14u divisions FPP

The Bantam game I saw had 3 or 4, 2 and 10's. anything that was remotely a hit from behind or head contact was called. I did not think any of them were aggressive on the kids part. The refs were not giving an inch on those two calls. Give them a thumbs up, weather you like it or not they were consistent.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JOFAFAN said:

The Bantam game I saw had 3 or 4, 2 and 10's. anything that was remotely a hit from behind or head contact was called. I did not think any of them were aggressive on the kids part. The refs were not giving an inch on those two calls. Give them a thumbs up, weather you like it or not they were consistent.  

It’s a shame though. The refs decide to make the game about them instead of the kids 

18 hours ago, Icebucket said:

It’s a shame though. The refs decide to make the game about them instead of the kids 

How are the refs making the game about them. Is it about the kids if they don't make any calls, then you are bitching they suck. If they called a consistent game, that is a good thing. The kids know what is and is not a penalty. They are teaching the kids what is right and wrong. If a kid takes a shot to the head is it ok, as long as it is not your kid?

• Like 1

Just now, Saucey said:

Which bantam division? Across the board, it seems it is hard to earn your FPP this season. Perhaps checking should just be removed from the game entirely.

And I am not blaming refs, this is consistent across the board and appears they have been instructed to call games in a specific manner.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I know this was posted awhile ago but I was board today and now that the season is well underway I thought it would be a good time to do some investigating. Below are the percentage of FPP received at each level of play.

18AA - 77.2%

18 A Major - 61.8%

18 A Minor - 64.5%

16AA - 64.4%

16 A Major Black - 75.4%

16 A Major Gold - 67.9%

16 A Minor - 78.1%

14 AA Major - 71.4%

14 AA Minor - 76.4%

14 A Major Black - 83.3%

14 A Major Gold - 80.8%

14 A Minor Black - 75.0%

14 A Minor Gold - 80.2%

14 B - 89.7%

In almost every case where the overall average is below 70% it's a result of 2-3 teams that's drastically bring down the whole division. While I didn't have time to look up the past season for an accurate comparison on the surface it looks like most teams/players are doing a good job adjusting to the FPP rules as most teams are getting the majority of their available FPPs. It also looks like this notion expressed in many posts that the refs are calling more 2/10 penalties is way off base. I can only assume that those post were a result of games where the handful of teams that don't play disciplined hockey were involved. I also found it interest that the 14U division had some of the best numbers even though this started as a discussion about Bantam teams not getting many FPPS.  

• Like 1

For years and years, PAHL has included the number of penalty minutes per team ion their website.  Why omit it this season?  Those facts would definitely be interesting to see.  Especially at the U16AA level.  One of the team has 5 FPP out of 14 and another 6 of 14.  I heard that one of the two teams can’t end a game with less than 30-40 PIM (if not more.)

• Like 1