are home with their kids. The general sentiment all over the country is that young people do not care. Look at Florida and Texas, with kids packing pool party’s. Then you have the establishments that encourage it. 

I also think the NG should have halted protest before they could begin. Letting A mass of 2k people run around any given city during a pandemic is ridiculous. 

Wearing a mask is meant to be a precaution used along with 6ft of distance. It is not going to help much when you have 60 people crammed in one area of a night club. You can’t cram 200 people in a nightclub, then claim you’re doing the right thing because they have their masks on (for five minutes in line until they enter). 

Edited by ctil20

First off, people pissed, moaned and cried that their rights were being taken away. That everything needed to reopen. Couple that with federal governments inability or disinterest (more likely) to do fulfill their duty to help small businesses and people out of work over this, and everything was opened up too quickly and too nonchalantly. So here we are. The virus didn't go anywhere; its still here. As for blaming young people for 95% percent of the problem... typical. Meanwhile, every arena I've been to for lessons, tryouts, whatever- maybe 5% of the adults have a mask on. Regardless of the signs and recommendations. I see more kids wearing them. 

Last I knew, no one under 40 had any authority throughout the country to open a state to green? 

You have doctors saying "wear a mask". You have a president making fun of people for wearing a mask. 

Like that Russian Yakov Smirnoff used to say, "What a country!" 

I guess I'm just one of the jerks who thinks this whole thing is a load of garbage.  Up until 2020 every article on the spread of diseases and viruses said masks didn't work.  Go look it up if you don't believe me.  Plus take a look at some of the new packaging that is coming out, where it says right on the box, does not protect against the spread of COVID-19.

Then, we were told, "this is going to kill you"!  Now you have all these people telling me I could have it and don't even know it, and I could be infecting people without realizing it.  Then, they could get it (and not know it) and spread it to others.  So what.  To tell you the truth, I really don't care if I get it or not anymore.  I guess it's because I don't know of anyone who has gotten it, nor do I know someone who knows someone who has gotten it (please don't tell me you stories about your mother or uncle who has it and had rough time, I don't "know" any of you, and can guarantee I have never met any of you either).

Now we have to "rush" to get a vaccine, and just wait until a year or so from now, when they find out that there is some side effect to this, and every ambulance chaser in the business will have ads during Wheel of Fortune saying, "did you wear a mask during COVID-19 now have this issue"?  "Do you get a COVID-19 vaccine, now your pee is green"?  Quick call our law offices now and we'll get money for you!

Or, the next great pandemic that the oh so trustworthy news will come up with.  I think I am just going to but stock in the mask companies, Lexan barrier builders and retire.

I guess in the end we'll just agree to disagree.  I haven't been in an ice rink in close to 2 years and to tell you the truth I couldn't be happier.  I'll just stay in my house, send the wife to the store and not have to put up with any of this nonsense.  I will however respect y'alls opinions.  Hopefully, one day things will get back to normal, but I have little faith in that.

• Like 2

I personally don't believe that the masks are going to help us average citizens.  I try to avoid wearing them as much as possible.  Also with the huge amount of testing going on it's no surprise "new" cases continue to show up.

• Like 1

Yes, hockey tryouts.  Some may get run before they cancel everything again.  Don't really see the point in trying out for a season that probably won't happen.  Mark my word, there are a bunch of ACHA Teams that are looking to not field teams this fall because schools have already reached out to the and said no travel.  I imagine youth sports will be in a similar situation. 

My High School had a 1 day tryout.  They are now making sure they get everyone's money,  ( I mean commitment) .  There is zero plan in place if School sports are shut down.  They are setting up payment plans, etc.  no refund or contingency plan in place.   

Also business as usual at 2 different amateur tryouts.    Sign this waiver here so you can't sue us for COVID, but nothing in the paperwork about what happens to commitment fee or paid tuition if there isn't a season.  Congrats you made the team, click here and set up your auto pay for the season.

I realize most Amateur orgs are Non-profit, but each pays their rink differently, if a rink goes belly up or doesn't re-open, it may be out of their hands and you get in line with all other debtors in a bankruptcy.

My kids went to tryouts for one school program and three different amateur programs between them. Nothing at all out of the ordinary compared to previous years, except that they were limiting the number of kids on the ice at once at two of the three amateur tryouts, and the lateness of the tryout dates.