Midget Tier 1 Tryouts

32 minutes ago, Danner27 said:

This is not true. They cut a 02 this year who is drafted into the ncdc and added a 03 who stinks but the kid has been going excel. The father also wrote a check to the penguins foundation, his kid brags about this. 

I forgot to mention, that during Jan or Feb of my daughter's first season with PPE (years ago), she was invited to tour SSA along with her other teammates.  Out of the several teammates who attended the all day tour and recruitment effort, the girls that turned down SSA also didn't make the team the following season.  That is the same season a bunch of CBJ girls came to the tryouts and made the team.  Oh, and one more thing, back then the coach of that PPE team was also the coach of SSA.  Just sayin' ?

10 minutes ago, Hockeyfan00 said:

Half the team left and they replaced them with “ AA “ viper stars kids and kids who played PAHL A major last year what a disaster 

Unfortunately they were never really able to get that icemen program off the ground. They should have easily passed the predators as choice 3 for tier 1. I have my opinions on why it never worked there but I can’t post them due to putting names on a public forum. 

33 minutes ago, Danner27 said:

Unfortunately they were never really able to get that icemen program off the ground. They should have easily passed the predators as choice 3 for tier 1. I have my opinions on why it never worked there but I can’t post them due to putting names on a public forum. 

Screenshot_20200708-144035_Chrome.jpg

@Danner27 I cannot remember which thread you posted on that the Ivy League cancelled all Fall sports.

The Big 10 is planning on a in-conference only schedule for fall sports.  I would think the larger conferences such as the Pac 12, SEC and all would do something similar rather than taking the same path as the Ivy League simply because their fall sports generate far more revenue than the Ivy League does and don't want that money tree to lose its leaves.  We shall see.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29435295/source-big-ten-moving-conference-only-model-all-sports-fall

7 hours ago, fafa fohi said:

@Danner27 I cannot remember which thread you posted on that the Ivy League cancelled all Fall sports.

The Big 10 is planning on a in-conference only schedule for fall sports.  I would think the larger conferences such as the Pac 12, SEC and all would do something similar rather than taking the same path as the Ivy League simply because their fall sports generate far more revenue than the Ivy League does and don't want that money tree to lose its leaves.  We shall see.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29435295/source-big-ten-moving-conference-only-model-all-sports-fall

@fafa fohi I read this today. A lot of people probably do not realize Ivy League schools do not give out athletic scholarships. Yes folks, the young man playing ncaa d1 hockey at places like Dartmouth,, Yale etc are paying their own bill. 

the big ten is a huge money maker along With the other “big” conferences, they will keep that revenue stream rolling in. Time will tell soon if any changes happen. 

Remove the politics from all of this, are we starting to reach a point of diminishing returns by closing down sports and recreation for so long be it physical and mental health along with developing healthier habits for life?

It’s not like the obesity or opioid or suicide  epidemics vanished. 

• Like 1

On 7/9/2020 at 11:35 PM, Danner27 said:

@fafa fohi I read this today. A lot of people probably do not realize Ivy League schools do not give out athletic scholarships.

Academic scholarships those schools could offer would probably leave most envious though, no? 

Isn't it common knowledge that players from families of influence get advantages over others. Happens in every walk of life. Not much you can do about that. Drawback of capitalism?

6 hours ago, BeaverFalls said:

Sloth? And then think about whether those kids are strong and healthy enough to fight off...oh I don't know, lets even say the flu?

7 hours ago, BeaverFalls said:

Remove the politics from all of this, are we starting to reach a point of diminishing returns by closing down sports and recreation for so long be it physical and mental health along with developing healthier habits for life?

Bingo plus we are forgetting everything we know about how to keep kids healthy mentally, physically, and socially. 

Edited by aaaahockey

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 10:35 PM, Hky05 said:

Well Icemen 16u is playing NAPHL AA, not AAA, so would you call that tier 1 still?! Flying to Texas and Minnesota for AA?

I know for sure that the 14U and 16U Icemen are playing AAA not AA.

5 hours ago, 3 Boys said:

I know for sure that the 14U and 16U Icemen are playing AAA not AA.

The naphl will have them playing AA. That’s what “guest” teams get. They will play AA teams and bottom ranked AAA teams. Those guest spots are to fill ice & make money because they buy out rinks for the showcase. They will play chicago aa teams and the bad usphl aaa teams. They won’t play teams like esmark, meijer, etc. 

1 hour ago, Danner27 said:

Do some damn research! Icemen are not even listed as a showcase team at any age. they will end up just playing csdhl aa teams then anyone can schedule with or run into at a tournament. 

http://naphl.com/teams/

The naphl has taken a serious hit. Looks as though most of the bigger name programs are gone & a lot of mediocre programs added. I wouldn’t brag about being a guest team in that league.