Midam/USA hockey decision on hockey

6 minutes ago, Quinlan2020 said:

If our youth could be sent to fight and die in a foreign land for a cause they didn't know much about or were even opposed to, then they can play summer hockey for a while.

We didn’t send 14 years olds off to war, calm down Karen. Do you want to see a 14 year old get his head smashed in the boards, possibly breaking his neck because a bad skater who is tired couldn’t stop in time ? Remember this game is played on ice, players reactions are not instant results. Most of the bad injuries I’ve seen during my time have resulted from tired players. 

7 minutes ago, Danner27 said:

We didn’t send 14 years olds off to war, calm down Karen. Do you want to see a 14 year old get his head smashed in the boards, possibly breaking his neck because a bad skater who is tired couldn’t stop in time ? Remember this game is played on ice, players reactions are not instant results. Most of the bad injuries I’ve seen during my time have resulted from tired players. 

Are you confusing me with someone else? I'm not advocating for 5 on  5 with 9 skaters. I'm a safety first guy. I was simply comparing the sacrifice of not having as much fun as we used to (for a little while) with the sacrifices of other generations.

27 minutes ago, Danner27 said:

You can not play a game 5 on 5 with 9 skaters, tired sloppy hockey will happen, players get hurt when they are tired,  thus the 4 on 4 talk. I know part of the proposal is to switch players at a half time of some sort. That’s just an excuse to keep players paying. In the end it’s all the same and not hockey, it’s summer league. 

Don't forget penalties as well. Kids would get exhausted with 9 skaters. And isn't there still icing on the penalty kill for the younger kids? 

6 minutes ago, PeterThePuck said:

1. Play 9 players and 1 goalie, 2 halves a break in the middle so each halve has different players.

2. Postpone the season to 1-1-21 and play 10 games if that happens.

PIHL same thing no State Championship this year.

Wow, that will be really crazy. What happens to the 2 and 10 penalties another person in the box!  Sure glad my grandkids are playing independent schedules this year. We will be out of this state a lot. Lets hope something different happens come 1-1-21.

4 minutes ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Wow, that will be really crazy. What happens to the 2 and 10 penalties another person in the box!  Sure glad my grandkids are playing independent schedules this year. We will be out of this state a lot. Lets hope something different happens come 1-1-21.

I'm thinking that we will figure this out. We will survive this and look back and find some positives. Youth sports play an important part in preparing kids for their life as adults. This includes constantly adjusting to the times. I am OK with weird hockey or no hockey for a while. I know that I may be in the minority because my kids are the kids that a few parents probably wish weren't on their team. They are often the ones that you don't want out there on that last crucial shift of the game. As a result, they channel most of there energy toward other activities. We won't miss the traditional form of hockey quite as much.

Let's make it easy and mirror inline rules.  No offsides, no icing, no checking and to play it safe, roll lines of three but why end there?  Let's have a buzzer every minute so players will know when to change.

Edited by fafa fohi
  • Haha 2

At this point I’m more concerned with being allowed to watch games than the style of hockey. I just enjoy watching my son play. It’s the highlight of my days. Rather watch him win or lose than any pro. 

Really not fond of driving 2-3 hours for the outlying pahl games just to sit in the parking lot. 

• Like 3

Here are the docs from today's conference call.

What I am hearing is that the NP Wildcats and Baierl rink are causing most of the problems and the push towards this stupidity, because they have limits at their rink.  As far as I'm concerned they can FO and play their games somewhere else or not at all. 

Not sure how we're going to proceed this fall.  This may cause a lot of kids to quit as not sure the money is worth it.

What do you do, put your worst bunch out first and the best bunch out for the second half? 

Am I a little hot over this?  You bet I am. 

One more year of this BS and I'm done with the PAHL!!!!!   

RULES 2021 PAHL_Game Play_25 max_DRAFT.pdf RULES 2021 PAHL_Proposals due to Covid-19_Voting.pdf

Edited by Paul Baxter
edited language
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Scooby Doo said:

Here are the docs from today's conference call.

I found it odd how late NP tryouts were held, makes some sense now. So one Pahl club along with their rink is going to screw it over for everyone else. Makes sense.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Quinlan2020 said:

Thanks for this info. Does NP have limits based on the current state regulations or are they imposing their own?

Someone will have to address that... an anonymous tip came to me that NP due to Baierl limits is complaining the loudest that they have a 25 limit and therefore so should everyone else thereby pushing their views on everyone else.

So why is it that ONE out of all the orgs bitches and moans and the PAHL acquiesces to them and makes everyone suffer???

If someone who is more a direct party to this all would post more details, that would be great.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, aaaahockey said:

Didn't Mid-am just dictate we had to play 25 max in PA last weekend?  

Apparently nobody paid any attention to that.  Our game was full team vs full team and no crowd limits in Westmoreland County.

Seems like there's a handful of orgs that are echoing NP. Happy to see that the org my kid plays for shares my point of view of wanting this to go as "normal" as possible. Also I really LOVED what the rep from the Aviators wrote. That just makes so much sense to me.

4 minutes ago, Quinlan2020 said:

But 25 is the state limit, not just NP. Am I wrong?

If you go by that rule, arenas with more than one sheet would have to shut down the second.  After all it is under one roof.  It's all people trying to flex and be in charge of other people's lives.  I hope the people pushing this issue go broke.

Just now, Rancho1 said:

If you go by that rule, arenas with more than one sheet would have to shut down the second.  After all it is under one roof.  It's all people trying to flex and be in charge of other people's lives.  I hope the people pushing this issue go broke.

My one friend always says "Rules are for people that need them". Maybe the governor should just make that proclamation.

2 minutes ago, BeaverFalls said:

Anything over 25 people on the ice or arena will be a pipe dream.  It’ll get reported and shut down ASAP. 

That's the part that so many do not understand. Most of us would like to see the kids get to play. Breaking the rules will likely have the opposite effect.