The Costs of AAA Hockey

2 hours ago, Moj said:

THE O8'S AND 09'S ARE COACHED BY 2 FORMER HORNETS---1 MADE NHL---FROM THE 8'S TO THE 11'S THERE ARE 4 NHLERS COACHING-----NOT TO BAD EH

Didn't the 08 team just get pissed off because someone finally started reporting their losses to Myhockey and they dropped 8 spots. On top of that they a few more losses, ties and close games that are unreported ???. While they are a very good team they don't seem to be doing much better with their key acquisitions this season. They make fun of Pens and friends but the 08 team is pretty much their entire Mite team (Jets) from a few years back. I guess you could call them Jets and friends,  kind of has the same ring to it. 

8 hours ago, Pucks11 said:

Didn't the 08 team just get pissed off because someone finally started reporting their losses to Myhockey and they dropped 8 spots. On top of that they a few more losses, ties and close games that are unreported ???. While they are a very good team they don't seem to be doing much better with their key acquisitions this season. They make fun of Pens and friends but the 08 team is pretty much their entire Mite team (Jets) from a few years back. I guess you could call them Jets and friends,  kind of has the same ring to it. 

Pucks 11, you sound like a disgruntled parent with this post.....as it seems Jr. wasn’t able to crack the lineup for either of these teams (Jets or V)?  Anyone who follows the vengeance this closely, when their kid plays for Esmark, obviously has a bit of a jealousy issue.  ???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big Earn said:

Pucks 11, you sound like a disgruntled parent with this post.....as it seems Jr. wasn’t able to crack the lineup for either of these teams (Jets or V)?  Anyone who follows the vengeance this closely, when their kid plays for Esmark, obviously has a bit of a jealousy issue.  ???

Not at all but thank you for the concern and Esmark is way to far of a drive, Harmer would be my limit. I know Moj and most of the other parents personally so disgruntled,  no. Just throwing out some facts that apparently ruffled some feathers again. You don't have to hate or play for a team to defend or give facts negative or positive about them. I even said that the Vengeance have a great team, easily the best 08 in the city. This is a discussion board,  right? So instead of assuming something why don't you ask questions????????????

Edited by Pucks11

9 hours ago, Pucks11 said:

Your facts aren’t accurate and your intent to stir the pot has obviously drawn some attention to a thread that hasn’t been active since July.

Your posts back in Dec. enamoring Esmark over PPE suggests otherwise, but ok.....??

10 hours ago, Pucks11 said:

Played 26 games against top 10 teams

19 were in Pittsburgh.       When’s the last time a Pittsburgh team pulled that off

Beat Honeybaked 2 games

beat Cesars and tied them recently and. They were not added either

if all games were reported we would be in top 5

HORNETS ARE BACK

2 minutes ago, Moj said:

19 were in Pittsburgh.       When’s the last time a Pittsburgh team pulled that off

Beat Honeybaked 2 games

HORNETS ARE BACK

The 08’s in Pittsburgh are very deep

there are a lot of good players in the area

very hard lineup to crack

46 minutes ago, BACKCHECKING said:

Has anyone else heard that Esmark is trying to start a 09 and 10 birth year team next year? 

Wouldn't surprise me at all. They might as well field a '11 and '12 team too. Just eliminate the viper stars all together

1 hour ago, BACKCHECKING said:

Has anyone else heard that Esmark is trying to start a 09 and 10 birth year team next year? 

If you go to their website you can see it without hearing about it. They are trying for an 07 and 06 also. Pittsburgh is getting watered-down. The Hornets are trying to make a few of their teams AAA also. 

34 minutes ago, Moj said:

Beat Honeybaked 2 games

HORNETS ARE BACK

I know all of that, which is kind of why I asked why you are not posting the games. The Vengeance are easily the best 08 team so why hide games. Play the Pens and kick their ass. 

Your facts aren’t accurate and your intent to stir the pot has obviously drawn some attention to a thread that hasn’t been active since July.

Your posts back in Dec. enamoring Esmark over PPE suggests otherwise, but ok.....??

If you notice Moj made 3 comments to bring this subject up after months of being an inactive thread but thanks for trying buddy. 

Like I said this is supposed to be a DISCUSSION BOARD. That means I can have opinions on organizations without being a part of that organization. You know it's weird when you read up on organization websites and talk to different people at different organizations how much you can find out instead of drinking the Kool-aid and only having 1 opinion that is told the way you should feel. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Pucks11 said:

If you go to their website you can see it without hearing about it. They are trying for an 07 and 06 also. Pittsburgh is getting watered-down. The Hornets are trying to make a few of their teams AAA also. 

I wonder who they will have coach. Coaching has to be getting watered down in Pittsburgh as well.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Pucks11 said:

If you notice Moj made 3 comments to bring this subject up after months of being an inactive thread but thanks for trying buddy. 

Like I said this is supposed to be a DISCUSSION BOARD. That means I can have opinions on organizations without being a part of that organization. You know it's weird when you read up on organization websites and talk to different people at different organizations how much you can find out instead of drinking the Kool-aid and only having 1 opinion that is told the way you should feel. 

I don’t know what that means, but ok.  

Im not sure what you are getting upset about?  You continue to bring up this is a “discussion” board, so keep it that way.  Some people prefer the Kool-Aid pal, but everyone can do what they think is best for their kid.  Your opinions are your own, but when you try to roll false comments, expect a fact check.  V team has played easily a top 10 schedule, do you really think teams in Chicago or Detroit have only played 10 games all year??  Sure you don’t.....compare the V ‘08 team schedule with any other comparable in this area and it’s not even close.  I’m sure Moj can fill you in since your personal pals.  ??

Edited by Big Earn
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Big Earn said:

I don’t know what that means, but ok.  

Im not sure what you are getting upset about?  You continue to bring up this is a “discussion” board, so keep it that way.  Some people prefer the Kool-Aid pal, but everyone can do what they think is best for their kid.  Your opinions are your own, but when you try to roll false comments, expect a fact check.  V team has played easily a top 10 schedule, do you really think teams in Chicago or Detroit have only played 10 games all year??  Sure you don’t.....compare the V ‘08 team schedule with any other comparable in this area and it’s not even close.  I’m sure Moj can fill you in since your personal pals.  ??

You seem to be the one getting your panties up in a bunch,  I am by no means worked up or upset. You tell me that you are fact checking my comments but you have done nothing of the sort. No one here denied the schedule of the Vendor that they are easily the top team in the area, I personally said it 3 times. You are very defensive ???

9 minutes ago, Pucks11 said:

You seem to be the one getting your panties up in a bunch,  I am by no means worked up or upset. You tell me that you are fact checking my comments but you have done nothing of the sort. No one here denied the schedule of the Vendor that they are easily the top team in the area, I personally said it 3 times. You are very defensive ???

This entire conversation began with you accusing a local team of hiding games.  In no way was there a question posed, it was a statement insinuating that a team was upset that games that were counted cost them X-spots on a hockey ranking site.  You then went on to suggest that other “losses, ties, and close games are ? ?” as well.  So this is where the fact check comes about, none of this is correct.  Your buddy Moj further clarified the truth as well, so, you have now waffled into stating “3” times that this is a pretty good team.  I’m glad you’ve come around, class is over.  Enjoy your weekend.  

This entire conversation began with you accusing a local team of hiding games.  In no way was there a question posed, it was a statement insinuating that a team was upset that games that were counted cost them X-spots on a hockey ranking site.  You then went on to suggest that other “losses, ties, and close games are ? ?” as well.  So this is where the fact check comes about, none of this is correct.  Your buddy Moj further clarified the truth as well, so, you have now waffled into stating “3” times that this is a pretty good team.  I’m glad you’ve come around, class is over.  Enjoy your weekend.  

What class? There are still games that he didn't list and to answer your statement they went as far accusing one of the referees (who has 00 reasons to lie about it) of turning their losses in and were mad about it. 

There was no coming around to the Vengeance being the best local team at all I have stated that from the start. 

You have literally stated 0000000 facts. 

Go take another steroid shot buddy, we can see the veins popping out of your head. You sound like you were holding your weiner so hard waiting to post that class was closed so you could blast a load on your keyboard. 

33 minutes ago, Pucks11 said:

What class? There are still games that he didn't list and to answer your statement they went as far accusing one of the referees (who has 00 reasons to lie about it) of turning their losses in and were mad about it. 

There was no coming around to the Vengeance being the best local team at all I have stated that from the start. 

You have literally stated 0000000 facts. 

Go take another steroid shot buddy, we can see the veins popping out of your head. You sound like you were holding your weiner so hard waiting to post that class was closed so you could blast a load on your keyboard. 

Who’s “he”?  

Looks like your panties are in a bunch ?.....calm down pal, that last line is ridiculous and discredits you as a youth hockey know it all.  

The rankings aren’t even worth paying attention to this year for AAA. There are more than a few programs trying to fly under the radar by not reporting scores due to their states COVID protocols. I’m sure some don’t want to hear that. You see your kids team a top others and want that validation, especially if it’s another local team your squad is ahead of. I’m painting with a broad brush across most birth years, and this is not a shot at the Vengeance 08’s. They are obviously the deeper group. In a regular season, they would be ranked high(er). The coach and squad absolutely deserves any and all credit they get. 

As far as the vengeance being the new hornets. This is clown talk from a vengeance parent. The Vengeance mission statement may as well be “look at us, we are better than the pens, we do x and o and we do it the right way, we are different, look at us, our coaches played pro hockey”. 

That program is the most insecure program in youth hockey. I’ve watched livebarn across hundreds of rinks, I have never seen one completely locked down like Alpha is, due to Vengeance. 

There are also portions of that program that can be bought and sold with the worst of them. Parents with deep pockets running the show with some birth years etc. There are portions that aren’t on the up and up. Keyword portions. They have good people involved too, but things aren’t very consistent across the board. 

Danner could probably weigh in on this better than I could. But everyone is tired of hearing the Vengeance talk about the Vengeance. If you aspire to be the hornets, great, but you better start weeding out the turds and shadiness before you start making that claim about the program as a whole. 

Edited by ctil20
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, ctil20 said:

The rankings aren’t even worth paying attention to this year for AAA. There are more than a few programs trying to fly under the radar by not reporting scores due to their states COVID protocols. I’m sure some don’t want to hear that. You see your kids team a top others and want that validation, especially if it’s another local team your squad is ahead of. I’m painting with a broad brush across most birth years, and this is not a shot at the Vengeance 08’s. They are obviously the deeper group. In a regular season, they would be ranked high(er).

As far as the vengeance being the new hornets. This is clown talk from a vengeance parent. The Vengeance mission statement may as well be “look at us, we are better than the pens, we do x and o and we do it the right way, we are different, look at us”. 

That program is the most insecure program in youth hockey. I’ve watched livebarn across hundreds of rinks, I have never seen one completely locked down like Alpha is, due to Vengeance. 

There are also portions of that program that can be bought and sold with the worst of them. There are portions that aren’t on the up and up. Keyword portions. They have good people involved to, but things aren’t very cohesive across the board. 

Danner could probably weigh in on this better than I could. But everyone is tired of hearing the Vengeance talk about the Vengeance. 

Since this is a discussion board and we like to ask questions, ctil20, are you speaking from experience or through the lure of hockey hearsay like pucks11?  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Big Earn said:

Since this is a discussion board and we like to ask questions, ctil20, are you speaking from experience or through the lure of hockey hearsay like pucks11?  

I’ve been around for a while and just know what’s what. You will have to take my word for it. Didn’t want to get involved with the Vengeance/Pens debate.... but this subject seems to come up ad nauseum with Vengeance people. Giving a little hard core but factual feedback. 

again... 08 group is great. Coach and kids deserve all credit they get. 

Edited by ctil20
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ctil20 said:

I’ve been around for a while and just know what’s what. You will have to take my word for it. Didn’t want to get involved with the Vengeance/Pens debate.... but this subject seems to come up ad nauseum with Vengeance people. Giving a little hard core but factual feedback. 

again... 08 group is great. Coach and kids deserve all credit they get. 

This debate is certainly tiresome, my only gripe is people who aren’t apart of organizations that take to message boards, anonymously, and spew garbage. Certainly not suggesting this of you, ctil20, but others on this site.  

• Fist Bump 1

5 hours ago, BACKCHECKING said:

We all saw what happened several years ago with Esmark having the 06 team where they won one game and parents spent $20,000+ to fly to Nashville, etc.  You can’t make a group of AA players a AAA team and then expect them to compete against top 20 teams.  Posey has been recruiting for this 09 group for months. The Viper Stars 09 team there is barely A Major 

• ROTF 1