Any Games

3 hours ago, lurch8 said:

To step away from the political side of things...anyone out there hearing of any games being played within our ranks?  How are teams looking, who should be good this year, AAA, AA, A Major, anything.

I would expect PAHL within the age groups where PPE terminated their Black teams to be pretty competitive, as most of those players had to look elsewhere and have landed on various PAHL AA or independent AA / AAA teams.

Edited by fafa fohi
  • Like 1

I would agree, I would expect AA to be competitive this year.  How many Independent AA teams are there?  When you say independent do you mean they only play independent games?  No PAHL?  Who is considered AA Independent around us?  I know the PAHL AA teams will play some games independently but still play the PAHL schedule.

3 hours ago, lurch8 said:

I would agree, I would expect AA to be competitive this year.  How many Independent AA teams are there?  When you say independent do you mean they only play independent games?  No PAHL?  Who is considered AA Independent around us?  I know the PAHL AA teams will play some games independently but still play the PAHL schedule.

Last year Icemen 05, 18U and Viper Stars 05, 06 BY and U15 teams played as a AA Tier 2.  Don't know about this year.

The question I have is if PAHL shuts it down will some AA teams opt into registering as an independent Tier 2 so they can get games in?  Or will that cause a "negative" reflection of said organization?  

Edited by fafa fohi

• 3 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Anybody hear of any games this weekend?  I know there were some out of town tournaments.  Too early for My Hockey Rankings.  I thought I heard that Preds played the Vengenance. Maybe 06 AAA .  Sure would be nice if Alpha got Live Barn.

Why don't they have it?? 

3 hours ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Anybody hear of any games this weekend?  I know there were some out of town tournaments.  Too early for My Hockey Rankings.  I thought I heard that Preds played the Vengenance. Maybe 06 AAA .  Sure would be nice if Alpha got Live Barn.

05 Hornets aaa beat Preds 05 AAa 4-3 Saturday night.

The next morning Preds smoked Lebo something to the tune of 6-1!!!!

5 hours ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Live barn is turned off at a lot of places locally so they don't get in trouble for hosting games, scrimmages or to big of practices. Teams are playing, there was a local team that played 5 games last weekend at home. As long as Tattle Tale Tina keeps their mouth shut, people will be fine. But can you blame teams for keeping their games a secret. 

With all the secret games, scrimmages, classes and practices going on since this all started and even the stuff not held in secret there have been what 3-5 confirmed cases from kids that played hockey in Western PA. 

• Like 3

Well it looks like the Icemen U15-AAA team had a few tight ones over the past weekend in Cleveland.  They went 5-0 with a combined score of 40-1 with four shutouts.  

The Rock City Steel Kings, a U16-AA team lost to the Icemen twice by a combined score of 27-0, which only proves teams are playing other teams they would not play under normal circumstances and those that can play games are scrambling just to play, especially with teams in OH.  So lopsided wins may be more frequent moving forward.

https://www.yetisicemen.com/schedule/team_instance/5458664?subseason=675374

6 hours ago, fafa fohi said:

Well it looks like the Icemen U15-AAA team had a few tight ones over the past weekend in Cleveland.  They went 5-0 with a combined score of 40-1 with four shutouts.  

The Rock City Steel Kings, a U16-AA team lost to the Icemen twice by a combined score of 27-0, which only proves teams are playing other teams they would not play under normal circumstances and those that can play games are scrambling just to play, especially with teams in OH.  So lopsided wins may be more frequent moving forward.

https://www.yetisicemen.com/schedule/team_instance/5458664?subseason=675374

Looks like the 16uAAA lost to the AA PAHL 16u lebo team and the 16uAA ashburn team in Ohio as well. How are they still calling themselves AAA?

• Like 1

The 16U AA Mt Lebanon team tied Team Ohio, who had split one-goal games with 16U AAA Mt lebanon the weekend before.

Based on that, the AA and AAA ML teams are pretty similar. What happened - did AAA team lose some players to high school this year or is the AA team just good?

Just now, Loach said:

The 16U AA Mt Lebanon team tied Team Ohio, who had split one-goal games with 16U AAA Mt lebanon the weekend before.

Based on that, the AA and AAA ML teams are pretty similar. What happened - did AAA team lose some players to high school this year or is the AA team just good?

I hate repeating myself, if it’s not PPE it’s not real “AAA”, esmark enters the conversation at midget. The rest is just glorified AA hockey. 

the 18U “AAA” icemen lost a few games to “AA” teams last weekend, one being the local predators team. 

Yeah, but I'm not asking how the ML AAA team compares to PPE or other tier 1 teams in other states.  I don't disagree with you regarding faux AAA teams.

The AAA and AA ML teams both played Team Ohio with pretty much the same result. As both are from the same organization, presumably the AAA team had its pick of this pool of players, with the leftovers going to the AA team. Also, in years past, the 04 ML team has been strong compared to other AA teams and the second ML team in that age group. 

So, I found it surprising , and I was just wondering if it was just a fluke or something crazy going on in ML this year like some of the better kids deciding they wanted to play with the AA coach instead of the AAA one.

3 hours ago, Loach said:

Yeah, but I'm not asking how the ML AAA team compares to PPE or other tier 1 teams in other states.  I don't disagree with you regarding faux AAA teams.

The AAA and AA ML teams both played Team Ohio with pretty much the same result. As both are from the same organization, presumably the AAA team had its pick of this pool of players, with the leftovers going to the AA team. Also, in years past, the 04 ML team has been strong compared to other AA teams and the second ML team in that age group. 

So, I found it surprising , and I was just wondering if it was just a fluke or something crazy going on in ML this year like some of the better kids deciding they wanted to play with the AA coach instead of the AAA one.

Maybe the AA kids parents didn't kiss the right butt to get on the team.  Seems like everyone knows whose butt to kiss to make "aaa" at lebo. 

• Like 1

I heard the U14 AAA Barons, SHAHA and 07 Icemen went 2-0 this weekend and U16 Icemen had two ties.  Nothing on PPE or Vengeance - any news on them?  

What are PAHL teams doing at this point?  Roadies to neighboring states that allow hockey games the way they are supposed to be played?

Edited by fafa fohi

1 minute ago, fafa fohi said:

I heard the U14 AAA Barons and SHAHA went 2-0 this weekend along with 07 Icemen and U16 Icemen had two ties.  Nothing on PPE or Vengeance - any news on them?  

What are PAHL teams doing at this point?  Roadies to neighboring states that allow hockey games the way they are supposed to be played?

I thought PPE weren't playing games until next month (road only?) but not sure.  Haven't heard anything about Vengeance.  As to your second question - yes ?

On 9/10/2020 at 7:11 PM, Danner27 said:

I hate repeating myself, if it’s not PPE it’s not real “AAA”, esmark enters the conversation at midget. The rest is just glorified AA hockey. 

the 18U “AAA” icemen lost a few games to “AA” teams last weekend, one being the local predators team. 

So, if the 18U Icemen rostered as a AA Independent team you wouldn't have a problem with it?  I still think the kids that play on these  lesser AAA teams do so because there isn't a PAHL option that they like.  The PAHL organizations have to adapt. 

34 minutes ago, twoboys said:

So, if the 18U Icemen rostered as a AA Independent team you wouldn't have a problem with it?  I still think the kids that play on these  lesser AAA teams do so because there isn't a PAHL option that they like.  The PAHL organizations have to adapt. 

Then why don’t they just call themselves AA? They did last year.  They’ve played all AA teams so far and this past weekend they beat ashburn 3-2 and then lost 8-1. 

• Like 1