Seeking input on ORG and RINK rating system

I would like to gather input for a possible addition to the site for the review/ratings of hockey ORGs and hockey RINKS.

All I am looking for is recommendations on review elements for each of the above.

Such as:

RINKS

Parking (rated 1-5)

Cleanliness of Bathrooms (1-5)

Cleanliness of Locker Rooms (1-5)

Condition of locker rooms (1-5)

appearance of facility exterior (1-5)

appearance of facility interior (1-5)

live hockey feed (livebarn or other)

Staff (1-5)

ORGS

Need your input here.

Please no other discussion of actual rinks or orgs here, just how we should look at reviewing things

I think the following could be included in the rink category:

-Ice quality

-Ice availability (only 1 sheet, multiple sheets)

-facility specific training options i.e. power skating, skills sessions, summer camps etc.. (not ran by organizations)

For organizations I would suggest things like:

-quality of coaching

-quality of practices/training

-off ice training provided?

-amount of practice times and ice availability (1 practice a week, multiple, etc)

-responsiveness to inquiries

I think this idea would be fantastic for newer parents, new people to the area or even people considering a change in organizations. Looking forward to other poster's input. I'm sure it will create a lot of discussion points! I'd be happy to help get this off the ground any way I can. Thanks Paul!

28 minutes ago, Paul Baxter said:

I would like to gather input for a possible addition to the site for the review/ratings of hockey ORGs and hockey RINKS.

All I am looking for is recommendations on review elements for each of the above.

Such as:

RINKS

Parking (rated 1-5)

Cleanliness of Bathrooms (1-5)

Cleanliness of Locker Rooms (1-5)

Condition of locker rooms (1-5)

appearance of facility exterior (1-5)

appearance of facility interior (1-5)

live hockey feed (livebarn or other)

Staff (1-5)

ORGS

Need your input here.

Please no other discussion of actual rinks or orgs here, just how we should look at reviewing things

For rinks - quality of ice! 

37 minutes ago, forbin said:

I think the following could be included in the rink category:

-Ice quality

-Ice availability (only 1 sheet, multiple sheets)

-facility specific training options i.e. power skating, skills sessions, summer camps etc.. (not ran by organizations)

For organizations I would suggest things like:

-quality of coaching

-quality of practices/training

-off ice training provided?

-amount of practice times and ice availability (1 practice a week, multiple, etc)

-responsiveness to inquiries

I think this idea would be fantastic for newer parents, new people to the area or even people considering a change in organizations. Looking forward to other poster's input. I'm sure it will create a lot of discussion points! I'd be happy to help get this off the ground any way I can. Thanks Paul!

Good points, thank you

This might give you some ideas:. The Athletic: NHL arena rankings: Grading every team's rink from best to worst.
https://theathletic.com/1903161/2020/07/08/nhl-arena-rankings-grading-every-teams-rink-from-best-to-worst/?source=rss

Also, I would think about concession stands at each rink PLUS what is around the rink locally which can be really important especially during tournaments. 

• Like 1