Coronavirus Survivors

Being that COVID-19 is such a deadly and vicious disease I was wondering if anyone could share their survival stories? What your quarantine has been like, how you've dealt with your symptoms, and the million dollar question, what now?

What follows after you've successfully completed your quarantine and are asymptomatic?

I'm not sure it's widespread enough that people on this board have actually had it. I personally know four individuals (3 adults and 1 child) who have had it according to test results.  The child had no symptoms whatsoever. All three adults had extremely minor symptoms (the worst lost her appetite for a few days and felt like she had the flu for about 4 days). None had any lasting effects.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aaaahockey said:

I'm not sure it's widespread enough that people on this board have actually had it. I personally know four individuals (3 adults and 1 child) who have had it according to test results.  The child had no symptoms whatsoever. All three adults had extremely minor symptoms (the worst lost her appetite for a few days and felt like she had the flu for about 4 days). None had any lasting effects.  

Just curious, do these folks still feel the need to social distance and wear masks? I would think they are stress free now!  Sometimes I think it would be better to take my chances and get it. 

3 hours ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Just curious, do these folks still feel the need to social distance and wear masks? I would think they are stress free now!  Sometimes I think it would be better to take my chances and get it. 

1 of them really can't social distance as part of their job. He does wear a mask but I think that's mostly work protocol.   The child is too young to make her own choices about it really. 

The other two adults I'd say social distance and wear masks out in public but definitely not around other people who are comfortable around them. 

37 minutes ago, Saucey said:

How is this thread related to hockey? Let's move the virus talk elsewhere. Lots of other places to discuss.

Great question!

For players reluctant or until more firm answers arise could an "opt out" similar to the likes of what has occurred in the NHL over the past couple days be mirrored in youth sports?

Perhaps it would allow asymptomatic individuals or those with fewer health related concerns peace of mind, while also allowing those with hesitancy or health risks more time to evaluate all information and opinions?