North Hills High School news

1 hour ago, Pucks11 said:

I personally know the 2 North Hills kids and the Predators were their first choice. 

Like I said. I talked to the dad. Predators was the only tryout but this dolt doesn’t seem to believe it. I’m not selling anything, I don’t make any money in hockey, my involvement anymore is to watch other family members and friends kids play. Mine are both done now. 

1 hour ago, HSFBLJ said:

So we know the kids were at Preds AAa- (for those keeping track that is only 2.5 A's)  They are a good team but I'm not sure they would have won PAHL last year.  Rabbit hole there sorry.  Same kid or kids were at North Hills tryouts.  Let's see how many of the Preds and North Hills kids come down with the virus.  Maybe that gives us a place to start evaluating potential spread.  

Two north hills kids and a bethel park kid. All three at the predators tryouts. There is word of a fourth kid and his parents but I don’t Number 4 to say that is true or not. 

22 hours ago, Danner27 said:

@The King It’s not like I want to be right, per usual my info is correct. I’ve also been told it’s up to 5 kids now that tested positive. 

@aaaahockey 5 kids all at the predators tryouts, you still want to try and deny / defend this outbreak didn’t happen at ice castle ? 

It was five yesterday. Glad the numbers were adjusted down.

5 minutes ago, Danner27 said:

Like I said. I talked to the dad. Predators was the only tryout but this dolt doesn’t seem to believe it. I’m not selling anything, I don’t make any money in hockey, my involvement anymore is to watch other family members and friends kids play. Mine are both done now. 

I talked to the dad also as my son played with the other son the day they got tested. 

See this is why I think danner and the king are life partners.

Anyone else and I feel the kings response would be something like, "oh look it's the north hills guys and all their tier II buddies mad that they got cut from preds" But he's not man enough to say that to his queen.

7 minutes ago, The King said:

Rent free. In your head.  You’re just another obsessed fanboy now. Your inadequacy is showing through pretty bright. 

Hahaha. Hey at least you're a legend there though, right? Don't you think it's a bit maniacal to anoint yourself the king? 

You keep showing how little you actually know about hockey. How pompous you are. How much you like all the fanboys. If you didn't have this forum you probably wouldn't have anyone to talk hockey with. 

I don't need this forum, but will stick around to check on you and the wife. I get a kick out of it at this point, you folks crack me up

9 minutes ago, The King said:

Prove me wrong. That’s all I ask. Hasn’t happened yet. Certainly won’t be you. My best to you’re nieces and friends this season. 

Your kid(s) played hockey and you think based on their experience(s) you know the game. At some point one of them cracked a tier I roster and then you were a level 5 coach. After midgets it got really tough and it was time to sink or swim. Your boy(s) sunk out of favor and probably never cracked an acha I roster. 

I assume this based on you and your wifes posts, because that sounds like you experience. I've been not posting on this forum probably longer than you have.

Prove me wrong.

1 hour ago, 1&done said:

See this is why I think danner and the king are life partners.

Anyone else and I feel the kings response would be something like, "oh look it's the north hills guys and all their tier II buddies mad that they got cut from preds" But he's not man enough to say that to his queen.

When did I say any kids got cut from the predators ? I know the north hills father.

as I told the father, if you want to make the preds you need to take lessons from gary or quest but that’s a completely different story that I did not speak about on here. 

there are some people here that know who I am in real life due to the info I gave about my 99. I’m not hiding behind a keyboard. 

we all want to see pro & youth hockey return, youth is not going to happen because of places like ice castle who are not following the rules put forth and of course, the dads that have to be there to watch tryouts. 

Just now, aaaahockey said:

Your quote (quoted fully in my post) said five kids twice. Better go back to your text messages and give us a better update. 

38 minutes ago, 1&done said:

Your kid(s) played hockey and you think based on their experience(s) you know the game. At some point one of them cracked a tier I roster and then you were a level 5 coach. After midgets it got really tough and it was time to sink or swim. Your boy(s) sunk out of favor and probably never cracked an acha I roster. 

I assume this based on you and your wifes posts, because that sounds like you experience. I've been not posting on this forum probably longer than you have.

Prove me wrong.

Well you could go research my post history or ask some of the old timers around here about my 99. If you want to get into hockey talk, I forgot more than you probably learned to this point. I will give you this free advice, playing for the predators won’t get your kid anywhere. Playing for esmark could help a little if he’s the top player, ppe is all that matters outside of Pittsburgh in the hockey world. There are kids with half the talent at ppe getting drafted over esmark kids. It’s because ppe runs the show. It’s that simple. 

4 hours ago, 1&done said:

If I were a predator dad don't you think I would have known how their tryouts worked?

You do. You just have a agenda. Clearly every post you have made is pro predators & ice castle. You wont admit (others have backed it up) that the north hills kids never were at ppe or esmark tryouts. You’ve contributed nothing to this thread but arguments. Enlighten us please on how to fix the covid situation, USA hockey’s problems, pa hockey problems. All you do is champion for the predators. This must be Johnny’s first year on the faux tier 1 team. 

I don't have any kids man, seriously. I also have no ties to preds. Believe what you want 

I would like to change my guess though. Not husband and wife do, but the king/danner are father and son. It makes even more sense. The apple doesn't fall to far from the tree.

56 minutes ago, Danner27 said:

I will give you this free advice, playing for the predators won’t get your kid anywhere. Playing for esmark could help a little if he’s the top player, ppe is all that matters outside of Pittsburgh in the hockey world. There are kids with half the talent at ppe getting drafted over esmark kids. It’s because ppe runs the show. It’s that simple. 

Sure but I knew that before you were born probably. Just flip PPE with old hornets program and it's been pretty much the same for at least the past two decades.

That's the problem with you and your old man bud, your advice isn't anything new and you don't know as much as either of you think.

2 hours ago, Danner27 said:

Well you could go research my post history or ask some of the old timers around here about my 99. If you want to get into hockey talk, I forgot more than you probably learned to this point. I will give you this free advice, playing for the predators won’t get your kid anywhere. Playing for esmark could help a little if he’s the top player, ppe is all that matters outside of Pittsburgh in the hockey world. There are kids with half the talent at ppe getting drafted over esmark kids. It’s because ppe runs the show. It’s that simple. 

As much as I can believe that, I have a hard time believing junior teams or whatever would pass up a better player for one that's not as good. 

59 minutes ago, nemesis8679 said:

As much as I can believe that, I have a hard time believing junior teams or whatever would pass up a better player for one that's not as good. 

80% of the players drafted & tendered never make it to the respective team.  

it’s all relative in the end, there is not a lot that separates these top players. If two players are equal in skill and skating the junior team usually will take the bigger kid. It’s just the way it is. 

to answer your question, there are so many kids beating down the top junior leagues. Have you ever been to a NAHL camp ? the final invite camp, not the money maker camps. There is 100 skaters. You have the top 10 players then the bottom 10 players, not much at all separates 11-90.  Connections, money & advisors is what determines Who the bottom half of a high end junior team is. 

4 hours ago, Danner27 said:

Well you could go research my post history or ask some of the old timers around here about my 99. If you want to get into hockey talk, I forgot more than you probably learned to this point. 

Ok, I know you or the boy won't answer honestly.

Hey old timers, did this guys 99 crack an NCAA I, NCAA III, or an ACHA I club roster? Or did I hit the nail on the head?

I just read an article the NHL plans to resume play August 1st. I personally agree with this quote, but I know others on here won't...

"The location of the hub hasn't been a consideration for any of the guys I talked to," the player said. "If we went to Vegas, it's not like guys were really expecting to be able to go play cards at the Cosmo, or whatever. The only reasons guys are going to opt out is for health, personal or family reasons."

At the end of our conversation, he added: "Hockey guys just aren't divas like that."

1 hour ago, Danner27 said:

80% of the players drafted & tendered never make it to the respective team.  

it’s all relative in the end, there is not a lot that separates these top players. If two players are equal in skill and skating the junior team usually will take the bigger kid. It’s just the way it is. 

to answer your question, there are so many kids beating down the top junior leagues. Have you ever been to a NAHL camp ? the final invite camp, not the money maker camps. There is 100 skaters. You have the top 10 players then the bottom 10 players, not much at all separates 11-90.  Connections, money & advisors is what determines Who the bottom half of a high end junior team is. 

True. You're right, not a lot separates many of those kids. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1&done said:

Ok, I know you or the boy won't answer honestly.

Hey old timers, did this guys 99 crack an NCAA I, NCAA III, or an ACHA I club roster? Or did I hit the nail on the head?

Drafted to the ushl, made a nahl team at 18 years old. Didn’t want to waste two years of his life playing junior hockey. Said screw it dad I’m done, I want to get on with my life. End of the short story version. 

37 minutes ago, aaaahockey said:

So after going back and reading Danners post history for my evening fun, I am 99% certain he and the King are the same person. 

I would think @The King Is mark madden before myself. Because he and I agree on some issues ? Probably know some of the same higher ups in hockey ? I guess it’s hard enough if one person tells you guys the truth let alone two. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Danner27 said:

Drafted to the ushl, made a nahl team at 18 years old. Didn’t want to waste two years of his life playing junior hockey. Said screw it dad I’m done, I want to get on with my life. End of the short story version. 

I asked the old timers. I figured you'd at least make another alt account. Seriously many do you post from? I'd guess danner27, the king, and citl20.

My point all along is that your son was granted more opportunities than most guys I know, yet when he got to the base of the mountain, saw what it would take to make it, he knew when it was time to quit. If he got draft as a PPE player everything things makes even more sense.

As a hockey guy, you and all your alts sound like divas to me. At least your son knew when it was time to quit. Take a hint.

52 minutes ago, 1&done said:

I asked the old timers. I figured you'd at least make another alt account. Seriously many do you post from? I'd guess danner27, the king, and citl20.

My point all along is that your son was granted more opportunities than most guys I know, yet when he got to the base of the mountain, saw what it would take to make it, he knew when it was time to quit. If he got draft as a PPE player everything things makes even more sense.

As a hockey guy, you and all your alts sound like divas to me. At least your son knew when it was time to quit. Take a hint.

He wasn’t handed anything, he worked for it. He no longer wanted it. I don’t have multiple accounts, try again. 

not to derail things, back to covid. Mass just canceled the senior chowder cup and all hockey. This is coming from their state government.  Friends there are telling me they don’t expect any hockey to be played until 2021.