Gilmour Academy ~ handful of area kids

19 hours ago, Denis Lemiuex said:

What does this say about SSA. Same league but kids willing to leave the area. Yikes.

Boarding school is all about the aid package.  I know people that paid less than 10 for SSA.  And I know someone that paid half for a boarding school in VA for lacrosse.

23 hours ago, sadday4hockey said:

It says SSA is much more to difficult to get accepted into than Gilmour.

Two former AAA girls that I have ties to (both female) were accepted to SSA to play on their prep girls team, but the "aid" package still would have cost both >$18k a year including boarding.  Neither accepted as it was too expensive.  Both were subsequently cut from PPE.   The other 2-3 girls who were on their PPE team and accepted the SSA spot were kept on the PPE team.

(At the time the head coach of PPE girls was also the head coach of SSA girls).

Edited by Scooby Doo

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, whatever said:

How about, if you want to play some form of Junior hockey  - your chances are better if you go to Gilmour

I would agree with this statement. Gilmour has really fallen off the past few years though. SSA has really never been taken serious by real junior programs, great academic school.  

12 hours ago, Danner27 said:

I would agree with this statement. Gilmour has really fallen off the past few years though. SSA has really never been taken serious by real junior programs, great academic school.  

By falling off - do you mean from moving on to Juniors?  Last year they had a forward go directly to the USHL and had a commitment to Brown and I saw yesterday their goalie from last year just signed with Waterloo in the USHL. They had a few NAHL draft picks last year and a few this year including a 2cnd round draft pick.  Their social media is full of advancement posts for their prep team players this year.   

2 hours ago, whatever said:

By falling off - do you mean from moving on to Juniors?  Last year they had a forward go directly to the USHL and had a commitment to Brown and I saw yesterday their goalie from last year just signed with Waterloo in the USHL. They had a few NAHL draft picks last year and a few this year including a 2cnd round draft pick.  Their social media is full of advancement posts for their prep team players this year.   

Esmark’s social media is also full of advancement posts. Do some research and you will see 90% of the these kids never make it to the junior team that tendered, drafted or signed them. 3/4th of this past seasons 18U PPE team was drafted into the ncdc last month. Granted, we are not talking about Canadian majors. The ushl or even nahl but that was a bad PPE team. In reality there is one kid (defense) that will probably make the ncdc out of that group.

by falling off, I am talking about getting the best players. They don’t carry the weight the once did, better players are going to culver and other schools. Gilmour is also really influenced by the dollar now.