PPE - no games this season???

7 hours ago, Pucks11 said:

Seems like all the BIG programs except the PPE are starting to play. That's a big price tag to split ice and practice 2-3 months into the season. 

I don't know what the Pens told their parents, but there shouldn't be a single one of us writing any check to any organization who wasn't aware that there is a huge risk that your kid might not get games this season. So I am sure their parents were aware, regardless of what you might have been told and were still willing to risk it. They told their kids they couldn't play school sports, however, due to Covid. That I would be pretty mad about. If they can get some games in, let them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Danner27 said:

Thanks @fafa fohi that’s a very weak schedule for a “AAA” team, not many games for 3 months. 

I think teams are scheduling games with teams that can and are willing to play games more so than playing a tough schedule as many of the traditional top teams are on lock down.  

20 minutes ago, fafa fohi said:

I think teams are scheduling games with teams that can and are willing to play games more so than playing a tough schedule as many of the traditional top teams are on lock down.  

I know the Michigan big names bought up all the ice 4 hours north of Detroit, in one of the lone counties completely open. Assuming they are using that ice for hphl games.

7 hours ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Puckcovid19, Do you know if the player that tested positive for Covid at South Fayette is back on the ice yet and did they have any additional cases?  did any of the other players have to isolate?

yes back on the ice now, no additional cases as school stepped in and shut program down for 2 weeks

• 4 weeks later...

Still no games for PPE!  Does anyone know if they have anything scheduled this weekend and if they have eased up on the restrictions at UPMC Rink? Last I heard they were still being very strict with all the requirements.  I would sure be unhappy if I were a PPE parent with no games at this point.  Maybe all the practices will make them better! Most AAA teams in this area seem to have at least 4 and as many as 8 recorded games already.

On 8/18/2020 at 4:04 PM, dazedandconfused said:

Okay, I'll take the bait. You let me know the first time that you hear of any of their teams actually playing a game under the PPE name. Not scheduling a game, but actually playing a game.

Read the thread above. I also posted somewhere around here sep 29th would be the day ppe announces everything. I was off by 4 days.