Hockeytime

13 minutes ago, PeterThePuck said:

Heard they filed for Bankruptcy no Tournaments also hearing no Hockey in Michigan next fall and Winter.

That crazy Governor canceling everything.

Isn't HockeyTime based in OH?  The number of tournaments outside of MI is quite extensive - PA, NY, IN and OH so I don't know if I would pin them declaring bankruptcy solely on MI.

https://www.itshockeytime.com/tournaments.asp

4 hours ago, PeterThePuck said:

People in MI and OHIO.

Also I know of teams who signed up for March Pittsburgh Tournaments can’t get their money back when everything shut down and The Bank told them they are in Bankruptcy.

In your initial comment you alluded to HockeyTime declaring bankruptcy due to "That crazy Governor canceling everything."  You must be aware of ice rinks in PA or other states that are not only open, but are actually hosting tournaments.

That's clearly not the case, so which is it.........

Edited by fafa fohi

46 minutes ago, The King said:

I think he might of been making a bad joke about the MI governor which is why I initially ignored the post. The reason I chose to ignore it is I understand the difference between a bad attempt at humor and BS. Did they not have courses that taught context at the CA community college you brag about? Anyway, if you are surprised at all that a company that is solely in the business of buying ice time then using this ice to schedule tournaments would go bankrupt due to the collapse of one of its busiest times of year, you’re not that bright to begin with. All of these tournament companies in all amateur sports are better off dead in my opinion. Every states AG should have the tournament companies names rubber stamped for the price gouging and manipulation of the market they have gotten so good at.

It seems the "bright bulb" in that dome of yours isn't working, kid.  I held him to task for what he said, not what you think he was trying to say.  There is a difference, and if it was his attempt to be funny it was a lame attempt at that.  The bigger problem is you are not as smart as you think you are.  Or maybe you are part of the sarcasm police........either way you are a clown.

And it is about as lame as your babbling statement which seems to be the norm.  At least your BF Danner appreciated your post which I am sure gave you a nice warm fuzzy feeling inside.

Edited by fafa fohi

I don’t know, I’m just guessing that we won’t see any permanent rink closures right now. Rinks were mostly able to fulfill their obligations for ice time sold to organizations for the 19-20 year (short of try outs). Sure they’re missing out on revenue now, but the big money was made. 

What is concerning is what the fall/winter has in store. If this happens again, in this fashion, I think it would be disastrous for rinks everywhere.  

Edited by ctil20

4 hours ago, The King said:

You didn’t hold anything except, never mind that’s too easy. At any rate, consider this another thread ruined by @fafa fohi or as I’d like to rename him, Captain Inadequacy, and his feeble attempts at feeling superior or even on the level  to men. 

Don’t bring the cute little nick name your wife uses for you into this thread - it’s embarrassing, inappropriate and should remain private between the two of you. 

I think a good point is, rinks that don't solely rely on sports to make their money or are publicly owned (Bethel YMCA, Lebo, Morgantown, Beaver) may decide not to bring ice back until a vaccine is ready. I've heard rumors the Y doesn't even want the ice so this is as good an excuse as any to get rid of it. 

They don't want the ice and from all indications this will be the last year coming up because the contracts run out.

Maybe Southpointe will float a 2nd sheet. Otherwise, there is going to be an even bigger shortage in that area come 21-22 and beyond.

There have been rumors of Alpha floating a 3rd sheet and there are always those dreams of the Hunt Armory. One would have to think that this mess has all but killed that idea though.

2 hours ago, sadday4hockey said:

Maybe Southpointe will float a 2nd sheet. Otherwise, there is going to be an even bigger shortage in that area come 21-22 and beyond.

I don't see that happening, considering their slogan is "We are more than just ice!". 

Someone needs to buy that land next to Top Golf in Bridgeville right off 79 and put a 2-3 sheet arena there. 

The financial status and impact of COVID on the rink owners may vary depending on whether they qualified, applied and received an SBA loan.  Companies must have less than 500 employees to qualify, however many small businesses were left out in the cold once the first SBA loan package ran out of funds.  The second wave was approved and I know of three companies that received notification this week that they were approved with funds to follow.  

Companies that qualify and receive the loan ( it is forgivable and does not need to be paid back ) must use 75% towards employee salaries for those that got laid off, furloughed or those that took a reduction in pay without filing for partial or full unemployment benefits.  The remaining 25% goes towards company operating expenses.  

I would be curious to know if any local rinks applied and those that received loans. 

8 hours ago, fafa fohi said:

The financial status and impact of COVID on the rink owners may vary depending on whether they qualified, applied and received an SBA loan.  Companies must have less than 500 employees to qualify, however many small businesses were left out in the cold once the first SBA loan package ran out of funds.  The second wave was approved and I know of three companies that received notification this week that they were approved with funds to follow.  

Companies that qualify and receive the loan ( it is forgivable and does not need to be paid back ) must use 75% towards employee salaries for those that got laid off, furloughed or those that took a reduction in pay without filing for partial or full unemployment benefits.  The remaining 25% goes towards company operating expenses.  

I would be curious to know if any local rinks applied and those that received loans. 

In my position, for My company (72 employees) I had to deal directly with the bank giving the loan via the federal government. I can tell you this, There is no private owned rink that will open the books for this program. Firstly, we had to retain a second lawyer for our company just to understand everything properly. Make one mistake and you are paying the money back. Our payroll has to stay the same or be higher. That extra 25% you are talking about it not completely true. It is for operating costs only - the average operating costs for 2019 divided by 12. It can’t exceed 25% of the loan. We had 3 employees furloughed, we had to bring them back immediately (before the money came in) so numbers will match. Don’t get me wrong it’s a great program. No way in hell do I see any private rink owners opening the books. Every penny has to be accounted for and has to match when this is all over. Just look at some of the people that own these rinks, half of it is a cash business and not the owners only businesses. 

10 hours ago, The King said:

Thanks for regurgitating what you read online or on social media. But as anyone with any experience in the hockey world will tell you, rink owners very rarely run their businesses correctly. With what I remember about 3 rinks specifically, they wouldn’t subject their accounting practices to the audits these loans could bring on. Now, combine that with the 4 community run rinks mentioned above, that narrows the field substantially for potential rinks that would take advantage of the COVID bailouts being provided to businesses. To be honest, most anyone reading this board knew the answer to this but thanks for participating. Anyway, why are you promoting the conservative governments initiatives? Aren’t you a devout liberal?

First off, my politics don’t really have nothing to do with this so that’s pure gaslighting on your part.  Two, I made a reasonable mention of a government program on this hockey thread and your condescending ass responds accordingly.  And have you noticed the author of this thread has not confirmed your notion that in his initial comment he was being sarcastic, he seems the beginning of your attack on me?   Hmm, interesting and kinda creepy that you stalk me the way you do.  

Frankly, I don’t give a f&$k what you think.  You patronize everyone here that you feel is beneath you and act as if you know everything about someone’s business, someone’s family , their kids and skill level, what their motivation was for leaving a program while always leading with the “your kid got cut and your pissed off” take.  That is your MO because you base your enticement argument on assumptions and the fact is you don’t know dick about it. 

Your assumption that I regurgitated what I read on SM or what I read online about the CARES Act is wrong again - what I wrote about the SBA program is fact - two friends of mine in the same industry that I’m in are experiencing severe hardship from the shutdown and bot  applied for the same loans.  One was approved and the one that was denied was because most of his workers are IC’s - IC’s have to file for a PPP loan on their own which prevents them from double dipping so his company opted for a low interest loan instead.  Before COVID, IC’s we’re not eligible to receive unemployment benefits until now when it was added to the bill.   But how would you know about the experiences of those near me?  You couldn’t, so you come here, get puffy and try to impress everyone here on your vast knowledge when it’s clear you are clueless.  So is this the point where you call me a liar?  Probably so, guys like you are very predictable.

You are that guy that stands in front of the mirror, flexes and marvels at himself and feels it’s his mission in life to enlighten others.  All the while your wife calls you by that cute little nickname  you mentioned before - “Captain Inadequacy.”  Again, you should keep those cute pet names you have for each other private, but then it gets me thinking - how in the hell can she or anyone else stand you?

My advice, kid is to take a lesson on how to respond from your friend @Danner27 above.  Reasonable, well thought out responses can come without being a condescending asswipe.  

4 hours ago, Danner27 said:

In my position, for My company (72 employees) I had to deal directly with the bank giving the loan via the federal government. I can tell you this, There is no private owned rink that will open the books for this program. Firstly, we had to retain a second lawyer for our company just to understand everything properly. Make one mistake and you are paying the money back. Our payroll has to stay the same or be higher. That extra 25% you are talking about it not completely true. It is for operating costs only - the average operating costs for 2019 divided by 12. It can’t exceed 25% of the loan. We had 3 employees furloughed, we had to bring them back immediately (before the money came in) so numbers will match. Don’t get me wrong it’s a great program. No way in hell do I see any private rink owners opening the books. Every penny has to be accounted for and has to match when this is all over. Just look at some of the people that own these rinks, half of it is a cash business and not the owners only businesses. 

Thanks for your reply however I did mention above that 75% of the loan goes towards company payroll and the “remaining 25% goes towards company operating expenses” or costs.  

5 hours ago, fafa fohi said:

First off, my politics don’t really have nothing to do with this so that’s pure gaslighting on your part.  Two, I made a reasonable mention of a government program on this hockey thread and your condescending ass responds accordingly.  And have you noticed the author of this thread has not confirmed your notion that in his initial comment he was being sarcastic, he seems the beginning of your attack on me?   Hmm, interesting and kinda creepy that you stalk me the way you do.  

Frankly, I don’t give a f&$k what you think.  You patronize everyone here that you feel is beneath you and act as if you know everything about someone’s business, someone’s family , their kids and skill level, what their motivation was for leaving a program while always leading with the “your kid got cut and your pissed off” take.  That is your MO because you base your enticement argument on assumptions and the fact is you don’t know dick about it. 

Your assumption that I regurgitated what I read on SM or what I read online about the CARES Act is wrong again - what I wrote about the SBA program is fact - two friends of mine in the same industry that I’m in are experiencing severe hardship from the shutdown and bot  applied for the same loans.  One was approved and the one that was denied was because most of his workers are IC’s - IC’s have to file for a PPP loan on their own which prevents them from double dipping so his company opted for a low interest loan instead.  Before COVID, IC’s we’re not eligible to receive unemployment benefits until now when it was added to the bill.   But how would you know about the experiences of those near me?  You couldn’t, so you come here, get puffy and try to impress everyone here on your vast knowledge when it’s clear you are clueless.  So is this the point where you call me a liar?  Probably so, guys like you are very predictable.

You are that guy that stands in front of the mirror, flexes and marvels at himself and feels it’s his mission in life to enlighten others.  All the while your wife calls you by that cute little nickname  you mentioned before - “Captain Inadequacy.”  Again, you should keep those cute pet names you have for each other private, but then it gets me thinking - how in the hell can she or anyone else stand you?

My advice, kid is to take a lesson on how to respond from your friend @Danner27 above.  Reasonable, well thought out responses can come without being a condescending asswipe.  

The only reason I am replying is because you used the word GASLIGHTING. Up until 2 years ago, I’ve heard that word used twice in the 50 years of my life. Just by using that word, you have shown your  political side. It’s all I see every day on tv “republican’s are gaslighting”.  I honestly don’t care what party you are for, I’m just tired of that word, a word i only hear out of crazy hard left liberals, not normal democrats. 

carry on with your argument. 

5 hours ago, fafa fohi said:

Thanks for your reply however I did mention above that 75% of the loan goes towards company payroll and the “remaining 25% goes towards company operating expenses” or costs.  

Again, it’s not really 25%. Your operating costs can not exceed 25% of the loan. For example - with my company 12% of the loan is operating costs.  

Ohio opening up Travel Baseball and Hockey Rinks.

Baseball Tournaments Start June 4th Practice starts May 5.

Rinks open May 4th.

After this Post of HockeyTime heard they are finally reaching out to repay everyone back from cancelling their March Tournaments.

PETER PUCK OUT!

2 hours ago, PeterThePuck said:

Ohio opening up Travel Baseball and Hockey Rinks.

Baseball Tournaments Start June 4th Practice starts May 5.

Rinks open May 4th.

After this Post of HockeyTime heard they are finally reaching out to repay everyone back from cancelling their March Tournaments.

PETER PUCK OUT!

Not according to this, released by the Ohio Gov office on the 27th: 

https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/responsible-restart-ohio/Continued-Business-Closures/