Beaver arena to be used as morgue

So, why are they doing this?  Because they are saying their morgue could fill up of COVID deaths?  The Johns-Hopkins website (updated today at 7:38am) lists Beaver County as having a total of 14 Corona related deaths, and I am sure most of those have been processed by now.  Heck Allegheny only has had a total of 38 deaths.  I don't mean to sound harsh, I know that no deaths is ideal, but do they think they are really going to spike that high? 

Beaver has had a total of 168 total cases, with 14 deaths and there is no data on recoveries yet.  Is it me, or is the math not adding up here? 

One nursing home is wrecked with the virus but even in the worst case scenario there still is enough resources available to handle it. Especially if family members keep claiming the bodies. There are burials just no funeral masses. And if they are overwhelmed they can utilize a freezer truck until the rink is prepped because it would only take a couple of days. Complete waste of financial resources.

All I am saying is do they need it now? Rinks have trouble turning a profit during high usage times. To run the coolers for days or weeks with zero dollars coming in has to be a complete waste of money. Especially if they can get the conditions they need in a matter of days. 

7 minutes ago, Denis Lemiuex said:

All I am saying is do they need it now? Rinks have trouble turning a profit during high usage times. To run the coolers for days or weeks with zero dollars coming in has to be a complete waste of money. Especially if they can get the conditions they need in a matter of days. 

Exactly my point.  If they are being forced to keep the ice up, they should be charging the county the full bill for the ice time ($350/hr ish?)

Then again, all the county will do is pass along this cost to the taxpayers anyway.  In the end, we lose again.

3 hours ago, Denis Lemiuex said:

Eddie. You are one of the good guys here so I hope you don't think I am argumentative. One thing I don't know is did they take the ice down before this? I think it is the temperature of the building not the ice is needed.

No offense at all my friend.  A valid point, I guess I am just one of the ones who thinks the media likes to hype everything up and get everyone in a panic.  PA has had way less cases of COVID than the flu.  More deaths from COVID, I'll give them that, I am just fed up with the media and it's bias towards doom and gloom.  And by media I mean all media the left and the right

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lifelongbender said:

Any chance there's an element of being ready to house the bodies from other localities as well? That rink has the virtue of being a little out of the way. One could imagine that scenario.

Ok, so 14 dead in Beaver and 38 in Allegheny.  I could pull the rest of the numbers for within 200 miles and I doubt it would break 100, or if it did not by much.  Not buying it

Edited by Eddie Shore
  • Like 2

That rink is run by Beaver County Recreation Department and is not a private business.  Over the years, they've used as a Red Cross Emergency location.  The last time I'm aware of it being used was during a blizzard while there was a hockey tournament being played there and there was arena staff that got snowed in.  I would interpret it as they are simply putting the plan in place and being prepared for a worse case situation where the county does become overloaded.  

Ok, so one week ago there were 14 deaths in Beaver and 38 in Allegheny YTD.  In 1 week Beaver has had an additional 33 deaths bringing their total to 47 and Allegheny has had an 36 deaths bringing it's total to 74.  What gives?  It seems strange to me that we would have such a spike in 1 week.  I mean triple Beavers YTD total in 1 week?

Well, I did a little digging.  First from the CDC website, anyone who dies and displays symptoms of COVID-19 will be coded as a COVID death even if they have not been tested, or have been tested but shown to be negative.  Could this be true?  So, I had my wife reach out to her niece who is a Respiratory Therapist.  Yep, it's true.  She just had a patient come in and had a stroke but had also complained of being short of breath, they coded him as a COVID-19 related death.  I then called my 86 year old dad who has fibrosis and was given 2 years to live (4 years ago), and uses oxygen 24-hours a day.  He stated when he went to his Doctor two weeks ago he was told that if he dies (no matter what the cause), they will code him as COVID related because he coughs all the time and has trouble breathing!

Just a little "inside" info I have gathered from people who really are in the know.  Feel free to dispute if you like.  I would really like to believe this isn't true, but I am having a hard time right now.

Michigan’s Covid numbers are horrible - especially in Detroit and the surrounding suburbs, where the majority of the Youth hockey (AAA on down) is played. 
Social distancing appears to be working - try not to rush it or the next round will be worse. Who knows when hockey will return to that area. And no need for the ammosexuals to flaunt their guns. Geez

15 hours ago, Django said:

Social distancing appears to be working - try not to rush it or the next round will be worse. Who knows when hockey will return to that area. 

Is it?  How can you be sure?  Based off of the data?  Well, since it appears that the measurement system itself is flawed, it would be hard for me to agree with your conclusion.  For years people have been getting sick, going to the Doctor and being told, "well, you don't have the flu, you just have a virus".  What was this virus?  I lost all hope for transparency when I found out about the things I mentioned in my other post, plus the fact that tigers in NY have now tested positive for it?  Come on.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/animals/2020/04/tiger-coronavirus-covid19-positive-test-bronx-zoo/

15 hours ago, Racchi’s Rug said:

That’s a shame about the Michigan hockey thing that was stated- the governor not allowing it. There are some really good and storied programs in Michigan like Little Caesars, Fox Motors, and Honeybaked.

I wouldn't worry about the kids though.  The parents will just find jobs in other states and move there.  It's not like Detroit or other cities in Michigan have a problem with people leaving the state in droves.  Oh, wait...……………...

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 8:25 AM, Eddie Shore said:

Ok, so one week ago there were 14 deaths in Beaver and 38 in Allegheny YTD.  In 1 week Beaver has had an additional 33 deaths bringing their total to 47 and Allegheny has had an 36 deaths bringing it's total to 74.  What gives?  It seems strange to me that we would have such a spike in 1 week.  I mean triple Beavers YTD total in 1 week?

Well, I did a little digging.  First from the CDC website, anyone who dies and displays symptoms of COVID-19 will be coded as a COVID death even if they have not been tested, or have been tested but shown to be negative.  Could this be true?  So, I had my wife reach out to her niece who is a Respiratory Therapist.  Yep, it's true.  She just had a patient come in and had a stroke but had also complained of being short of breath, they coded him as a COVID-19 related death.  I then called my 86 year old dad who has fibrosis and was given 2 years to live (4 years ago), and uses oxygen 24-hours a day.  He stated when he went to his Doctor two weeks ago he was told that if he dies (no matter what the cause), they will code him as COVID related because he coughs all the time and has trouble breathing!

Just a little "inside" info I have gathered from people who really are in the know.  Feel free to dispute if you like.  I would really like to believe this isn't true, but I am having a hard time right now.

Ok, so I check the numbers every week, and there was something else strange.  Allegheny only went up by 3 and Beaver actually went down by 1?  That doesn't seem right.  Then I found this.

https://www.inquirer.com/health/coronavirus/spl/pennsylvania-death-count-changes-confusion-coroanvirus-20200423.html

It looks like they got caught faking the numbers...…..