Ice re-acclimatization before tryouts

What provisions are organizations around the city making for letting the players get some ice time before tryouts resume? I'm curious about how the hockey community in general is addressing this for players who haven't skated in literally months.

I've heard through friends that one organization in the region is allowing each registered player one on-ice session for free before tryouts. This seems a little light to me. Are there other organizations making their plans public yet?

I've heard a couple organizations plan to have some sort of weeklong camp or tune-up.  Not sure if they have worked out details about whether that is included in registration for tryouts or if those will be seperate paid fees for anyone interested.  

I'm pretty sure there will be several people lining up to take all our money for getting kids prepped. I've said in the past that I usually, at least until teenagers, have encouraged my kids to take April-June at a minimum off. I think it is good for them. I guess moving tryouts to fall throws a bit of a wrench in that potentially. 

2 hours ago, Lifelongbender said:

What provisions are organizations around the city making for letting the players get some ice time before tryouts resume? I'm curious about how the hockey community in general is addressing this for players who haven't skated in literally months.

I've heard through friends that one organization in the region is allowing each registered player one on-ice session for free before tryouts. This seems a little light to me. Are there other organizations making their plans public yet?

It’s good for kids to be off the ice.my oldest was never on the ice much from May-July kids not being on the ice for two months will not effect them at tryouts as long as they are staying in shape. 

I'm also curious what school teams will do, seeing as there is no guarantee school will start as scheduled. However with hockey teams virtually having no involvement with the actual school other than using their name and colors, will they start when they normally do or not? 

21 hours ago, nemesis8679 said:

I'm also curious what school teams will do, seeing as there is no guarantee school will start as scheduled. However with hockey teams virtually having no involvement with the actual school other than using their name and colors, will they start when they normally do or not? 

Schools still have sign off on PIHL rosters. I would expect the state and PIAA guidance, when it comes out, is what the schools will apply to hockey as well. Liability is a huge driver of where we are today.

Edited by Ynot02