The Costs of AAA Hockey

On 2/12/2021 at 10:57 AM, Moj said:

Played 26 games against top 10 teams

19 were in Pittsburgh.       When’s the last time a Pittsburgh team pulled that off

Beat Honeybaked 2 games

beat Cesars and tied them recently and. They were not added either

if all games were reported we would be in top 5

HORNETS ARE BACK

You guys have played 26 games vs teams in the top 10 but only 5 of the 15 games listed are vs top 10 teams and you are 0-4-1. So you have at least 21 games that are not listed vs teams in the top 10 plus others maybe. 

Don't talk about being in the top 5 if you are barely in the top 10. 

Edited by Pucks11

10 hours ago, Pucks11 said:

You guys have played 26 games vs teams in the top 10 but only 5 of the 15 games listed are vs top 10 teams and you are 0-4-1. So you have at least 21 games that are not listed vs teams in the top 10 plus others maybe. 

You again?  What’s your beef with this team??  Since you know everything about the 08 Vengeance, do you also know teams out of MI, IL, etc have been playing non-sanctioned games?  Maybe that’s why you don’t see the full slate of games listed on this teams page, ever think of that ??  Take a look at the rankings, you of course already have, and you’ll see that all teams are missing games.  This is a top 5 team, nothing to debate.  What’s your kids team ranked? Maybe we should dissect their schedule......

Edited by Big Earn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Big Earn said:

You again?  What’s your beef with this team??  Since you know everything about the 08 Vengeance, do you also know teams out of MI, IL, etc have been playing non-sanctioned games?  Maybe that’s why you don’t see the full slate of games listed on this teams page, ever think of that ??  Take a look at the rankings, you of course already have, and you’ll see that all teams are missing games.  This is a top 5 team, nothing to debate.  What’s your kids team ranked? Maybe we should dissect their schedule......

Let's get this topic back to reality.  You are arguing over the ranking of a PeeWee team where there is no existence of a National Championship at that level.  So arguing whether a team is #1, #5 or #50 is pointless because at the end of the day, it means squat.

Argue about it in two years when this birth year is Bantam Major and can actually compete for something that is tangible and not arbitrary.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, HereWithPopcorn said:

Let's get this topic back to reality.  You are arguing over the ranking of a PeeWee team where there is no existence of a National Championship at that level.  So arguing whether a team is #1, #5 or #50 is pointless because at the end of the day, it means squat.

Argue about it in two years when this birth year is Bantam Major and can actually compete for something that is tangible and not arbitrary.

Aren’t you here with popcorn?  Title doesn’t make much sense if you are going to try to shut down the topics.....

2 hours ago, Big Earn said:

No beef I have said before that they are a great team but don't TALK about being a top 5 team unless you are going to prove it. What makes them a top 5 team if the record they show has them 0-4-1 against top 10 teams, 5-5-3 vs teams in the top 50??? 

The Pens are 14-4-5 vs top 50 teams so by your standards if the Vengeance are top 5 with  5-5-3 record vs top 50 then the Pens are easily top 3, right???

Mt Lebanon is 1-1-1 vs teams in the top 50 so they SHOULD be where in your eyes??

Esmark is 2-7 vs teams in the top 50 as a first year mutt team, where should they be??

Michigan and Illinois have 2 teams each ranked higher than the Vengeance and played just as many or more games. They don't seem to scared to list their games. ?

I am merely stating FACTS while you just go off the rails. 

Just because you yell louder,  it doesn't make you right. 

33 minutes ago, Pucks11 said:

No beef I have said before that they are a great team but don't TALK about being a top 5 team unless you are going to prove it. What makes them a top 5 team if the record they show has them 0-4-1 against top 10 teams, 5-5-3 vs teams in the top 50??? 

The Pens are 14-4-5 vs top 50 teams so by your standards if the Vengeance are top 5 with  5-5-3 record vs top 50 then the Pens are easily top 3, right???

Mt Lebanon is 1-1-1 vs teams in the top 50 so they SHOULD be where in your eyes??

Esmark is 2-7 vs teams in the top 50 as a first year mutt team, where should they be??

Michigan and Illinois have 2 teams each ranked higher than the Vengeance and played just as many or more games. They don't seem to scared to list their games. ?

I am merely stating FACTS while you just go off the rails. 

Just because you yell louder,  it doesn't make you right. 

Haha, That V team has played 2 teams all year that are below top 25, all other games are top 15.  Multiple wins against Fury, Cesars, Honeybaked, TI, OJG, “Spring” Gulls team, etc. Comparing this V team to PPE, Mt Lebo, or any other local team is laughable.  PPE has played a AA schedule at best.  Ask anyone up there if they are happy about their schedule.  Mt Lebo and other locals are playing a PAHL schedule.  Your kids team can play top 50, this V team has played a top 10 schedule.  As mentioned days ago, your facts are wrong, you need to get a better source.  

13 minutes ago, Big Earn said:

Haha, That V team has played 2 teams all year that are below top 25, all other games are top 15.  Multiple wins against Fury, Cesars, Honeybaked, TI, OJG, “Spring” Gulls team, etc. Comparing this V team to PPE, Mt Lebo, or any other local team is laughable.  PPE has played a AA schedule at best.  Ask anyone up there if they are happy about their schedule.  Mt Lebo and other locals are playing a PAHL schedule.  Your kids team can play top 50, this V team has played a top 10 schedule.  As mentioned days ago, your facts are wrong, you need to get a better source.  

Also, if you want more FACTS, there was a big showcase in Tampa this past weekend, you wouldn’t know that since AA teams weren’t there.  Anyway, HB was there, notice how they only listed one game?  They played 5 btw.  Mid Fairfield was there also, they played 5 games and listed 2. Cesars was there, they won the tournament, only listed 2 games played.....you get my point here. I can list the other top teams also, and their full 5 games played aren’t on MHR either.  

Edited by Big Earn

4 minutes ago, Big Earn said:

2 teams below the top 25??? Valley Forge is 27th (3 games), Washington capitals are 31st(1 game), Victory Honda 51st (1 game) and Birmingham 63rd (1 game). That makes 6 games vs teams outside of the top 25. Seriously buddy it take 2 min to find these things out. Get the Vengeance D**k out of your mouth, especially when you have proven time and time again that you literally have no idea what you are talking about. 

The PPE have played a AA schedule yet they have more wins/ games played vs the top 50 than the Vengeance ???

So now you are changing your statement that the Vengeance have played a top 5 schedule to a top 10 schedule when 10 of their 15 games listed are vs teams 12th-63rd. ???

I need to get a better source when I am literally using the rankings and their schedule posted as FACTS ✔✔✔. 

You have done nothing but act like a toddler covering their ears saying I can't hear you because you don't want to listen to their parents. 

10 minutes ago, Big Earn said:

Also, if you want more FACTS, there was a big showcase in Tampa this past weekend, you wouldn’t know that since AA teams weren’t there.  Anyway, HB was there, notice how they only listed one game?  They played 5 btw.  Mid Fairfield was there also, they played 5 games and listed 2.  I can list the other top teams also, and their full 5 games played aren’t on MHR either.  

Actually followed that pretty well and NONE of the teams listed 1 game, they all listed at least 2 games. But nice try, you can't even list facts when you read them yourself. Just stop trying,  you look stupid. I like how you are deflecting away from the Vengeance when you have nothing else to swallow from their Kool-aid . But but but but the other teams are doing it too and they are in the top 5 just like we should be. 

Edited by Pucks11

4 minutes ago, Pucks11 said:

2 teams below the top 25??? Valley Forge is 27th (3 games), Washington capitals are 31st(1 game), Victory Honda 51st (1 game) and Birmingham 63rd (1 game). That makes 6 games vs teams outside of the top 25. Seriously buddy it take 2 min to find these things out. Get the Vengeance D**k out of your mouth, especially when you have proven time and time again that you literally have no idea what you are talking about. 

The PPE have played a AA schedule yet they have more wins/ games played vs the top 50 than the Vengeance ???

So now you are changing your statement that the Vengeance have played a top 5 schedule to a top 10 schedule when 10 of their 15 games listed are vs teams 12th-63rd. ???

I need to get a better source when I am literally using the rankings and their schedule posted as FACTS ✔✔✔. 

You have done nothing but act like a toddler covering their ears saying I can't hear you because you don't want to listen to their parents. 

LMAO, you got it bud.  If you are a triple A team worrying about Top 50 teams, you aren’t what you think you are.  You obviously are too thick headed to understand that all these teams, V included, aren’t putting their schedule on the rankings, despite being repeatedly told.  You can yell the loudest with your perversions, but once again are looking like the fool that won’t listen.  I gave you all the info you need, take it or leave it.  

8 minutes ago, Pucks11 said:

Actually followed that pretty well and NONE of the teams listed 1 game, they all listed at least 2 games. But nice try, you can't even list facts when you read them yourself. Just stop trying,  you look stupid.  Keep drinking that Kool-aid. 

So they listed 2 games, but played 5. Again, this is my point.  I don’t sit for hours and study Pee-Wee rankings as apparently you do.  But you will find a way to dispute that also I’m sure.  Do us all a favor and move on.  

8 minutes ago, Big Earn said:

LMAO, you got it bud.  If you are a triple A team worrying about Top 50 teams, you aren’t what you think you are.  You obviously are too thick headed to understand that all these teams, V included, aren’t putting their schedule on the rankings, despite being repeatedly told.  You can yell the loudest with your perversions, but once again are looking like the fool that won’t listen.  I gave you all the info you need, take it or leave it.  

So according to your standards if you play even just 1 AA team then you are not playing a AAA schedule. Therefore the Vengeance played Birmingham which is the 63rd ranked team and also a AA team eliminates the Vengeance from being a top team and shouldn't be considered a AAA team. 

The Pens have played all AAA teams so according to YOUR standards they should be considered the ONLY AAA around here then. 

So because I am listing FACTS while you just say nah uh the whole time I look foolish. I bet if the Vengeance told you to jump off a bridge you would just ask which one without questioning them. 

I bet your kid gets cut next season, you don't see the GOOD kids parents on here slurping down the Vengeance juices. 

Studying Pee-wee rankings?? It takes 2 min to look at the rankings???

8 minutes ago, Pucks11 said:

So according to your standards if you play even just 1 AA team then you are not playing a AAA schedule. Therefore the Vengeance played Birmingham which is the 63rd ranked team and also a AA team eliminates the Vengeance from being a top team and shouldn't be considered a AAA team. 

The Pens have played all AAA teams so according to YOUR standards they should be considered the ONLY AAA around here then. 

So because I am listing FACTS while you just say nah uh the whole time I look foolish. I bet if the Vengeance told you to jump off a bridge you would just ask which one without questioning them. 

I bet your kid gets cut next season, you don't see the GOOD kids parents on here slurping down the Vengeance juices. 

Bro, they played Birmingham and VHonda because those teams were in the Little Cesars Tournament, not because they chose to, that’s how a tournament works.  

LET ME SPELL THIS OUT FOR YOU ONE LAST TIME- top teams are NOT listing all their games on the site, therefore, the rankings are skewed.  If you think this 08 V team is full of s**t and don’t deserve their due, good for you.  Otherwise, take your bad feelings and head home now, I’m off this pointless tirade.....  

I have been around for a long time and seen this conversation play out over and over. Mostly in rink lobbies and now on this message board. I have found it best to keep my mouth shut and let people experience the process and learn for themselves. Maybe I can share a couple things that will help with that process.

1. Non checking is not real hockey. Period. I can't tell you how many players I've seen that are top 5 AAA peewees and by 2nd year bantam are average AA players. Talking about a peewee team being top 5 is no different than talking about your kids roller hockey team being top 5.

2. There hasn't been a group of western PA kids being ranked top 5 in Bantam or Midget in a long time. Lets use the Pens u16  this year as an example. Really good team. 10 kids from PA, 3 from Canada, 3 from Illinois, 1 from Arizona, Indiana, Delaware, and Ohio. The top kids migrate to certain clubs for the exposure. New Jersey u16 has a similar situation. Its common amongst top 5 teams. So even if you are on one of these teams at peewee there's a 50/50 chance you wont be there when it matters. So u16 this year is 04's. Do you think the 04 parents that paid into that team since squirts and got cut when it mattered are still hanging out at the water cooler at work. No, they now realize they've made fools of themselves pounding their chests over the years about how great their kids were.

Calm down a little and make sure your kid is having fun. That's all.

• Like 5
  • Fist Bump 1

40 minutes ago, Big Earn said:

Bro, they played Birmingham and VHonda because those teams were in the Little Cesars Tournament, not because they chose to, that’s how a tournament works.  

LET ME SPELL THIS OUT FOR YOU ONE LAST TIME- top teams are NOT listing all their games on the site, therefore, the rankings are skewed.  If you think this 08 V team is full of s**t and don’t deserve their due, good for you.  Otherwise, take your bad feelings and head home now, I’m off this pointless tirade.....  

Why enter that tournament if you consider yourself a top team knowing those teams would be there???

So I am still waiting for you to hit me with some FACTS/FACT CHECKING that you have constantly claimed to do. You just keep yelling but haven't made a single point yet. 

1 simple question and let's see if you can answer it without the Vengeance nuts in your mouth. 

What makes a AAA team,  a AAA team??? The only team in Pittsburgh to play ALL AAA teams is the PPE but you consider them a AA team and they are ranked 16th. How many AAA teams are there in your eyes across the USA if the 16th ranked team is considered a AA team to you? 

35 minutes ago, BACKCHECKING said:

How about we give credit to both programs. Both programs have teams ranked in the top 20 in the (11s,10s,09s,08s). That is great for Pittsburgh Hockey.

The next discussion will probably be about the difference in each programs team cost to play per year VS the teams ranking. 

Everything is cheaper than PPE. There is no discussion there. 

Edited by Pucks11
  • 100 1

25 minutes ago, Pucks11 said:

Why enter that tournament if you consider yourself a top team knowing those teams would be there???

So I am still waiting for you to hit me with some FACTS/FACT CHECKING that you have constantly claimed to do. You just keep yelling but haven't made a single point yet. 

1 simple question and let's see if you can answer it without the Vengeance nuts in your mouth. 

What makes a AAA team,  a AAA team??? The only team in Pittsburgh to play ALL AAA teams is the PPE but you consider them a AA team and they are ranked 16th. How many AAA teams are there in your eyes across the USA if the 16th ranked team is considered a AA team to you? 

I’ll let you identify the teams in that LC’s tournament since you know all about this 08 V team.  Can you name any teams in the top 10 that any other local team in Pitt has played other than the Vengeance?  I’ll hang up and listen......

Your obsession with genitals is repulsive, btw.  

1 hour ago, Pucks11 said:

I guess I should just be happy that we are playing and back to arguing over which 12 year old are the best in the world.

Do you two even understand how the scores are reported and how the rankings are calculated?

18 hours ago, Pucks11 said:

LA Jr Kings 08 AAA (CA) 19-2-2 99.99 3.30 96.69

2 Mid-Fairfield Jr Rangers 08 AAA (CT) 12-5-5 98.92 2.14 96.78
Team Website
3 Little Caesars 08 AAA (MI) 10-3-1 98.86 2.57 96.29
Team Website
Chicago Fury 08 AAA (IL) 20-2-2 98.24 3.46 94.78

Chicago Mission 08 AAA (IL) 9-4-1 98.17 1.43 96.74
Team Website
Honeybaked 08 AAA (MI) 9-5-4 97.72 1.61 96.11

Top Gun (Elite) 08 AAA (NH) 24-8-5 97.60 1.38 96.22
Team Website Team Twitter
8 Minuteman Flames (Elite) 08 AAA (MA) 22-7-5 97.56 1.76 95.80

Boston Jr Eagles (Elite) 08 AAA (MA) 22-14-7 97.53 1.30 96.23
Team Website
Pittsburgh Vengeance 08 AAA (PA) 7-5-3 97.36 0.93 96.42

Athletic Performance Insight

2 hours ago, Big Earn said:

I’ll let you identify the teams in that LC’s tournament since you know all about this 08 V team.  Can you name any teams in the top 10 that any other local team in Pitt has played other than the Vengeance?  I’ll hang up and listen......

Your obsession with genitals is repulsive, btw.  

The Vengeance record vs top 10 teams as reported is 0-4-1, that doesn't make them a top 5 team. 

Since reading and comprehension doesn't seem to be your strong suit I will make this as simple of a question as possible for you. 

What makes a AAA team,  a AAA team if you consider the 16th ranked team in the USA a AA team???