So it starts

49 minutes ago, Quinlan2020 said:

But he didn't specifically say "high School". Did he? It sounded like he said all sports

Correct, he did not (see article below), and a direct quote from the article:

Wolf said. “And we ought to do anything we can to defeat that virus, so anytime we get together for any reason, that’s a problem because it makes it easier for that virus to spread. “So, the guidance from us -- the recommendation is that we don’t do any sports until January 1.”

https://wjactv.com/news/local/gov-wolf-recommends-no-pa-sports-for-the-rest-of-the-year

Hmmmmm, the Governor just came out and said he is recommending that "we don't do any sports for the rest of the year".  And we all know that when he recommends something that doesn't mean it will absolutely happen, oh wait yea it does.

I am sure that baseball and lacrosse will be exempt from this of course. :classic_biggrin:

Man, it sucks when I am right, now I know how the King feels...……….

9 minutes ago, forbin said:

A recommendation is not a mandate.

Also, why the first of the year? If anything, the cases will go up and be worse because of the holidays and everything involved in that. 

Yep, the Governors "recommendations" don't always happen :classic_biggrin:

Again, we'll see...……………..

6 minutes ago, Eddie Shore said:

Yep, the Governors "recommendations" don't always happen :classic_biggrin:

Again, we'll see...……………..

Not saying it won't happen or that you're wrong there, King Jr.

I am just saying it sounds like he doesn't want to be held accountable for it so he will let the organizations and associations make the decision as of now.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, forbin said:

Not saying it won't happen or that you're wrong there, King Jr.

I am just saying it sounds like he doesn't want to be held accountable for it so he will let the organizations and associations make the decision as of now.

I agree. I doubt all organizations/rinks will follow his recommendation, but who knows what PAHL and PIHL will do. Probably will just play scrimmages until January but at that point, theres only 2-3 months left in the season.

4 minutes ago, Quinlan2020 said:

Governor may still take it a step further and impose restrictions. Perhaps, organizations like PAHL & PIHL will make self-imposed restrictions and make it less likely for the state to impose harsher ones.

Yeah thats a high possibility. If PIHL complies with the recommendation, we won't be seeing high school hockey anytime soon. Unfortunate for those kids... but who knows what PAHL will do, I guess we'll find out sooner than later. AAA teams have the best shot of playing, or AA teams participating in tournaments out of state, but those also have a high chance of getting canceled.

1 minute ago, Danner27 said:

Party lines & the election 

Disagree. 2021 is just an artificial deadline. It gives hope that there will be some flexibility by then based on the situation. Things may be worse or things may be better. It's no secret that politics is involved in a lot of what is said, but it does no good to discuss it here. It just pushes people's buttons.

I having a feeling this along with PSU’s stance on no fans for football will pretty much knock the State College market out of hockey this year.

Government owned/funded facilities like Kirk Nevin, Ebensburg, Beaver, Hess, Indiana, Johnstown etc immediately come into jeopardy (given the response given to uncooperative officials in Lebanon county). 

Just my guesses.  I’m a lot more pessimistic than optimistic right now. 

1 hour ago, BeaverFalls said:

I having a feeling this along with PSU’s stance on no fans for football will pretty much knock the State College market out of hockey this year.

Government owned/funded facilities like Kirk Nevin, Ebensburg, Beaver, Hess, Indiana, Johnstown etc immediately come into jeopardy (given the response given to uncooperative officials in Lebanon county). 

Just my guesses.  I’m a lot more pessimistic than optimistic right now. 

My son has a very close friend whom was to be a freshmen this year for the PSU ncca d1 Hockey team. Currently, the school is working on reversing his admissions, the coaching staff has advised him to go back to the USHL For his final eligible junior season. This was just communicated today to the family. It’s my understanding they are telling all incoming freshman hockey players this. 

Pittsburgh City Schools just canceled sports until Jan 1st, 2022. This doesn’t surprise me though, The Pittsburgh Public School system is HUGE when it comes to party politics. 

is carrick part of Pittsburgh City schools ? They have a co op hockey team with a few suburban schools, how does this effect the suburban schools that are still going ahead with sports ? (If they are) They play under the carrick banner hanging at ice castle. 

9 hours ago, Danner27 said:

Pittsburgh City Schools just canceled sports until Jan 1st, 2022. This doesn’t surprise me though, The Pittsburgh Public School system is HUGE when it comes to party politics. 

is carrick part of Pittsburgh City schools ? They have a co op hockey team with a few suburban schools, how does this effect the suburban schools that are still going ahead with sports ? (If they are) They play under the carrick banner hanging at ice castle. 

Jan 1, 2022?????

9 hours ago, Danner27 said:

Carrick is part of the City League for regular PIAA sports, but have always been independent from it because of their co-op status for hockey since they started in the mid-90's.  Currently they are made up of Carrick, Brashear and Allderdice from the city and then Steel Valley, West Mifflin, Carlynton and Brentwood for their co-op districts.

2 hours ago, Eddie Shore said:

You scared the absolute crap outta me

@Eddie Shore Get ready, as you & I have said since april, sports are all about the be over. The piaa is going to decide all of pa’s fate, even club sports. There was only a handful of us from the start stating this. I think the @The King was also one as I got accused of being his alt account. 

15 minutes ago, Danner27 said:

@Eddie Shore Get ready, as you & I have said since april, sports are all about the be over. The piaa is going to decide all of pa’s fate, even club sports. There was only a handful of us from the start stating this. I think the @The King was also one as I got accused of being his alt account. 

PIAA announced that they will be pausing the season for two weeks and it is requesting further discussions with the state. I expect a compromise to what I have been suggesting. There won't be any competitions involving contact. Contact sports [like hockey] will only be allowed to do conditioning & individual skill drills until further notice.