So it starts

47 minutes ago, Danner27 said:

Because I do not know this to be 100% true, there is always three sides to every story in a situation like this. the information was expressed to me by a friend at this school. I trust what she had to say. No need to name the school, if it’s true everyone will know in a week or so. I’ve heard similar stories out of two other school hockey programs, that’s is why I put the information out there. 

Montour was not the school I was referring to BUT a friend over there was just informed by the school that classes for his daughter have been canceled for first 9 weeks, they will now be online due to a cheerleader getting covid (sounds like another beach party thing) This to me, makes me feel more confident about the rumors I have heard about three different schools shutting sports down regardless what piaa decides. It’s all going to be decided by the teachers and admin, If they are libs ( as most agenda pushing teachers are ) don’t expect your school to have sports. It will be similar to how states have all handled things differently. Not just for the sake of sports, but all kids I’m hoping To be proven completely wrong. 

1 hour ago, Danner27 said:

Montour was not the school I was referring to BUT a friend over there was just informed by the school that classes for his daughter have been canceled for first 9 weeks, they will now be online due to a cheerleader getting covid (sounds like another beach party thing) This to me, makes me feel more confident about the rumors I have heard about three different schools shutting sports down regardless what piaa decides. It’s all going to be decided by the teachers and admin, If they are libs ( as most agenda pushing teachers are ) don’t expect your school to have sports. It will be similar to how states have all handled things differently. Not just for the sake of sports, but all kids I’m hoping To be proven completely wrong. 

libs? teachers? OK. Way to throw a turd in the middle of the room during an, otherwise, civilized discussion. There are plenty of other forums for political, culture war BS. 

• Like 2

BREAKING NEWS: Allegheny County says the outdoor gathering limit of 50 still applies to sports, but teams on the sidelines and the players on the field each count as three individual gatherings, or "pods."

====

So, wonder if this could be applied to indoor....each bench is a pod, game ice is a pod, penalty box is a pod... ?

Edited by powderfinger
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, powderfinger said:

BREAKING NEWS: Allegheny County says the outdoor gathering limit of 50 still applies to sports, but teams on the sidelines and the players on the field each count as three individual gatherings, or "pods."

====

So, wonder if this could be applied to indoor....each bench is a pod, game ice is a pod, penalty box is a pod... ?

No way that happens. Hockey is on thin ice as it is, being an indoor contact sport.

54 minutes ago, Quinlan2020 said:

libs? teachers? OK. Way to throw a turd in the middle of the room during an, otherwise, civilized discussion. There are plenty of other forums for political, culture war BS. 

Sometimes, the truth can be very unkind. 

I guess everything will be great now. I hope the football, basketball & hockey teams can advise the marching bands how to enjoy their activity more. They practice in small, socially distanced groups and wear masks unless their actively blowing their horns. The sports teams need to demonstrate to the musicians how to safely breath in each others faces. They also won't be allowed to actually perform in the stadium. 

• Confused 1

Just now, PeterThePuck said:

What is the over and under date when sports in PA shuts down.

i give 10-6-20 the date 

Taking the under when all this shuts down.

Oct 1st - taking the under. It’s schools that will shut their programs down. 

NY and MI there no Fall Sports Football and No Hockey.

Out in Philadelphia 25 indoor rule parents not allowed.

Hmmmmm!

Heard in Pittsburgh same thing Indoor 25 except Harmarville.

I guess we go to Ohio and play those teams 20 times and have practice.

Rinks are lying and taking everyone $$$ and nobody $**t about it.

PIHL Meets on Monday Where is PAHL

Where is the direction of USA Hockey the most expensive sport and these Rinks take your Money.

This is the season of the big FAKE OUT.

Hockey down at every rink Mom and Dad couldn’t work concerts, PNC Park and Heinz Field no hockey for little Johnny and Karen.

PPE The Chicago Group created this Monster with expense of Hockey local rinks followed like Fatted Cows stuck it up everyone **S.

SHUT IT ALL DOWN Let them go Bankrupt.

That will bring down the cost down.

In the East, DVHL has pushed the start date to Oct.  3.  Looks like NJYHL did the same.  AYHL does not have any games showing n their site yet.  In all cases, practices are occurring and there are a handful of non-league games being scheduled as of right now.

Silver sticks regionals are still listed to take place starting Sep 11, though not many teams are registered and the main Silver Sticks is not happening as of right now.

On 8/5/2020 at 6:28 PM, Quinlan2020 said:

Conditioning & skill sharpening.

Speaking of which, I've recently been toying with the idea of trying my hand at air hockey, now that 'normal' sporting has been put on hold till 2021.

I recently discovered that air hockey is actually a professional sport so that's interesting. Do you think playing air hockey could in some way help in sharpening my ice hockey skills? I have been familiarizing myself with some playing strategies here https://gametablesguide.com/air-hockey-strategies/ and some seem to cross over to ice hockey. 

What do you guys think? Should I go ahead or will that just be a waste of my time?

• Haha 1
  • ROTF 1

5 minutes ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Does anyone know if Alpha is still having their Tournament this weekend? 08 to 11 AAA teams. If they are it would be interesting to see what format they are using for play.

No live Barn at Alpha so no parents or spectators would be a real bummer.

I think Alpha may have Live Barn now

2 hours ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Does anyone know if Alpha is still having their Tournament this weekend? 08 to 11 AAA teams. If they are it would be interesting to see what format they are using for play.

No live Barn at Alpha so no parents or spectators would be a real bummer.

From their website they are requesting only one parent per player for their general rules. 

I had thought I had seen on a flyer they were going to be full roster games but can’t find that right now. Was not USA hockey sanctioned from my understanding but must’ve gotten insurance elsewhere.