Midam/USA hockey decision on hockey

47 minutes ago, fafa fohi said:

I don’t know if this was posted before but this came from PIHL today addressing a modified format for JV/MS games.  

The outlook for Varsity looks bleak.  

https://assets.ngin.com/attachments/document/edba-2240900/PIHL_Modified_Game_Structure-2.pdf

A lot will depend on how well the virus is controlled thru Football and Soccer seasons. Although I think the best shot is the passage of the proposed bill by 2/3rds vote.

1 minute ago, forbin said:

Esmarks Facebook page live streamed the event tonight. Looked like there may have been a couple of news cameras there? 

There was a list passed out in regards to the state reps that are for and against the bill. The majority against the bill are all out East, Philly area. 

I did not hear anything ask about hockey rinks in specific, disappoint with that. Hoping I missed a lot of the conference.

I still haven't seen an official statement on MidAms website. I get so many conflicting stories I can't keep them straight. Is the 25 thing just in Allegheny or statewide?  We've been playing indoor sports all summer outside of ice hockey, and there have been wayyyy more than a few hundred people attending, including a big tournament coming up this weekend. Everyone follows CDC guidelines regarding masks and social distancing so nobody thought anything of it. 

I did call and speak to my State Rep who originally was against changing the indoor limit, but when I explained that his beloved high school alma mater may lose their hockey program over this, he is changing his tune. He didn't realize the economic impact to the rinks and to the organizations themselves.

23 minutes ago, hockeyisgreat said:

A lot will depend on how well the virus is controlled thru Football and Soccer seasons. Although I think the best shot is the passage of the proposed bill by 2/3rds vote.

It’s going to be too late by then I’m afraid. It takes a lot to get the wheels churning for a season. I hope not. 

22 minutes ago, Danner27 said:

There was a list passed out in regards to the state reps that are for and against the bill. The majority against the bill are all out East, Philly area. .

This is another problem with this whole thing, this one size fits all approach. It was worse in the East than here but we are all locked down the same. Ridiculous!

11 minutes ago, Seejay784 said:

I still haven't seen an official statement on MidAms website. I get so many conflicting stories I can't keep them straight. Is the 25 thing just in Allegheny or statewide?  We've been playing indoor sports all summer outside of ice hockey, and there have been wayyyy more than a few hundred people attending, including a big tournament coming up this weekend. Everyone follows CDC guidelines regarding masks and social distancing so nobody thought anything of it. 

I did call and speak to my State Rep who originally was against changing the indoor limit, but when I explained that his beloved high school alma mater may lose their hockey program over this, he is changing his tune. He didn't realize the economic impact to the rinks and to the organizations themselves.

Mid-Am updates their website once every couple years, whether it needs it or not. Really pathetic imho. 

1 hour ago, Seejay784 said:

FB_IMG_1598485161516.jpg

I’m to old & tired, who figured out all the “no’s” area’s and party affiliation ? I looked up 5, that was enough. I’m guessing 90% Democrat & 95% East. I’m sure someone has to be compiling this, release your results! 

Edited by Danner27
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Danner27 said:

I’m to old & tired, who figured out all the “no’s” area’s and party affiliation ? I looked up 5, that was enough. I’m guessing 90% Democrat & 95% East. I’m sure someone has to be compiling this, release your results! 

We need 14 democrat state house reps and 3-4 democrat state senators to make this veto proof.  The road block is on one side of the aisle, for an issue that should be bi-partisan.

Edited by Scooby Doo
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Scooby Doo said:

We need 14 democrat state house reps and 3-4 democrat state senators to make this veto proof.  The road block is on one side of the aisle, for an issue that should be bi-partisan.

Anybody on our side of the state saying no ? I doubt Philly politicians give a rats ass about it.