PIHL still wants to play the Penguin Cup

2 minutes ago, Eddie Shore said:

No YOU suggested using the National Guard, not me.  You want them to go in a quarantine everyone (and you said you hoped he does it).  See below

I suggested quarantining the county if the residents don’t follow orders. Absolutely. This has been done, and it can be done by law.

What you suggested, is having soldiers standing outside healthcare workers homes making sure they don’t leave, then following them to work. This has never happened (in America) and it’s against the law. 

Edited by ctil20

Let me ask you this, have you actually read what the difference is between red and yellow? Is Beaver county really going to take one for the team by not being able to wait and hour to get into a restaurant - because they’re only taking 10 people at a time? 

You need to go back and read the difference between Red & Yellow. Not a whole lot of difference to me.

Do you know what you are talking about?  Where does moving from Red to Yellow allow dine in at any capacity?     Granted Wolf is just a talking head but just like with Trump the buck stops here.  Yes the economy is in a shambles and will only get worse if the Yellow phase is allowed to go on for 10 to 12 weeks!  There will be nothing to go back to.

And yes I have read the Georgia Tech model that suggests that the State of Georgia is in for big trouble by easing restrictions too soon.  We will just have to wait and see.  I really don't like the thought of Hospitals being overwhelmed but I also don't like being told what I can and can't do. I have sucked it up for the team. It's time to move on with life.

I still believe that a lot of people are smart enough to social distance and protect the elderly without having to be forced to do so.

53 minutes ago, ctil20 said:

I suggested quarantining the county if the residents don’t follow orders. Absolutely. This has been done, and it can be done by law.

What you suggested, is having soldiers standing outside healthcare workers homes making sure they don’t leave, then following them to work. This has never happened (in America) and it’s against the law. 

So you think throwing a woman in jail who owns a hair salon for just opening her business has happened before in America and is not against the law?

Just want to make sure I understand the difference. 

You cannot have police stand outside a heath care workers house and make sure they don't leave, but you can have the National Guard come in a quarantine an entire county?

Sorry to beat this to death, but I am a little slow and have a hard time following things.  Just want to make sure I understand.

I posted this in the other thread, but models aside, Georgia's 14 day average is going down and they, today, have the least hospitalizations and vents being used since the beginning of April, despite having reopened. Unfortunately the virus likely ripped through the nursing homes early and hit the most vulnerable quickly. 

39 minutes ago, The King said:

I’m just curious (especially so since this league is the one claiming to be holding out hope for playing the games) but, it seems you have some poor experiences with these folks. What is the biggest issues?

I don't like any league, hockey, softball, or whatever, that has zero oversight of what goes on with the teams in each league.  In otherwords, as long as the players are USA Hockey registered (and don't carry suspensions), the league could give to $hits about the shenanigans that go on inside each high schools hockey organization.  The PIHL doesn't require (to my knowledge, and yes I have years of experience), any involvement of the parent to the organization, in the case of the PIHL, the school districts themselves.  I would go a step further and believe that the majority of school districts have no idea how their own PIHL teams are run.  So why does this all matter?  We have HS teams operating with the school logos, and the districts have no oversight about them. 

At least with the WPIAL (whom I also don't like) and the PIAA (for the most part I'm ok with), they have a lot of oversight and involvement with the school districts into the teams they field.  PIHL=allows rogue operation of hockey teams.  All the time you have the WPIAL ruling kids ineligible and then the PIAA overturns easily 66% or more of that because the WPIAL is like a State trying to override the Constitution (eg WPIAL rules do NOT override the PIAA rules in most cases).

So this then comes back to why the PIHL is so damn adamant about trying to play finals games, when no other sport is trying to do this.  What is the motivation here to try and do this when the players won't have touched ice in ~3 months at least by the time Wolf's lock down has ended.  At the 10,000 foot view it would seem like a few power brokers are trying to push for this... when in order to actually pull it off would require breaking rules of the PIHL and USA Hockey.  Why press on with this?  Again no accountability to anyone.

Hope that clarifies things LOL

48 minutes ago, aaaahockey said:

I posted this in the other thread, but models aside, Georgia's 14 day average is going down and they, today, have the least hospitalizations and vents being used since the beginning of April, despite having reopened. Unfortunately the virus likely ripped through the nursing homes early and hit the most vulnerable quickly. 

My bet is that the rates stay low and as things warm up the virus will continue to go away. 

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 3:34 PM, ctil20 said:

Registered republican. 

Yeah, quarantine the workers. How does that work, do you have the police stand outside their door and follow them to work?

@ctil20 I too am a Republican and I don't go around here yelling at everyone as liberal or republican.  I will go further that I base my decisions on FACTS & LOGIC and not on feelings, love or social justice.  Wolf IS an idiot and a stooge and is strong arming counties with very small rates to be shutdown (Beaver) when there is really no logic behind it.  Locking down a whole county when literally one building is the main problem is beyond rationale.

Your anti-trump ranting is getting really old.

19 minutes ago, Scooby Doo said:

@ctil20 I too am a Republican and I don't go around here yelling at everyone as liberal or republican.  I will go further that I base my decisions on FACTS & LOGIC and not on feelings, love or social justice.  Wolf IS an idiot and a stooge and is strong arming counties with very small rates to be shutdown (Beaver) when there is really no logic behind it.  Locking down a whole county when literally one building is the main problem is beyond rationale.

Your anti-trump ranting is getting really old.

Voted for DJT and will be voting for him again this November. I said nothing about the president. You’re just reading it that way because god forbid someone agree with anyone on the other side of the aisle. You are the problem in this great country, your tribalism and small minded outlook on politics. Just keep doing what Fox News tells you to do, keep saying what they say, and it will all go away. 

Anyway, what is getting old is the inability to understand that THERE ARE EMPLOYEES who are coming and going from this nursing home in Beaver county. They have deliveries in and out etc. 

You people seem to think that they can “wall off” this home and that will be the end of it. There are hundreds of hosts in and out of this home on a daily basis. Most of which, live in the community. 

It is borderline defeating to hear just how completely either blind with rage, or stupid people are to think Tom Wolf woke up one day and wanted to take his political agenda out on Beaver County. 

Beaver County is a threat to all of western PA and Eastern Ohio right now. And to the simpleton who keeps asking me about the national guard quarantine a county. For the 20th time, yes. If residents don’t listen, let them galavant about their county... but lock them in. We don’t want your germs, carelessness or stupidity in Allegheny or elsewhere. 

The beaver county residents that do listen to the orders will be unaffected anyway as they will be STAYING HOME. So a county wide quarantine with the National Guard setting up road blocks in and out of the county may be the only way to deal with the seemingly mass amount of idiots who think this virus doesn’t feel like effecting anyone but the nursing home down the street. 

But we can go back and forth on a hockey message board all day. The fact of the matter is the NG is already at the nursing home. If I’m a Beaver resident, I’m taking that as a warning to fall in line. 

Edited by ctil20

1 hour ago, Eddie Shore said:

What does Wolf, or any other politician have to gain from what he is doing? 

Tell me this. What is the upside for the governors who are restricting their constituents in light of this virus? Are they getting kickbacks from the Clinton Foundation?  Who stands to gain from America being at a standstill? 

Can anyone possibly conceive that elected officials are just trying to do right by the masses? Does every politician, who you don’t agree with have some kind of hidden political agenda against your interest?

This big government boogeyman who wants to take all of your freedoms... if it existed... it could so easily take all of your freedoms if it wanted to, and not by way of some sickness. 

Edited by ctil20

14 minutes ago, ctil20 said:

Tell me this. What is the upside for the governors who are restricting their constituents in light of this virus? Are they getting kickbacks from the Clinton Foundation?  Who stands to gain from America being at a standstill? 

Can anyone possibly conceive that elected officials are just trying to do right by the masses? Does every politician, who you don’t agree with have some kind of hidden political agenda against your interest?

This big government boogeyman who wants to take all of your freedoms... if it existed... it could so easily take all of your freedoms if it wanted to, and not by way of some sickness. 

Then why does Wolf act so incompetent?  When Levine was asked what the criteria is to go from Yellow to Green she said it hasn't been developed yet!  Seriously! All these intelligent people haven't come up with the guidelines.  Where is all of this scientific analysis? Give us a goal to work towards instead of incompetence. Gives me no hope! I'm close enough that maybe I should move to West Virginia.

1 hour ago, Danner27 said:

This is teetering on clickbait. 

The whole article reads as no contact propaganda. This is not a shot at you Danner, but that’s hands down the dumbest sport related thing I’ve read in years. 

Coming into physical contact is 1/10 of the problem. It’s the droplets in the air that cause the majority of the transmission. Droplets in the air can stay present for a significant amount of time. Someone could sneeze at one end of the rink, and a player could inhale the droplets by simply skating in that area 30 seconds later. 

You either play the game the way it’s meant to be played or don’t play it at all. No contact, social distancing hockey is not hockey and kids will develop insurmountable bad habits that will be hard to break once the game is back to normal. 

It’s all going to come down to liability waivers. Not just hockey, everything. 

Edited by ctil20

3 minutes ago, ctil20 said:

This is teetering on clickbait. 

The whole article reads as no contact propaganda. This is not a shot at you Danner, but that’s hands down the dumbest sport related thing I’ve read in years. 

Coming into physical contact is 1/10 of the problem. It’s the droplets in the air that cause the majority of the transmission. Droplets in the air can stay present for a significant amount of time. Someone could sneeze at one end of the rink, and a player could inhale the droplets by simply skating in that area 2 min later. 

You either play the game the way it’s meant to be played or don’t play it at all. No contact, social distancing hockey is not hockey and kids will develop insurmountable bad habits that will be hard to break once the game is back to normal. 

You mean you aren't ready to embrace the "new normal"?

Not in sport. 

If the governing body had any initiative, they would be starting the season in June when the rinks most likely open. I’d bet you could make it to October, Sept at the earliest. before having to shut it down. 

Which is better than no season. 

22 minutes ago, ctil20 said:

Not in sport. 

If the governing body had any initiative, they would be starting the season in June when the rinks most likely open. I’d bet you could make it to October, Sept at the earliest. before having to shut it down. 

Which is better than no season. 

I was being tongue in cheek. Everything goes back to normal when we realize people aren't dropping dead in the streets like Walking Dead in Georgia. 

23 hours ago, ctil20 said:

I offered no opinion other than to say get in line.  Just read what he said and draw your own conclusions.  He said if you go against his will you could lose your funding, licenses and occupancy permits. It is what it is.

4 hours ago, Eddie Shore said:

I offered no opinion other than to say get in line.  Just read what he said and draw your own conclusions.  He said if you go against his will you could lose your funding, licenses and occupancy permits. It is what it is.

Not only that, your private insurer may not cover you. So if a customer falls down on the mom and pop premises and breaks a bone, needs surgery, hope that mom and pop has ten to fifteen grand to cover the medical bills when the carrier refuses to extend coverage because the business wasn't supposed to be open..

• 2 weeks later...

There is a Facebook group trying to get pihl to allow the graduate players, they want the bylaws re-written, pushing pihl to play the games when Allegheny county goes green Friday. Appears to be parents and Tj school district as the leaders via twitter ?

34 minutes ago, dazedandconfused said:

The players have probably moved on in their own minds yet mommy an daddy just can't let it go. Poor Bobby should never have to suffer this injustice.

My son is going through a similar situation. His travel team won the state championship in OT only to have Nationals cancelled and the coach just can't let go. The boys have all moved on from it with a vast majority moving on to college and juniors but the coach is still trying to schedule one last tournament against a good team to give them "closure"

It's the coach who needs the closure, not the boys. They're all ready raring to go for next year.