Southwestern PA still RED

44 minutes ago, Eddie Shore said:

Your logic is flawed.  You are making the assumption that the infection rate is standardized.  It is not.  Over 65% of all cases are the elderly and nursing homes are hit the hardest.  News flash for you, those people don't go outside!  It has also been proven that hospitals get more insurance money if they code a case as COVID versus not (look it up from any news source).  Also, it has been proven that any death that occurs and the person had symptoms of COVID (ie a temperature) will be coded as COVID.  That means if I have a heart attack when I had a temperature, or were coughing it gets coded as COVID (straight out of the CDC guidelines).  These are facts, and they are undeniable.  Look up the flu deaths from the past years 

You tell him Eddie!!!!  I agree 100%  Besides that, who thinks we will see business as usual any time soon.  I will practice social distancing and all the rest of the guidelines and still go out in public.  That is just the new normal.  I can't believe anyone thinks they can live with a shutdown of our lives until the virus is gone.  There has to be a middle ground.  I am very interested in hearing more about AAU Hockey. Thanks for the info.  Do you know of any teams in SWPA?  Competition for USA Hockey would be a good thing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eddie Shore said:

Your logic is flawed.  You are making the assumption that the infection rate is standardized.  It is not.  Over 65% of all cases are the elderly and nursing homes are hit the hardest.  News flash for you, those people don't go outside!  It has also been proven that hospitals get more insurance money if they code a case as COVID versus not (look it up from any news source).  Also, it has been proven that any death that occurs and the person had symptoms of COVID (ie a temperature) will be coded as COVID.  That means if I have a heart attack when I had a temperature, or were coughing it gets coded as COVID (straight out of the CDC guidelines).  These are facts, and they are undeniable.  Look up the flu deaths from the past years 

You’re citing the news from 3 weeks ago. Now it seems to be a given that deaths, and infections have been under reported. So it my mind, it all comes out in the wash. 

The fact remains, had we gone about life as normal, there would be a lot more death and a lot more disruption. Can we do this forever? No. Do we need a plan for the future. Yes. However the government absolutely did the right thing with the public’s interest in mind. Regardless of what you, Fox News and the conspiracy theorist have to say. 

The big one world satanic cabal doesn’t stand to benefit if all of us are at a standstill, not doing their bidding, yes? Your boogeyman needs the slaves to slave in order to reach their goals. 

Edited by ctil20

36 minutes ago, ctil20 said:

You’re citing the news from 3 weeks ago. Now it seems to be a given that deaths, and infections have been under reported. So it my mind, it all comes out in the wash. 

The fact remains, had we gone about life as normal, there would be a lot more death and a lot more disruption. Can we do this forever? No. Do we need a plan for the future. Yes. However the government absolutely did the right thing with the public’s interest in mind. Regardless of what you, Fox News and the conspiracy theorist have to say. 

The big one world satanic cabal doesn’t stand to benefit if all of us are at a standstill, not doing their bidding, yes? Your boogeyman needs the slaves to slave in order to reach their goals. 

So, news from 3 weeks ago means it never happened?  Sorry, there is not a statute of limitations on the truth.  Maybe it doesn't happen as much now cause they got caught, but it still happens.

Nice try, but don't watch Fox News.  Truth is I don't watch CNN or MSNBC either.  To me they are two sides of the same evil coin.  I don't need anyone on either side telling me what to think.  I don't believe or trust any of them. 

If you feel that strongly, you should stay inside.  Heck, you should never leave your house again.  What do I care?  Do what ever you want. 

The difference is you are not content in doing what you want, you want to make the rest of us do what you want too. 

6 minutes ago, Eddie Shore said:

So, news from 3 weeks ago means it never happened?  Sorry, there is not a statute of limitations on the truth.  Maybe it doesn't happen as much now cause they got caught, but it still happens.

Nice try, but don't watch Fox News.  Truth is I don't watch CNN or MSNBC either.  To me they are two sides of the same evil coin.  I don't need anyone on either side telling me what to think.  I don't believe or trust any of them. 

If you feel that strongly, you should stay inside.  Heck, you should never leave your house again.  What do I care?  Do what ever you want. 

The difference is you are not content in doing what you want, you want to make the rest of us do what you want too. 

I bet you have nightmares about Don Lemon tickling your feet. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, dazedandconfused said:

Any player who played in any of the USPHL Junior leagues. This includes NCDC, Premier and Elite divisions. All are AAU sanctioned.

Those are junior programs. What players developed in the U16 level that moved on?  Almost all the USPHL and NCDC players came from USA Sanction programs. Just pull up 8 or 9 of the rosters. I'm done. Take your kid to AAU and enjoy the multiple benefits and tremendous experience it offers.

21 minutes ago, ctil20 said:

I bet you have nightmares about Don Lemon tickling your feet. 

I'll be honest.  I don't know what that means.

The only thing I have nightmares about is that 6 months ago if I told you that the government was going to tell you where you could go, who you could see, what you could wear and what you could buy, everyone would have thought would never happen.  Well, it has happened and some people are ok with it.

Edited by Eddie Shore
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, BeaverFalls said:

A62FFAB4-752D-4418-928C-A50192BCC937.jpeg

This has nothing to do with a season being canceled and everything to do with tournament hosts taking money, potentially folding and dissolving without reimbursement. Dates are still going to be agreed upon in principal (they know that), this is to make sure no money exchanges hands. In the event that the show cannot go on. 

Edited by ctil20

There you have it. Average age of 79. I thought I had heard something along those lines the other day about our area specifically and thought that it seemed like too high of an average age. I guess not. 60% of those deaths had at least 2 comorbidities. Time to reopen in full swing.

• Like 1

May 7, 2020

Mid Am District COVID-19 Policy Update:

Given the current governmental orders in place within the boundaries of the Mid Am District, the Mid Am Board has chosen to extend the current suspension of any USA Hockey sanctioned activity from May 15, 2020 to June 15, 2020. It is the Board’s intention that this policy will not be extended beyond June 15 unless new and exceptional circumstances arise and are communicated by a governmental authority. Above will be in effect unless individual states within the Mid Am District issue a return to play order prior to June 15, 2020.

Everyone must continue to comply with the policy of their state with respect to group activities, youth sports, and rink openings.

All changes will be posted to our website.

Any questions may be sent to our administrator at: administrator@midamhockey.com

Questions will be forwarded to a board member for response.

Just now, BeaverFalls said:

May 7, 2020

Given the current governmental orders in place within the boundaries of the Mid Am District, the Mid Am Board has chosen to extend the current suspension of any USA Hockey sanctioned activity from May 15, 2020 to June 15, 2020. It is the Board’s intention that this policy will not be extended beyond June 15 unless new and exceptional circumstances arise and are communicated by a governmental authority. Above will be in effect unless individual states within the Mid Am District issue a return to play order prior to June 15, 2020.

Everyone must continue to comply with the policy of their state with respect to group activities, youth sports, and rink openings.

Any questions may be sent to our administrator at: administrator@midamhockey.com

Not sure what jurisdiction they have over rinks unless it’s for insurance?

5 minutes ago, BeaverFalls said:

May 7, 2020

Highly ridiculous given the memo PB posted with the death breakdown.  I didn't see anywhere in there that kids 5-19 were being devastated by this virus. 

50 minutes ago, dazedandconfused said:

There you have it. Average age of 79. I thought I had heard something along those lines the other day about our area specifically and thought that it seemed like too high of an average age. I guess not. 60% of those deaths had at least 2 comorbidities. Time to reopen in full swing.

I mean really. Old people die every day. We have plenty of beds and ventilators for all those old people. Let's get to playing hockey already!

• Like 3

Wolf doesn’t open beaver county, that’s crazy. This guy is out of his mind, he just stated  he’s using science to re open but when ask the yellow guidelines he didn’t know them all and said refer to faq. He’s just winging it at this point. Ultimately yellow says no youth sports. Im guessing rinks will stay closed. 

Pa state reps are guessing it’s 10-12 weeks for a county to go green after yellow (if everything goes well). Currently yellow is not much different than red, still no gyms, restaurants etc. I would assume rinks fall under this. 10-12 weeks takes things into late August. Will the kids even be back in school under this time frame ? I have a feeling hockey, football etc won’t be starting anytime in the near future. Forget about USA hockey, I don’t  see rinks opening until green. 

In my opinion, if states who are actually opening up like Georgia and Alaska and Texas don't see massive deaths, there is no way our governor can keep things closed 10-12 more weeks.  I'm gonna go out on a limb and say maybe 3-4 weeks if the "curves are flattened" where things are opening up.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, aaaahockey said:

In my opinion, if states who are actually opening up like Georgia and Alaska and Texas don't see massive deaths, there is no way our governor can keep things closed 10-12 more weeks.  I'm gonna go out on a limb and say maybe 3-4 weeks if the "curves are flattened" where things are opening up.

I agree, We have been locked out for almost 8 weeks now. Can you imagine another 10 to 12? I can't!  I could maybe see keeping the Eastern part of the state locked down to get the numbers a little more under control. I also believe that if you opened everything up tomorrow you would be lucky to have 50% of your business back. There are a lot of people that would be very cautious and not go back in public. It is a different world for sure.

10 hours ago, aaaahockey said:

I agree. In the 60’s we had the Hong Kong flu which is turning out to be similar to covid. Our government did not shut anything down. Just like covid, most deaths came to the unfortunate people that were at risk. This covid “crisis” has turned into nothing more than political bs at this point. This will drag out until the election.