Midam/USA hockey decision on hockey

Found this definition on the internet.  Pretty clear that an Ice Rink is a recreational facility.

Recreational facilities means any building or premise where people assemble for entertainment or social, relaxing including sporting purposes, amusement park, sport centre, billiard-room, skating ring and a public or private sports club facility, but does not include any building or site for a gambling premises, place of entertainment, functions or adult entertainment;

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mitch said:

Think anyone would be offended if I show up for PittsburghHockeyDigest? I don’t want to take up a spot a parent could have but would like to get some quotes

Not at all! Please do. I look forward to reading your article on it.

6 minutes ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Found this definition on the internet.  Pretty clear that an Ice Rink is a recreational facility.

Recreational facilities means any building or premise where people assemble for entertainment or social, relaxing including sporting purposes, amusement park, sport centre, billiard-room, skating ring and a public or private sports club facility, but does not include any building or site for a gambling premises, place of entertainment, functions or adult entertainment;

We would need a similar definition to be defined by the state if ice rinks will be covered.

9 minutes ago, forbin said:

Not at all! Please do. I look forward to reading your article on it.

It’s 10 minutes from home and I’ve got the time tonight. I just don’t want someone that drove 30+ min to be left out.

5 minutes ago, 4thlinerefugee said:

We would need a similar definition to be defined by the state if ice rinks will be covered.

Look up the Mt Lebanon Rink. It is defined as a Recreation Center. Seems pretty clear to me. I bet the rinks could get together and hire a lawyer or I bet there are Hockey Parents who are lawyers that would take up the fight just as the Carlisle Car Show did.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, aaaahockey said:

I believe the answer is rinks can be open at 50% capacity for recreational activities (open skate, maybe stick time) but cannot be for sports activities (hockey games or practices). 

Oh yeah ya know because that makes perfect sense! Wow....

10 minutes ago, aaaahockey said:

I'm sure one of the Wolf apologists on here can tell us why science proves that is a good idea but I'm with you. 

The Wolf bashing is red meat for this forum but it won't actually get anything done. I want a fair solution to this. People like you that get out there with the King Wolf/dictator stuff will only hurt the cause. It just creates more division and makes you sound like a big baby.

• Like 2
  • Are you sure? 1

Maybe I missed it but was there an update shared from the PAHL meeting last night?

Also when I spoke to my state reps office earlier today I not only asked for their support on the bill but asked them to consider sponsoring an amendment to cover amateur sports teams as well. I said with out an amendment of that type it freezes out amateur hockey, AAU basketball, Inline hockey, competitive cheer, gymnastics and on and on. It affects school ages kids and many activities. We have to help hem see the big picture.

Edited by 4thlinerefugee
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, Quinlan2020 said:

The Wolf bashing is red meat for this forum but it won't actually get anything done. I want a fair solution to this. People like you that get out there with the King Wolf/dictator stuff will only hurt the cause. It just creates more division and makes you sound like a big baby.

Hopefully the Wolf bashing will get people to realize that he has been the worst Governor this state has ever had. I sure didn't vote for him!  My biggest complaint is that he doesn't even try to explain the rationale for what he does.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Quinlan2020 said:

Is it really bashing if it’s deserved?

• Like 3
  • ROTF 1

24 minutes ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Hopefully the Wolf bashing will get people to realize that he has been the worst Governor this state has ever had. I sure didn't vote for him!  My biggest complaint is that he doesn't even try to explain the rationale for what he does.

It's not going to change anyone's mind about Wolf. Politics have become cult-like. People swear unconditional loyalty. I just don't get it but it seems to be that way more & more.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Quinlan2020 said:

It's not going to change anyone's mind about Wolf. Politics have become cult-like. People swear unconditional loyalty. I just don't get it but it seems to be that way more & more.

Kinda like whining about your fears on a message board aren't going to make us change our mind about playing hockey?  

• Like 3
  • Fist Bump 2

2 hours ago, Mitch said:

Think anyone would be offended if I show up for PittsburghHockeyDigest? I don’t want to take up a spot a parent could have but would like to get some quotes

Absolutely not, All the work and coverage you guys do for local hockey is greatly appreciated! I enjoyed your pihl broadcasts this season, my sons and I watched them together. Your crew is an important part of western pa hockey,  please use your platform anyway you feel comfortable! 

2 hours ago, hockeyisgreat said:

I had a friend find Jesus on the internet, it did not work out very well for him. 

• ROTF 1

2 minutes ago, aaaahockey said:

Kinda like whining about your fears on a message board aren't going to make us change our mind about playing hockey?  

I don't whine about any fears. I just make the case that you're simplified view of the situation is not reality. Everyone has different levels of fear and the decisions were talking about affect the masses. People need to work toward a solution for a problem that hasn't been seen by any living generations.

1 hour ago, Quinlan2020 said:

You want a fair solution, the fair play point, everyone gets a trophy and everyone is safe.

Hey bender, get back to coaching your 10 year olds and stay out of this talk. We all know your thoughts by now, nobody cares about your opinions, the focus has been facts.  You are just clogging up the productive talk. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Quinlan2020 said:

I don't whine about any fears. I just make the case that you're simplified view of the situation is not reality. Everyone has different levels of fear and the decisions were talking about affect the masses. People need to work toward a solution for a problem that hasn't been seen by any living generations.

Interesting comments from someone who has a reason for why everything won’t work. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Danner27 said:

You want a fair solution, the fair play point, everyone gets a trophy and everyone is safe.

Hey bender, get back to coaching your 10 year olds and stay out of this talk. We all know your thoughts by now, nobody cares about your opinions, the focus has been facts.  You are just clogging up the productive talk. 

I guess I'm just peeing in your kool-aid. Don't worry most of your friends here will still drink it. You know that all my points are valid and represent the majority of US citizens. That's why my presence bothers you.

• Are you sure? 1
  • Barf 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, BeaverFalls said:

Interesting comments from someone who has a reason for why everything won’t work. 

Just the opposite. I have been saying that it can work, but the freedom fighters will get in the way of any resolution unless they get close to 100% of what they want.

• Are you sure? 2