PIHL still wants to play the Penguin Cup

All school activities are canceled through the remainder of the school year. So the teams are technically not allowed to practice until after the school year. And since the school year is over, the seniors graduated which means they have to change the bylaws to allow graduated seniors to play. Not sure when the USA Hockey registration ends but I believe the new year begins Aug 1. If it is July 1 they have to re roster the teams and players. Which mean USA Hockey has to change their bylaws to allow graduated players on current HS rosters. Then there's the pesky state requirement of having no groups of more than 25 as part of being in the yellow stage for the next 37 days. So each team is limited to 10 players and 1 coach. The remaining 3 are clock operator, referee and EMT.

I can respect their attempts to give the kids a chance to finish. But just give it up.

Ridiculous.  This has to be one of the dumbest ideas I’ve heard lately.  Why they heck they’re trying to hold onto this is plain dumb.  Nobody is in shape or has been on the ice in ages. Time to cancel it for good and move on.  Stop giving a few kids false hope.  The idea that they’re going to train and then play one game is beyond silly.  

I have a feeling a few influential parents have kids on two of the teams. Word From pa state reps in Harrisburg - they are guessing it will be between 10-12 weeks for counties to go from yellow to green (if things go well) If this is true that takes us into late August. Forget these games, focus on trying to have a 20-21 season. I don’t think there will be any tryouts until September at the earliest.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Danner27 said:

I have a feeling a few influential parents have kids on two of the teams. Word From pa state reps in Harrisburg - they are guessing it will be between 10-12 weeks for counties to go from yellow to green (if things go well) If this is true that takes us into late August. Forget these games, focus on trying to have a 20-21 season. I don’t think there will be any tryouts until September at the earliest.  

If it takes 10-12 weeks to get to the green we are going to see a lot of  businesses open against the orders. Some are already defying the Governors orders We all know of Hair Salons that are quietly opening to preferred customers. What he did to Beaver County is ridiculous. At this point we should all know the risks associated with going out to public places.  If rinks were to open next week with restrictions I would let my kids go. I will probably get them a clear face shield, Make them dress and undress at home.  The problem I see is how will restaurants, gyms, salons survive on 25% capacity. Most are built on 50 to 75% just to breakeven. 

• Like 2

@The King Agreed- so what the PIHL wants to do is rewrite (or suspend) their own bylaws about who is eligible to play, and usurp the USA Hockey rules in the same area, to play 1 game at each level??  Absolute stupidity.  If the PIHL presses forward on this the whole PHIL board needs to be immediately replaced.  Since when is 1 game more important than the integrity of the whole organization?

4 hours ago, hockeyisgreat said:

If it takes 10-12 weeks to get to the green we are going to see a lot of  businesses open against the orders. Some are already defying the Governors orders We all know of Hair Salons that are quietly opening to preferred customers. What he did to Beaver County is ridiculous. At this point we should all know the risks associated with going out to public places.  If rinks were to open next week with restrictions I would let my kids go. I will probably get them a clear face shield, Make them dress and undress at home.  The problem I see is how will restaurants, gyms, salons survive on 25% capacity. Most are built on 50 to 75% just to breakeven. 

What he did to Beaver County? Beaver County doesn’t meet the protocol to move to yellow. Not looking to defend the governor, but is he supposed to let Beaver County off the hook, and in the same breathe tell the south eastern counties to stay at home? When both have the same issue? 

You should be grateful he kept Beaver County as is. Or tried to anyway, god knows some won’t listen and end up getting all of western pa back to red. 

Edited by ctil20

6 minutes ago, ctil20 said:

What he did to Beaver County? Beaver County doesn’t meet the protocol to move to yellow. Not looking to defend the governor, but is he supposed to let Beaver County off the hook, and in the same breathe tell the south eastern counties to stay at home? When both have the same issue? 

You should be grateful he kept Beaver County as is. Or tried to anyway, god knows some won’t listen and end up getting all of western pa back to red. 

"Amadio along with the other county commissioners said the governor told local leaders his decision was based off the number of positive cases and deaths coming out of Brighton Rehab and Wellness Center.

“The nursing home outbreak is not a new development, it’s been going on for weeks and this administration’s irrational decision to sit on the sidelines at the beginning and the Department of Health’s failed oversight has now resulted in that administration punishing all of Beaver County,” said Commissioner Daniel Camp.

Camp tells KDKA to date there are 333 positive COVID-19 cases between residents and staff plus 71 related deaths in this nursing home. There are 78 coronavirus-related deaths in Beaver County total.

County Commissioner Jack Manning said it doesn’t make sense everyone else in the region can open, while the governor “puts a wall” around Beaver County for one nursing home. He said it’s his job to protect the welfare of businesses and residents, which is why he won’t be backing the governor’s decision."

Yeah, deprive the county businesses of a living because of an outbreak pretty much contained to one place. Does that make sense to you? I'm glad to hear that the County DA won't prosecute people who open their business.

• Like 1

What is the criteria to go from Yellow to Green?    No one knows! Supposed to be guided by some model CMU is putting together?  Once again at discretion of this Governor. No clear guidelines or measurables.  Wolf is a joke! Did you see his press conference yesterday. Kept saying refer to the FAQ section. How can he not know if he is the one guiding the ship. 

• Haha 1

I would think that the day the school year is declared over, those seniors would officially be graduates, making them ineligible. Pihl was probably keeping their fingers crossed this would be over by mid-May at the onset of this. Pretty much a foregone conclusion at this point.

1 hour ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I would think that the day the school year is declared over, those seniors would officially be graduates, making them ineligible. Pihl was probably keeping their fingers crossed this would be over by mid-May at the onset of this. Pretty much a foregone conclusion at this point.

Agreed, but why is there a brand new article in the Trib with the PIHL still hoping to play?  Why, out of ALL sports, is the PIHL the one who thinks they can still pull this off?

2 hours ago, hockeyisgreat said:

"Amadio along with the other county commissioners said the governor told local leaders his decision was based off the number of positive cases and deaths coming out of Brighton Rehab and Wellness Center.

“The nursing home outbreak is not a new development, it’s been going on for weeks and this administration’s irrational decision to sit on the sidelines at the beginning and the Department of Health’s failed oversight has now resulted in that administration punishing all of Beaver County,” said Commissioner Daniel Camp.

Camp tells KDKA to date there are 333 positive COVID-19 cases between residents and staff plus 71 related deaths in this nursing home. There are 78 coronavirus-related deaths in Beaver County total.

County Commissioner Jack Manning said it doesn’t make sense everyone else in the region can open, while the governor “puts a wall” around Beaver County for one nursing home. He said it’s his job to protect the welfare of businesses and residents, which is why he won’t be backing the governor’s decision."

Yeah, deprive the county businesses of a living because of an outbreak pretty much contained to one place. Does that make sense to you? I'm glad to hear that the County DA won't prosecute people who open their business.

This is dense. 

There are numerous people who work at this facility and live in Beaver. There are still what, at least a hundred or so employees who have to go home every night.

It’s nobody in Beaver Counties fault. Just the hand they were dealt.  It’s a real shame that some from there can’t follow the states demands for the sake of everyone else. 

Will you all take your pitchforks up to Beaver when western PA is in the red again? 

Be careful what you wish for, the DA won’t prosecute but Wolf can send in the National Guard to quarantine the county. I hope he does to be honest, selfish idiots. 

Edited by ctil20

8 minutes ago, ctil20 said:

This is dense. 

There are numerous people who work at this facility and live in Beaver. There are still what, at least a hundred or so employees who have to go home every night.

It’s nobody in Beaver Counties fault. Just the hand they were dealt.  It’s a real shame that some from there can’t follow the states demands for the sake of everyone else. 

Will you all take your pitchforks up to Beaver when western PA is in the red again? 

Be careful what you wish for, the DA won’t prosecute but Wolf can send in the National Guard to quarantine the county. I hope he does to be honest, selfish idiots. 

Typical lib, I live in beaver county. It’s cleaner than Allegheny, all the problem is one nursing home. Quarantine the home and workers. The pandemic is bs to begin with, go read about the Hong Kong flu, it’s a similar virus.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Danner27 said:

Typical lib, I live in beaver county. It’s cleaner than Allegheny, all the problem is one nursing home. Quarantine the home and workers. The pandemic is bs to begin with, go read about the Hong Kong flu, it’s a similar virus.  

Registered republican. 

Yeah, quarantine the workers. How does that work, do you have the police stand outside their door and follow them to work?

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Racchi’s Rug said:

They’ll have to play with no students or parents in the stands. Fire up that LiveBarn feed, folks!

I'd say this has about a 1% chance of happening.  The fact that they're still discussing this is enough to justify cleaning house with their leadership. 

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 3:34 PM, ctil20 said:

Registered republican. 

Yeah, quarantine the workers. How does that work, do you have the police stand outside their door and follow them to work?

No, the National Guard.  Isn't that who you suggested and (hoped for) Wolf would send in, in your earlier post?  In all honesty, since Nursing Homes have the largest amount of cases by far over everywhere else, why hasn't there been a large number of cases of Nursing Home Workers Families?  You would think that if these people were going to work and getting infected, then bringing it how to their families, there would be a large number of cases in that group as well?  Yet, there is no data (that I know of, but please point me to some if you find it) that supports this. 

16 minutes ago, Eddie Shore said:

No, the National Guard.  Isn't that who you suggested and (hoped for) Wolf would send in, in your earlier post?  In all honesty, since Nursing Homes have the largest amount of cases by far over everywhere else, why hasn't there been a large number of cases of Nursing Home Workers Families?  You would think that if these people were going to work and getting infected, then bringing it how to their families, there would be a large number of cases in that group as well?  Yet, there is no data (that I know of, but please point me to some if you find it) that supports this. 

So you want the National Guard at every healthcare workers house, making sure they and their family members don’t leave their house? 

It’s one thing to quarantine off a large land mass, it’s a different kind of spectacular to suggest you have individuals standing outside someone’s door following them around to and from work. 

https://www.post-gazette.com/news/health/2020/05/10/National-Guard-help-Beaver-County-nursing-home-Brighton-Wellness-COVID-19/stories/202005100104

Edited by ctil20

11 minutes ago, ctil20 said:

So you want the National Guard at every healthcare workers house, making sure they and their family members don’t leave their house? 

It’s one thing to quarantine off a large land mass, it’s a different kind of spectacular to suggest you have armed individuals standing outside someone’s door following them around to and from work. 

https://www.post-gazette.com/news/health/2020/05/10/National-Guard-help-Beaver-County-nursing-home-Brighton-Wellness-COVID-19/stories/202005100104

OK, so what do you suggest? Lockdown a whole county because of one nursing home?  Over 300 cases and over 60 deaths at that one facility.  And why aren't the workers taking it home and into the community in clusters?  How long do you want the lockdown to go on?  Do you have a number or just until the economy is in total shambles? Please enlighten us.  Or should we just wait until all knowing Wolf says it's OK?

6 minutes ago, Denis Lemiuex said:

Don't have to wait for Wolf. Just look at the FAQ sheets. That's basically how he answered all the questions at Friday's press conference. Great to have our leader so on top of things he can't recite basic information.

Agree 100% and what happened to his CMU data based information? They have a nice website with a lot of interesting information but how does it translate into when the State can safely open up?

1 hour ago, hockeyisgreat said:

OK, so what do you suggest? Lockdown a whole county because of one nursing home?  Over 300 cases and over 60 deaths at that one facility.  And why aren't the workers taking it home and into the community in clusters?  How long do you want the lockdown to go on?  Do you have a number or just until the economy is in total shambles? Please enlighten us.  Or should we just wait until all knowing Wolf says it's OK?

I suggest taking into consideration that Wolf is a talking head, and that there is a group of people giving him council. 

There is a subset of society (partly represented here) who think Tom Wolf, CDC, Fauci, Birx, you name it... is out to get them. You believe the government wants to take your liberties and freedoms. Some of you, on the deep end of the spectrum, believe that this was all by design. That Bill Gates and his new world order are looking to microchip you with his vaccine. 

Here is the end all be all to any of those notions. People staying home does nothing for politicians, those in power, or Hillary Clinton and her child sacrificing pagan cabal. Whoever your boogeyman is, they don’t stand to gain anything from the world being at a standstill. The dollars are not flowing. Case closed. Nobody gives a single shit about who you are, where you are going or what you are doing. They want your money and you sitting home whining about not being able to hit the golf course is not giving them your money. 

Secondly, the economy has been in “total shambles” for 2 months now. What are you even talking about? Here’s what you’re going to do Chief, you’re either going to suck it up now, or this is going to drag out very long and far. So it’s either economic shambles, or economic shambles for a long time. 

In our neck of the woods, mostly everyone has chosen the former. Most of the intellectuals out there understand all of the above. 

As it stands, every county in western PA has done the work, and they’re set to move towards normalcy. There is one county who presents a danger to that notion. There is one county that is a high risk to move all of the other counties back to red, should they not follow direction. 

Is it the people of Beaver Counties fault? Certainly not. Is it the unfortunate hand they’ve been dealt? Yes it is. Do they have a critical decision to make? Yes. They’re either going to do what it takes, or they’re going to risk getting us all locked down until Winter. 

And yes, I certainly hope that if people are out and about and defying orders that the NG is sent in. Those who are concerned about the economy should be on the same page. The Western PA is in a position to start recovering economically. Going back to red would be going back to “shambles”. 

Let me ask you this, have you actually read what the difference is between red and yellow? Is Beaver county really going to take one for the team by not being able to wait and hour to get into a restaurant - because they’re only taking 10 people at a time? 

Edited by ctil20

2 hours ago, ctil20 said:

It’s one thing to quarantine off a large land mass, it’s a different kind of spectacular to suggest you have individuals standing outside someone’s door following them around to and from work. 

No YOU suggested using the National Guard, not me.  You want them to go in a quarantine everyone (and you said you hoped he does it).  See below

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 3:02 PM, ctil20 said:

This is dense.