Online Off-ice Training Options?

19 hours ago, dazedandconfused said:

Maybe he should have been doing those during his playing days? For his own development. #drillkillerhimself

Well, however he may have practiced as a player, his on-ice sessions are pretty good.

I haven't watched his off-ice videos, though. I'd guess they are pretty good.

• Like 1

I've heard both sides. You say they're good, others say he's just out there herding cattle and collecting money. I know this much, he caused the Beaver organization a lot of headaches by booking clinics and then sending other people to run them because he was off collecting money from another organization at another rink. I don't think there is a whole lot of morality shown by him. Not that the same can't be said about many others doing the same thing.

• Confused 1

Yeah, I don't care for his tact.  My mite did a couple 1 on 1 sessions with him and said he would follow up with us to let us know which group sessions would work for him.  Never called us back, even after a couple follow ups by myself.  A little courtesy callback would have been great here, even if he didn't have room for my son.  

That's why I'm a fan of Clif Loya.  

19 hours ago, dazedandconfused said:

I've heard both sides. You say they're good, others say he's just out there herding cattle and collecting money. I know this much, he caused the Beaver organization a lot of headaches by booking clinics and then sending other people to run them because he was off collecting money from another organization at another rink. I don't think there is a whole lot of morality shown by him. Not that the same can't be said about many others doing the same thing.

I'm sorry to hear that. I can only speak for the ones my kid went to, which he was personally there for, and the mandatory coaches checking clinic I went to when I started coaching bantams a few years back, which he ran personally, and which was better than what I expected. I thought those were good sessions. I'd be disappointed, too, if I had those experiences.

I'm nearer to where he is, though. Might be that he's more likely to come out himself down this way.

I've had a good experience with TK at Mt Lebo.   We have used him for group mites red and will continue to use him for Squirts.   Haven't done privates.    Seemed to be the best option for extra skills work South of Pittsburgh for us.    My eight year old also enjoys the experience.   I like that the drills are pretty varied.   We are in Canonsburg.   

If anyone has a better option in that area, we'll definitely check it out once things get back to normal.    Right now, my son isn't really interested in doing off-ice stuff so far...  I've tried...  he much more interested in just going outside and shooting on the net and playing catch.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2020 at 3:29 PM, dazedandconfused said:

Maybe he should have been doing those during his playing days? For his own development. #drillkillerhimself

Hey, this is off-topic, I know, but  they played game 4 of the 2009 Stanley Cup series against Detroit on SportsNet the other day, and TK looked pretty good in that series. Anyone remember the goal he had in the second of game 4 from Kunitz and Crosby? Lord almighty. I'd forgotten about that play.