So it starts

Blackhawk High School Covid Outbreak shutting down all sports. PIAA will cancel this week no HIgh School Hockey or High School Sports.

Also AAA looking bleak rumors out there only 25 players with Officials for each game allowed no schedules yet and everything being pushed back.

Michigan and New York nobody skating or playing football.

10 hours ago, PeterThePuck said:

Blackhawk High School Covid Outbreak shutting down all sports. PIAA will cancel this week no HIgh School Hockey or High School Sports.

Also AAA looking bleak rumors out there only 25 players with Officials for each game allowed no schedules yet and everything being pushed back.

All the Michigan tier 1 teams have scheduled to play in Ohio until the new year. AAA will happen for teams in the hphl, t1ehl & naphl - to much money at stake. Independent teams such as the predators whom rely on Detroit tournaments will have a hard time finding games. PPE is still up in the air. 

The local leagues such as pihl & pahl, you are more than likely correct here. I am not hearing anything positive. 

10 hours ago, PeterThePuck said:

PS - I wouldn’t call ONE football player getting covid an outbreak. Stay away from the beaches, dummies. 

12 hours ago, PeterThePuck said:

Western PA AAA teams have scheduled games locally and within neighboring states, they simply have not posted the schedules ( which may be intentional ).  This includes games with western NY teams.

Edited by fafa fohi

22 minutes ago, Racchi’s Rug said:

If you think the officiating is suspect now, wait until there’s one referee and zero linesmen managing a AAA game. Hope the zebras ate their wheaties. Perhaps they’d do a 2 man but with the primary focus being on the players and 25 people max I can’t see it.

Not all states are like this, Ohio is operating normal. 

32 minutes ago, forbin said:

Do neighboring states have similar restrictions to the number of people on the ice? Seems like it would piss a lot of players and parents off if their kid is essentially a healthy scratch for half the season....

Every state is different. Since the hphl is made up of Michigan & Illinois teams, the league has already moved everything out of state until the first of the year.

13 minutes ago, miked said:

not yet

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/big-ten-says-no-vote-has-been-held-despite-expectations-league-will-cancel-fall-2020-season/

and cancelling the FALL season does not mean they are cancelling THE season. As mentioned the revenue streams will not be passed on and they will most likely attempt some sort of Spring season. 

PSU sent out a email to their athlete’s today saying the season is canceled. As I mentioned earlier, incoming hockey freshman were told to try and return to their junior teams if still eligible.   

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Danner27 said:

Here is how a recommendation turns into a mandate. This is confusing, what did the wild things do wrong ? 

https://www.wtae.com/article/washington-wild-things-told-by-state-police-to-stop-playing-immediately-or-face-enforcement-actions/33567246

The article made no attempt to mention what the alleged wrongdoing was. 

10 hours ago, nemesis8679 said:

The article made no attempt to mention what the alleged wrongdoing was. 

What was the wrong doing ? The wild things had a state order they could go to 2,500 people. When there was a spike they took caution on their own lowering it to 250 people. Am I missing something in the article ? I went to a wild things game two summers ago, There couldn’t have been more than 300 people. 

On 8/10/2020 at 2:00 PM, Danner27 said:

The Big 10 canceled football for the season - not even on hold, CANCELED! One of the biggest money making FPS conferences. 

this information is incorrect. the Detroit Free Press started it, Dan Patrick continued it, even going so far as to name the 2 schools that voted against, but the Big 10 had never held this vote. the vote occurred today and it was determined to POSTPONE the fall sports season. Nebraska and Ohio State football are already looking into playing a non Big 10 schedule. On advice from the chair of their medical advisory group, the ACC is still planning to play starting Sept 12th. Personally i expect her to be removed shortly and replaced with someone who tows the line. all others will fear speaking in favor of playing and quickly follow suit and there will be no fall sports from any conference.

7 hours ago, Danner27 said:

What was the wrong doing ? The wild things had a state order they could go to 2,500 people. When there was a spike they took caution on their own lowering it to 250 people. Am I missing something in the article ? I went to a wild things game two summers ago, There couldn’t have been more than 300 people. 

what they did wrong was show success in the face of the lock down battle cry. it's not about safety, science or economy. It's about an election campaign that wants everything to stop no matter what damage it causes, so they can say, well, if the pandemic was handled correctly in the first place, little Johnny wouldn't have had to miss his senior season, or you wouldn't have gone bankrupt, etc... so vote for me.  

covid is dangerous. so is driving to work. we now live in a world where we have to protect ourselves against both. there is no vaccine and there may never be (no matter what Russia claims). in march we didn't have much information and it was spreading like crazy so we had to take drastic measures. we now know the spreading mechanism and how to slow, even possibly prevent, transmission. it's time to start living life again. I mean who here stopped having sex because of AIDS? You put on a condom and plunged forward into the "new normal".

• Like 2

Might be old news to some here but USA Hockey is leaving it up to its districts and MidAm is leaving it up to its local organizations. I heard from the president of a PAHL organization directly today that they have a meeting scheduled this week to discuss the plan moving forward. He wouldn’t go into specifics but a modified 4v4 format was suggested...

1 hour ago, miked said:

did wrong was show success in the face of the lock down battle cry. it's not about safety, science or economy. It's about an election campaign that wants everything to stop no matter what damage it causes, so they can say, well, if the pandemic was handled correctly in the first place

wait so the entire world shut billion dollar industries down so they can blame trump too? nonsense. the college sports industry alone is losing millions if not billions. asia, europe all over the globe events have been cancelled and postponed. is the fear overblown? no one knows. i’m willing to take my chances but your horizons need broadened. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mysonisagoalie said:

Apparently there is a local high school hockey tournament going on right now. The Binnie's PEOC U-18 Invitational. Saw a Facebook post that West Allegheny is playing Penn Trafford in the championship game today. Anybody know anything about this tournament?

If it’s in Warrendale, That’s the one I was told rules were changed last minute - Michigan rules. (No contact 4 on 4 only 10 players per team)