Spring and summer teams

Refunds?? Yeah, right. They'll hold that money as long as possible. Some tournaments have been cancelled, some postponed to later dates. The city of Toronto has banned public events through the end of June and yet some of these companies are still saying their event in May is still on. Just another chapter in this mess.

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 9:33 AM, sadday4hockey said:

Refunds?? Yeah, right. They'll hold that money as long as possible. Some tournaments have been cancelled, some postponed to later dates. The city of Toronto has banned public events through the end of June and yet some of these companies are still saying their event in May is still on. Just another chapter in this mess.

Agree.  Who are you going to be able to call or email?  You think they will return your messages?  Nope, the teams, the rinks and the tournaments are all closed right now.  I wouldn't even know where to start to request a refund.  The best you can do is send an email, and you know that will go unanswered.

1 hour ago, Eddie Shore said:

Agree.  Who are you going to be able to call or email?  You think they will return your messages?  Nope, the teams, the rinks and the tournaments are all closed right now.  I wouldn't even know where to start to request a refund.  The best you can do is send an email, and you know that will go unanswered.

I have actually received refunds from PPE and the Connecticut Chiefs for canceled/postponed tryouts.

• 3 weeks later...

Surprised you got a refund. Good for you and good for the team refunding you.  My son’s teammate signed up for spring team with National Elite and now he is probably going to get stuck with a $700 “credit” for virtual lessons on stick handling and plyometrics at $30 a pop. Talk about a rip off.  

It is a good thing we decided to take the summer off before this or we’d be out $$$ for NE too. 

This entire season next yeah will probably be cancelled. I can’t imagine rinks opening up and when they do, I can’t see them selling ice to these outside guys trying to run their own trainings. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Pghbus36 said:

Surprised you got a refund. Good for you and good for the team refunding you.  My son’s teammate signed up for spring team with National Elite and now he is probably going to get stuck with a $700 “credit” for virtual lessons on stick handling and plyometrics at $30 a pop. Talk about a rip off.  

It is a good thing we decided to take the summer off before this or we’d be out $$$ for NE too. 

This entire season next yeah will probably be cancelled. I can’t imagine rinks opening up and when they do, I can’t see them selling ice to these outside guys trying to run their own trainings. 

I think he could, at a minimum, get credit for actual ice lessons when things open back up. I think this post is probably a bit unfair based on what I know of the National Elite guys. 

• 3 weeks later...

From what I’m hearing, nearly all camps are providing full refunds if they are canceling for this year, or are rescheduling the camp but still offering the option of a full refund. Those signed up for Spring/Summer teams aren’t as lucky and are only being offered credit towards future lessons or next year’s teams. Is this what others are hearing? Considering the cost, the Spring/Summer programs are sitting on a TON of other people’s money right now.

On 5/23/2020 at 9:07 AM, IronCityHockey said:

For those that have requested refunds we have been sending them out. However, they are few. Most folks still have hopes of playing. Unlike others, we scheduled our tournaments for later into summer. Not sure what other companies are doing?

Sounds like you guys are doing the right thing. Kudos!

Spring league already started at Harmarville?

Seriously more teams should be looking to have practice/some sort of something over there if that is going to be the only rink open.

I beleive there will be hockey- We live in WPA and they are not planning on canceling the football season...

1 minute ago, HSFBLJ said:

Spring league already started at Harmarville?

Seriously more teams should be looking to have practice/some sort of something over there if that is going to be the only rink open.

I beleive there will be hockey- We live in WPA and they are not planning on canceling the football season...

I've heard a number of people who are more or less respected in the hockey community around here express doubt about whether there will be a season at all this year. I, on the other hand, agree 100% with the logic here.