PIA being open?

The same people who sneak their kids into lessons during the middle of a quarantine are the same people who will be dying inside when they realize the leg up their kid is getting on their peers will only last roughly 3 practices... until everyone else gets their skating legs back. 

Edited by ctil20

Also did anyone not assume this was taking place. I’d bet some late night skates have happened at a few rinks. We would all like to think it’s a couple kids on the verge of making a junior team. But we all know it’s some well off kid who’s mommy and daddy want him to get an edge on all the undesirables. 

The kids who have had an actual break will be better off in the long run. 

Edited by ctil20
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, ctil20 said:

Also did anyone not assume this was taking place. I’d bet some late night skates have happened at a few rinks. We would all like to think it’s a couple kids on the verge of making a junior team. But we all know it’s some well off kid who’s mommy and daddy want him to get an edge on all the undesirables. 

The kids who have had an actual break will be better off in the long run. 

This last sentence. 100%. I wonder if people will notice how the time off affects their players for the positive instead of merely focussing on the slight and temporary decline in skating and stickhandling skills.

The only caveat is that there are surely MANY players - admittedly mostly likely not AA or AAA players - who are sitting on their couches playing video games rather than staying in shape. The first couple weeks back on the ice will be fascinating, and the players who cared to stay active will be obvious.

• Like 1