• Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

37 minutes ago, Jack Handey said:

yes, and more allegations and more hearsay.  And still zero evidence.  

So I’m curious but is there any more conclusive evidence to corruption than the continued employment of an admitted racist at the national level? I mean national articles have been written about it. Also, have you or anyone else ever attempted to get a list of disciplinary actions form the national office or governing body? I mean, with all the focus being on the safety of kids shouldn’t they be keeping accessible logs detailing the findings of investigations and action taken? Hmmm. Wonder why they don’t? Come on man. Are you seriously going to act like a monitor hasn’t been expended here? Or at least a friend of the leadership? Keep trying brother. Again, prove me wrong. You don’t have the tools. 

24 minutes ago, sadday4hockey said:

Train off the track.jpg

Derailed is correct with your conductor @Jack Handey. Don’t blame me. I answered the OP with my thoughts. I had to put another admirer to bed. 

2 hours ago, The King said:

I had to put another admirer to bed. 

Yes, it was a controversial, unsavory decision on that hiring.  That same organization has obviously heard the outcry, and strengthened its stance on the issue of discrimination.  It increased the severity in disciplinary measures for expressed prejudice.  It formed a new outreach program led by a national director of diversity and inclusion.  Let's really own our stance though.  Well before SafeSport and well before that hiring, and for as long as I can remember, race and gender have been hot topic at every national meeting, every district meeting, and even occasionally at our local meetings.  Even as recent as January - the local league executive director outlined a need for a diversity & inclusion committee to assess and act in our market.  Numerous match penalties were handed out this season under the new ruling mentioned above.  So yeah, one high profile wart vs thousands of people governed and positively guided by national membership policy.  But let's burn it all down per the King.

And regarding your disciplinary report, it's probably a good thing that you didn't get it.  There are summarized discipline reports handed out all the time at district and local level meetings.  Why didn't you just work through your local member association to obtain?  Was the answer going to be a definitive go-pound-salt?  And who the heck asks for this kind of stuff anyway?  It seems you've got some more ax to grind, in which case I have to applaud the governing body's position.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jack Handey said:

Yes, it was a controversial, unsavory decision on that hiring.  That same organization has obviously heard the outcry, and strengthened its stance on the issue of discrimination.  It increased the severity in disciplinary measures for expressed prejudice.  It formed a new outreach program led by a national director of diversity and inclusion.  Let's really own our stance though.  Well before SafeSport and well before that hiring, and for as long as I can remember, race and gender have been hot topic at every national meeting, every district meeting, and even occasionally at our local meetings.  Even as recent as January - the local league executive director outlined a need for a diversity & inclusion committee to assess and act in our market.  Numerous match penalties were handed out this season under the new ruling mentioned above.  So yeah, one high profile wart vs thousands of people governed and positively guided by national membership policy.  But let's burn it all down per the King.

And regarding your disciplinary report, it's probably a good thing that you didn't get it.  There are summarized discipline reports handed out all the time at district and local level meetings.  Why didn't you just work through your local member association to obtain?  Was the answer going to be a definitive go-pound-salt?  And who the heck asks for this kind of stuff anyway?  It seems you've got some more ax to grind, in which case I have to applaud the governing body's position.

Beautiful speech. Almost like you’re on the payroll! Anyway, having the executive committee talk about inclusion then hand out arbitrary punishments to make a cosmetic correction to its image is hardly a sign that they are a leader in a liberal agenda. They just did what the new culture wants, apologize and beg for mercy. They make you feel good then while you’re in a apologetic embrace, they take your wallet. As far as a disciplinary report, that’s just false. They may hand out player or coach reports but the reason they don’t make a complete report available is because they don’t keep records. These affiliates have violated constitutional rights on so many levels and they can’t afford to keep records. They also routinely protect their friends and those that make them money (anyone remember what Illinois covered up?). Remember what I said, not all income is detailed in the budget. When someone with money has an axe to grind or something to hide, how hard is it to grease some palms? Once someone takes one of these incidents to court or makes it public, what happens? Somebody gets paid. That’s all. Keep applauding your affiliate (which I’m sure you’re a part of). Hopefully more people start to question their business practices. 

It's clear that it's personal with you.  Whatever USA Hockey did to you... it's personal. 

You've said your peace over and over on this forum. 

We get it. 

Now, on behalf of the people who just want to read and talk about local hockey, we'd all wish you'd put it to rest. 

It's a tired message.

Focus on the positive. 

Focus on local.

Please.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Jack Handey said:

It's clear that it's personal with you.  Whatever USA Hockey did to you... it's personal. 

We get it. 

Now, on behalf of the people who just want to read and talk about local hockey, we'd all wish you'd put it to rest. 

It's a tired message.

Focus on the positive. 

Focus on local.

Please.

Again, nice attempt at a dramatic soapbox moment but let’s not forget, you felt the need to jump on my response to the OP in giving my opinion which, like it or not, usually proves to be correct. I don’t see a whole groundswell of support from your alleged followers that want to “read and talk about local hockey”. There’s been more responses agreeing with my comments. Also, what positive were you focusing on except to backpedal when I flushed you out as a MidAm supporter? You seemed pretty negative when you thought you “got me”. And I don’t think you “get it” at all. But I do have hope that the majority is beginning to get it. I hope this doesn’t hurt your status within MidAm. I’d hate to see that cash flow stop for you. By the way, weren’t you followers of mine supposed to stop feeding the animals?

Edited by The King
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Jack Handey said:

We get it. 

It's a tired message.

Focus on the positive. 

Focus on local.

Please.

Completely agree Jack. Now it’s time to stop feeding this troll. He is obviously a poser who supposedly has no kid playing but is just so interested in the betterment of hockey. Please - we all know better. He or his kid must have been suspended and now he’s on a mission. Trying to build his army of resistance through a message board is sad. Those who cry corruption are often the most corrupt of all. 

Looking forward to getting back to relevant conversations. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ynot02 said:

Completely agree Jack. Now it’s time to stop feeding this troll. He is obviously a poser who supposedly has no kid playing but is just so interested in the betterment of hockey. Please - we all know better. He or his kid must have been suspended and now he’s on a mission. Trying to build his army of resistance through a message board is sad. Those who cry corruption are often the most corrupt of all. 

Looking forward to getting back to relevant conversations. 

Says the guy who has carried out agendas against the PIHL and AAA teams. Looks like @Jack Handey used his Phone a Friend lifeline! Predictable and sad

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 10:11 AM, Paul Baxter said:

Ok, lets open the dialogue about what's going to happen with the forthcoming tryout season in regards to the Corona Virus and closings everywhere.

I could be wrong, but this might be a very odd spring/summer if tryouts get delayed indefinitely.

With the bulk of teams normally doing tryouts in April, this will get quite interesting if the rinks are closed for a while...

(on the other hand, if the rinks are closed, that would be a perfect time for many rinks to melt their YEARS OLD ice and redo their ice surface)...

Getting the train back on track.  I predict rinks will be closed until mid-July.  That will get teams scrambling.  However, you cab bet that there are tons of teams that are already making backdoor deals with players right now, and tryouts if they happen will be just for show.  Too bad for kids that move to new areas or are trying to change teams, they are out in the cold.  I will agree with some here, not sure what authority USA Hockey has to tell teams what they can or can't do, just like I am not sure what the Governor just did was legal either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eddie Shore said:

... just like I am not sure what the Governor just did was legal either.

I agree with the above sentence... 

On 3/19/2020 at 3:14 PM, The King said:

Well as far as myself I’ve fought my battles. Your district has many to go from what I hear. I know exactly what the rights of the members are and I appreciate you getting it out there for folks to see. I would encourage as many as possible to start questioning the leadership in district. From what I hear, WPA has been oppressed by the district and many that have attempted to run for positions have been blackballed. 
As far as the budget, not all benefits are included in a budget. Financial or otherwise. 

Man that goes all the way down to pihl, President owns a rink that he sells ice time to the league he was president of, then he steps down to vp (still a paid position) and I haven’t followed it since then, guessing that was 2-3 years ago. 

Just an FYI, looks like New York, DC and some other areas have canceled all youth hockey tryouts.  Additionally stated if any team signs a player during this time they will be automatically disqualified to compete in Nationals.  Can they do this?

Please see the announcement from PVAHA regarding tryouts for the 2020-2021 season:

PVAHA Announcement Regarding 2020–2021 Tryouts
March 23, 2020

PVAHA is postponing all 2020–2021 team tryouts until further notice. This restriction applies to all Tier I, Tier II and Travel team tryouts that were scheduled to be held within Maryland, Virginia or the District of Columbia starting on or after April 8, 2020 for Tier I and April 25, 2020 for Tier II/Travel.

As everyone should be aware all ice rinks within PVAHA are currently closed based on state or local restrictions. The PVAHA board of directors will continue to monitor Federal and State restrictions and recommendations and reschedule 2020–2021 tryouts as soon as possible.

Until new 2020–2021 Season tryout dates are announced by PVAHA, and started for each level of play (Tier I, Tier II and Travel), no association or teams shall have any player or parent execute any player agreement or contract for the 2020–2021 season.

If any PVAHA association holds team tryouts for 2020–2021 teams or requests player contracts or agreements for the 2020–2021 season before PVAHA authorized tryouts start, that Association and all association teams will be sanctioned through PVAHA discipline proceedings. Sanctions will result in all association teams being ineligible for National Championship, District Championship and Affiliate State Playoffs. If PVAHA determines that an association violated PVAHA 2020–2021 tryout restrictions, all players with that association will be released from that association by PVAHA without any financial obligation and (subject to roster deadlines) be free to join other eligible teams.

So, this delay brings up an interesting question for me.  If kids are not allowed on the ice for camps or to play spring hockey, and all kids will have to tryout "cold".  Will this have an affect on who get chosen?  I know when my kid was playing, he needed a week or two at "game speed" to get back in the groove of things, which is why I always thought that tryouts in early spring benefitted him.  If they have some sort of abbreviated tryouts in August after being off the ice for 5 months, I think he would look worse than normal.

Thoughts?

6 minutes ago, Eddie Shore said:

So, this delay brings up an interesting question for me.  If kids are not allowed on the ice for camps or to play spring hockey, and all kids will have to tryout "cold".  Will this have an affect on who get chosen?  I know when my kid was playing, he needed a week or two at "game speed" to get back in the groove of things, which is why I always thought that tryouts in early spring benefitted him.  If they have some sort of abbreviated tryouts in August after being off the ice for 5 months, I think he would look worse than normal.

Thoughts?

I had the same thought, however, since every kid would be in the same boat, it should even out. What I think will make a bigger difference is that you will see which kids have used this time to work out and try to stay in shape vs. those that sat around playing video games the entire time.

Both good points.  I know I have seen some kids take a few months off and hit the ice and look like they haven't missed a step.  Others look like they have never been on skates before.  Chinstrap brings up a good point.  You have a Pens and friends kid who spends the entire time doing nothing and looks horrible and some outsider comes in and blows his doors off.  In the end, the insider will still make the team, it will just make the shenanigan's that go on every year even more apparent. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Eddie Shore said:

Both good points.  I know I have seen some kids take a few months off and hit the ice and look like they haven't missed a step.  Others look like they have never been on skates before.  Chinstrap brings up a good point.  You have a Pens and friends kid who spends the entire time doing nothing and looks horrible and some outsider comes in and blows his doors off.  In the end, the insider will still make the team, it will just make the shenanigan's that go on every year even more apparent. 

Eddie, nobody is a fan of the Pens here but it’s not just them. The practice of pre forming teams isn’t even restricted to AAA. I would say 99% of teams at all levels in all areas have the core of their roster chosen way before they even announce tryouts. It’s a pre-requisite now.  That’s how some determine whether they will have teams or not. But the fact that teams who’s tryouts are highly attended do this is more irresponsible and incompetent than corrupt. They’re using it as a fund raiser sure. But they’re also dumb to pass over a good player to take a friend. I would say the Tier 2 teams that do it are as dumb as you can be. Plus that’s where the competitiveness comes in. Not in playing the game. But if AA team 1 takes players from AA team 2, coaches and parents are pushing that as the competition. And that’s not true competition. That’s just jealousy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wonder how the 04 ‘s will move next year after how much of a trainreck the rankings were for pittsburgh tier 1 teams 

18 hours ago, The King said:

Eddie, nobody is a fan of the Pens here but it’s not just them. The practice of pre forming teams isn’t even restricted to AAA. I would say 99% of teams at all levels in all areas have the core of their roster chosen way before they even announce tryouts. It’s a pre-requisite now.  That’s how some determine whether they will have teams or not. But the fact that teams who’s tryouts are highly attended do this is more irresponsible and incompetent than corrupt. They’re using it as a fund raiser sure. But they’re also dumb to pass over a good player to take a friend. I would say the Tier 2 teams that do it are as dumb as you can be. Plus that’s where the competitiveness comes in. Not in playing the game. But if AA team 1 takes players from AA team 2, coaches and parents are pushing that as the competition. And that’s not true competition. That’s just jealousy. 

Agree with your assessment.  My original post was a bit narrow-focused to say the least.  This is not just a PPE issue, or a AAA issue or a Pittsburgh issue, or probably even just a hockey issue.  I am sure this will run rampant across all sports in all regions.  Good point.

USA Hockey Strongly Recommends that there is no Tryouts Spring or Summer.

i don’t see Try - Outs until August September.

With the 2nd and 3rd waves coming do you think there will be Hockey next year?

If a Rink gets this Virus in their place and kids and Teams come down with it. 

For God sake if a kid dies with that a Lawsuit having the rink open doing this pandemic I don’t see Hockey next year.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, PeterThePuck said:

i don’t see Try - Outs until August September.

With the 2nd and 3rd waves coming do you think there will be Hockey next year?

If a Rink gets this Virus in their place and kids and Teams come down with it. 

For God sake if a kid dies with that a Lawsuit having the rink open doing this pandemic I don’t see Hockey next year.

I agree with @PeterThePuck on his last two sentences here - this is why I do think that organizations will follow USA Hockey recommendations.

At any rate, now that they've made recommendations, I guess we will see who is right about this issue eventually.

I wouldn’t expected to see tryouts start until the county is back to operational. Even then it’s all about the virus. Will there be a 2nd, 3rd wave ? Personally I think this is the second wave already. This was the worst flu & cold season I’ve seen circulate in hockey this year. I’m guessing late July could be the earliest tryouts begin, I would not be surprised if it was September or next season possibly played as a half season. 

2 hours ago, PeterThePuck said:

Where did you see this? Their website has their last update being made on 3/20.

From their 3/20/2020 update:

In addition, USA Hockey strongly recommends the cancellation of all affiliate tryouts, district tryouts, district/multi-district development camps for all birth years for the spring and summer of 2020.