North Hills High School news

Pee Wee, I understand the points that you are making about schools opening and how it seems way more risky than sports. I would not be on board with schools totally opening with no guidelines. I think there have been some ideas about the kids only going in two days/week in person with strict social distancing. That may not even work. I'm just thinking that is a worthier cause than the sports. Sports are important to the kids, but I feel that we do have to prioritize and make some hard sacrifices. It's just impossible to keep kids apart in contact sports. Professional sports opening wouldn't even be a possibility if not for the constant testing, hub city/ bubble concept. How can we consider having the kids play without those concepts while demanding it for the professionals? 

1 hour ago, ctil20 said:

This whole thing were we are trying to correlate youth sports and school is baffling.

”Youth sports” mostly involves roughly 35-40 kids at a time during a game, and 15-20 during practice a few times a week for and hour and half. 

Schools consist of 300 to 1k+ kids... 5 times a week for 6+ hours. 

The “risk” with youth sports barely registers when you take into consideration that some of these districts are going to pack all of those kids into a school - and all it will take is one sneeze to get into the ventilation system.

People are so out to lunch on the whole school thing, but like everything else in this country - we’re just going to have to try it (knowing it won’t work) then all fall flat on our faces. Kids will be back at home by mid-September. 

Saw a few districts taking “parent surveys” on whether or not to reopen. Talk about letting the inmates run the asylum. Pandering and spineless. I know people have to work, but everyone knows the reality of this, and while it’s a harsh, difficult, hard to swallow reality. It is indeed, REALITY. 

We cannot gather in groups of more than 25, but a month from now, schools can be packed?

I say close school, knowing it won’t work, and let the kids who play sports have some semblance of normalcy. Hell, maybe it will encourage others who typically wouldn’t play to get out and moving. 

The schools will shut the schools down, not a youth soccer league. 

Should we wait for a vaccine that may never come or what other metric for restarting schools do you propose?

13 minutes ago, aaaahockey said:

Should we wait for a vaccine that may never come or what other metric for restarting schools do you propose?

The vaccine that may never come... who are you kidding? Of all of the arguments to pick, you picked the most hollow one. 

This planet has cured or managed almost everything Mother Nature has thrown at it. The real question is if enough people will get this vaccine, or if they will hide in their basement because Bill Gates (Lucifer incarnate) and the government want to track their ordinary, mundane lives via a vaccine micro chip. 

I think it’s safe to say you could manage at home learning for one more school year, then bank on a vaccine being available within a year. There’s literally hundereds of vaccines being developed, quite a few with good results... they just need to be tested for insurance reasons... surely you know that. 

BuT No mY SeNiOR Is EnTiTLeD tO HiS LaST SChOoL YeAR!!1! YoU WOnT TRaUMaTizE MY BaBy TOm WOLf!!!1!

Edited by ctil20

2021 STRONG!!! OMG HOW COULD THEY EVEN THINK OF DOING THIS. THESE KIDS NEED TO BE IN SCHOOL YOU ARE RUINING THEIR LIVES!!! THIS FAKE VIRUS IS TAKING AWAY FROM JAXTONS LAST SCHOOL YEAR. THIS WILL EFFECT THE REST OF HIS LIFE OMG. 

While kids in Syria are getting blown up in their sleep by insurgents. 

We ArE HeRE 4 U sEnIoRs!! WE wILl nEVer 4geT

Edited by ctil20

43 minutes ago, ctil20 said:

The vaccine that may never come... who are you kidding? Of all of the arguments to pick, you picked the most hollow one. 

This planet has cured or managed almost everything Mother Nature has thrown at it. The real question is if enough people will get this vaccine, or if they will hide in their basement because Bill Gates (Lucifer incarnate) and the government want to track their ordinary, mundane lives via a vaccine micro chip. 

I think it’s safe to say you could manage at home learning for one more school year, then bank on a vaccine being available within a year. There’s literally hundereds of vaccines being developed, quite a few with good results... they just need to be tested for insurance reasons... surely you know that. 

BuT No mY SeNiOR Is EnTiTLeD tO HiS LaST SChOoL YeAR!!1! YoU WOnT TRaUMaTizE MY BaBy TOm WOLf!!!1!

Wow.  MSNBC much?  I didn't say any of those things but the "scientists" are all saying you may or may not have a vaccine let alone one with efficacy, in the near future or ever.  Go ahead and blast me though.  That will help you.........I am glad you have a job that lets you stay at home and take care of the kids without any consequences whatsoever.  Sorry for the other millions that don't.  Also happy your kids won't suffer any psychological consequences of isolation or at home schooling (despite real experts saying otherwise). Sorry for the millions that will. Also happy you won't suffer for the consequences of substance abuse and mental depression. Sorry for the millions who will.  Also happy you and your family won't suffer from domestic and sexual abuse and strife.  Sorry for the millions that will. 

Congrats on your wealth and privilege. Hope bill gates delivers!

Europe didn't just flatten their curve. They bent it down dramatically. We just need to do that. Can we just, at least, hold off on the fun stuff for a while longer. We should not have opened all these high risk things. Most business should be able to operate, but stuff that puts people in close contact with one another is prolonging this catastrophe. 

12 hours ago, Quinlan2020 said:

Europe didn't just flatten their curve. They bent it down dramatically. We just need to do that. Can we just, at least, hold off on the fun stuff for a while longer. We should not have opened all these high risk things. Most business should be able to operate, but stuff that puts people in close contact with one another is prolonging this catastrophe. 

It's what happens when the federal and state governments are unable or (more likely) disinterested in helping SMALL businesses and average citizens faced with financial ruin. They want to get back to making money. Couple this with those who want to make a political statement by not taking simple precautions and whining about their liberty and freedom, and this is what we get. 

The only person you embarrass regularly is yourself.

Ever hear of Dr Wecht? He recently said the mortality rate for COVID in people under 60 and in basic general health is 0.1 to 0.3 percent. That masks were totally absurd.

also check a history book. War and disease have likely been the greatest population controls ever. Nobody is going to live for ever, I'm sorry if this is the first time you've heard this.

you you and mrs danner take care in your bubble, this will all be over in November. 

A recent poster suggested not arguing with "folks like yourself" or idiots, because they've plenty of experience and copious amounts of time sitting in their bubbles. That was one of the best posts I've seen on this forum.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, The King said:

You joined the board June 22 (assuming you aren’t a second account for one of the ladies I embarrass regularly) and have made 2 posts. Both related to @Danner27. That’s sad. And the definition of trolling. Folks like myself give regular insight and blow up fake news and pretenders. Folks like you just don’t seem to understand that 2 posts with zero redeeming value offer nothing. And let’s say that receiving a text doesn’t carry any water in the argument (it definitely doesn’t when it’s a 2 post loser). It seems @Danner27 is right again. Check the info. Rinks seem to be shutting down now. Wait until they’re on the states radar. You hate your governor now? Wait until he buries a few ice rinks because you people can’t live in reality and pretend to be fighting for freedom. As I’ve said over and over, prove  me wrong. There’s your challenge. 

@The King It’s not like I want to be right, per usual my info is correct. I’ve also been told it’s up to 5 kids now that tested positive. This soon will get on the pa government radar. I’m not going to sit here and call out the people that called me full of crap, you all can read that through that in this thread. 

@aaaahockey 5 kids all at the predators tryouts, you still want to try and deny / defend this outbreak didn’t happen at ice castle ? 

56 minutes ago, Spear and Magic Helmet said:

Just got a message stating ice castle is closed until July 10. Anyone else hear this?

I know they were closed "for the holidays" July 5-6 and some of the activities (Quest 4v4) were postponed a week based on Allegheny County rules about gatherings I believe. Not sure about them not opening til the 10th but could be true. 

6 minutes ago, 1&done said:

Ever hear of Dr Wecht? He recently said the mortality rate for COVID in people under 60 and in basic general health is 0.1 to 0.3 percent. That masks were totally absurd.

also check a history book. War and disease have likely been the greatest population controls ever. Nobody is going to live for ever, I'm sorry if this is the first time you've heard this.

you you and mrs danner take care in your bubble, this will all be over in November. 

A recent poster suggested not arguing with "folks like yourself" or idiots, because they've plenty of experience and copious amounts of time sitting in their bubbles. That was one of the best posts I've seen on this forum.

This has nothing to do with the mortality rate, you dolt. It’s how quickly and easily it’s spreads. Nice job of writing your half assed reply in Microsoft word, learn to cut and paste properly. is this little Johnny’s big year ? He finally made a “aaa” team ? The season has to go on ASAP! 

Edited by Danner27

My point was you and the mrs are hypocrites. Everyone else's story or texts are irrelevant, but yours are gospel. 

A renowned pathologist suggests that masks are absurd, the mortality rates are extremely low for healthy individuals under 60, and even champions for herd immunity, but you and your wife are sure they're cancelling the season.

The problem I see with your assumptions is they're mostly wrong. I don't have kids or a Facebook, and I promise you I'm no coward. I do have a wife. So 1 of 4. You don't seem like a numbers guy, I promise you that is a huge fail.

Lastly you and your wife claim to know so much about hockey but don't even consider the possibility option 1 and 2 AAA orgs could hold some responsibility, you both know from her texts it was AAA option 3. Which held their tryouts a week after 1 and 2. 

Being a geography major I would guess the north hills kid probably didn't have option 3 as his 1st choice to play AAA this year 

56 minutes ago, 1&done said:

My point was you and the mrs are hypocrites. Everyone else's story or texts are irrelevant, but yours are gospel. 

A renowned pathologist suggests that masks are absurd, the mortality rates are extremely low for healthy individuals under 60, and even champions for herd immunity, but you and your wife are sure they're cancelling the season.

The problem I see with your assumptions is they're mostly wrong. I don't have kids or a Facebook, and I promise you I'm no coward. I do have a wife. So 1 of 4. You don't seem like a numbers guy, I promise you that is a huge fail.

Lastly you and your wife claim to know so much about hockey but don't even consider the possibility option 1 and 2 AAA orgs could hold some responsibility, you both know from her texts it was AAA option 3. Which held their tryouts a week after 1 and 2. 

Being a geography major I would guess the north hills kid probably didn't have option 3 as his 1st choice to play AAA this year 

Is this renowned pathologist in the majority? Or the minute minority, of health professionals, who believe in masks? 

Im not a health professional, and I can confidently say that if Cyril Wecht is going around saying “masks are absurd” then he is a clown who should never work in healthcare again. 

Here’s a simple explantation for you. When your body “sneezes”... it can expel germ droplets a lot further than 6 feet. By wearing a mask, you are eliminating the amount of droplets that are expelled, and you’re else eliminating the distance in which they are expelled. That is common sense. It also stops the mouth breathers from expelling the virus all over others. 

Edited by ctil20

"Tell me how many of them are ill; how many of them knew that they had any kind of Coronavirus infection; how many of them went to see a doctor; how many of them went to a hospital; how many of them were admitted to the hospital for further treatment; how many of them died. That is what is meaningful, not how many people have tested positive" -Cyril Wecht

I read that and it sounds pretty logical.

You folks keep talking about common sense, from my side of the fence it doesn't seem all that common anymore...

6 hours ago, 1&done said:

That was probably one of my posts, and the bubble I was talking about is the infowars/freedom fighter/anti mask one, the one that you seem to be immersed in. 

7 hours ago, 1&done said:

I never said a damn thing about a bubble, not going out. I’m taking about common sense if you people want to see youth sports this year! You can keep being a imaginary American freedom fighter. Just so you know, I am a republican. I don’t think covid is much different than sars or the swine flu but guess what ? I’m not a doctor or a health expert, I’m just a father that knows hockey pretty well who happened to make a lot of connections, friends and people I consider extended family though out the journey. 

go back to being a freedom fighter, I want to see hockey this year, youth and pro. I don’t give a crap about your freedoms or politics. The virus is real and spreads easy, That is fact. Two Pittsburgh pirates just tested positive. Will they die ? Probably not, they will probably have flu like symptoms for a few days but every once in awhile for some unknown reasons, this virus does kill healthy people. Look at the 41 year old actor who died today. 3 months in the hospital from covid, completely healthy, no underlining issues. His wife can’t even explain it. Ask dr wecht to explain that, maybe he will give you some jfk info while he’s at it. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Danner27 said:

I’m just a father that knows hockey pretty well

I'm sure you have kids, but that's where we'll have to agree to disagree.

Just so you know I'm not a freedom fighter, and I'll wear a mask if it really makes you feel better. 

Just f'in stop with the whole cancel the season every time there's a positive test.