Midam/USA hockey decision on hockey

4 minutes ago, aaaahockey said:

I would say we should just remind them that people are just leaving the state to play hockey, which seemingly is more dangerous than just playing it here, but who knows Wolf might try to ban that as well.

The only thing these people care about is staying in office. Remind them you’re a voter who has a lot of friends and family that you’ll make sure will not vote for them. 

• Like 3

this may not be a popular idea, but i read something pages and pages ago about how the scorekeeper isn't part of the 25 because they are sequestered in their own area.....has anyone thrown out the idea of temporarily putting up plexi at the benches (players would have to use the doors to get on/off the ice) in order to create additional pods.  25 on each bench, 25 on the ice?  just a thought.....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, champeen said:

this may not be a popular idea, but i read something pages and pages ago about how the scorekeeper isn't part of the 25 because they are sequestered in their own area.....has anyone thrown out the idea of temporarily putting up plexi at the benches (players would have to use the doors to get on/off the ice) in order to create additional pods.  25 on each bench, 25 on the ice?  just a thought.....

Anything would be a good idea.  The Pod concept is being used in Allegheny County for Football. But right now Allegheny county is more restrictive than the State on Outdoor gatherings. Whose going to ask the state if they would go for it?  

31 minutes ago, hockeyisgreat said:

There are a whole bunch of Allegheny County Democrats that voted no.  If your State Rep is a Democrat chances are they voted no last time. We need to get after them to let our kids play. 

It would be helpful if these names and contacts could be posted. For example, I don’t have any hockey friends in Mt Lebanon but I do have Four personal friends that live there, they are willing to write Dan Miller to support the hockey kids. 

Thank You @AngryKid001 I will pass the info along! 

29 minutes ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Anything would be a good idea.  The Pod concept is being used in Allegheny County for Football. But right now Allegheny county is more restrictive than the State on Outdoor gatherings. Whose going to ask the state if they would go for it?  

What about the big soccer tournament in plum this weekend ? Allegheny is letting it happen, while screaming covid is going to go up to the news. 

7 minutes ago, hockeyisgreat said:

https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/home/findyourlegislator/county_list.cfm?CNTYLIST=ALLEGHENY

This is a list of All Allegheny County State Reps.  I bet 80 percent are Democrats who voted no.

You can get the same lists for other counties by modifying the search.

That is great but if we  can get specifics as I mentioned above, I and all of you folks should start contacting friends in those communities for support. 

I complied the list of western PA reps that have opposed this bill. The rest are all in Eastern PA and probably 8-10 are in Montgomery County alone. 

I hope this helps make it easier to reach out and contact these folks.

A. DAVIS (D) DISTRICT 35 Allegheny County  (412) 664-0035

DEASY (D) DISTRICT 27 Allegheny County  (412) 928-9514

DERMODY (D)  DISTRICT 33 Allegheny County, Westmoreland County  (724) 274-4770

FRANKEL (D) DISTRICT 23 Allegheny County  (412) 422-1774

GAINEY (D) DISTRICT 24 Allegheny County  (412) 665-5502

INNAMORATO (D) DISTRICT 21 Allegheny County  (412) 781-2750

LEE (D) DISTRICT 34 Allegheny County  (412) 273-3400

LONGIETTI (D) DISTRICT 07 Mercer County  (724) 981-4655

MATZIE (D) DISTRICT 16 Beaver County, Allegheny County  (724) 266-7774 

D. MILLER (D) DISTRICT 42 Allegheny County  (412) 343-3870

RAVENSTAHL (D) DISTRICT 20 Allegheny County  (412) 321-5523

SAINATO (D) DISTRICT 09  Lawrence County (724) 656-1112

WHEATLEY (D) DISTRICT 19 Allegheny County  (412) 471-7760

• Like 5
  • Fist Bump 1

4 hours ago, Danner27 said:

Article is almost 3 weeks old. 

Yes, but at least there has been some discussion that didn’t just start yesterday. Restrictions seem to be put in place quickly, but lifted at a snails pace. Hopefully this snail has made some progress in the past few weeks. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, brokenstix said:

your questions answered by USAH, (or more confusion)? 

https://www.usahockey.com/news_article/show/1119751

Question (James L.): I heard a rumor that they are only going to allow nine kids and one goalie on a bench at any given time? Is that true? If so, how are the other kids going to get playing time?

Answer: In some areas of the country, ice rinks are limiting the number of people inside of rinks. Depending on bench size, rink capacity and local government guidelines, local hockey leaders are putting together several different ways to organize the ice in order to maximize playing time for kids in practice, scrimmages and games. As we continue to navigate through the pandemic, we expect that these types of restrictions will be removed as conditions improve.

It doesn’t sound like our local hockey leaders are working on any “ways” into playing with full rosters (pihl/pahl). 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Anybody hear how the Tournament at Alpha is going?  Are they playing under the 25 limit with no fans?  No Livebarn at Alpha still. It's like they don't want people to know what is going on.

Why not take a drive and see? Then you can tell everyone!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Anybody hear how the Tournament at Alpha is going?  Are they playing under the 25 limit with no fans?  No Livebarn at Alpha still. It's like they don't want people to know what is going on.

No mass casualty incidents. Kids are playing hockey. And surviving. 

• Like 1
  • Holy Moly 1

On 8/28/2020 at 8:29 PM, Danner27 said:

Snip-/—-

It doesn’t sound like our local hockey leaders are working on any “ways” into playing with full rosters (pihl/pahl). 

During the meeting at Center Ice, I’m fairly sure I saw Darcee there but didn’t see her approach or talk to any of the state reps that were there.  I could be wrong and I wasn’t there just to watch her, but I sure believe things would have been a bit more positive had she stood up there with the reps / senators and talked about how hard the Pahl is trying to play with full rosters.  Instead it was >crickets<.

i haven’t read anywhere where the Pahl is asking to meet with state reps/senators and tell them how many kids this is affecting of hockey is blocked... and how many rinks will be hit hard financially as well.

if I was running the Pahl damn well I would be on the phone with Toomey, Casey and all the local state reps, Allegheny county officials... and doing all I can.

i am not reading anything about what the Pahl is doing other than coming up with plan a and plan b, both of which are lousy.

a bit discouraging in my opinion.

Edited by Scooby Doo
  • 100 2

50 minutes ago, Scooby Doo said:

During the meeting at Center Ice, I’m fairly sure I saw Darcee there but didn’t see her approach or talk to any of the state reps that were there.  I could be wrong and I wasn’t there just to watch her, but I sure believe things would have been a bit more positive had she stood up there with the reps / senators and talked about how hard the Pahl is trying to play with full rosters.  Instead it was >crickets<.

i haven’t read anywhere where the Pahl is asking to meet with state reps/senators and tell them how many kids this is affecting of hockey is blocked... and how many rinks will be hit hard financially as well.

if I was running the Pahl damn well I would be on the phone with Toomey, Casey and all the local state reps, Allegheny county officials... and doing all I can.

i am not reading anything about what the Pahl is doing other than coming up with plan a and plan b, both of which are lousy.

a bit discouraging in my opinion.

Sorry to say it’s sounds like both leagues really are not doing much, Pahl just wants to get the season in regardless how it is played. The only good thing I’m hearing at all between these two - PIHL wants real hockey back (full rosters) but they are not using influence towards it, wait and see attitude.  

• 100 1