Midam/USA hockey decision on hockey

12 hours ago, Danner27 said:

Sorry to say it’s sounds like both leagues really are not doing much, Pahl just wants to get the season in regardless how it is played. The only good thing I’m hearing at all between these two - PIHL wants real hockey back (full rosters) but they are not using influence towards it, wait and see attitude.  

Didn't DVHL meet with Wolf and get totally rebuffed? I think that PAHL and DVHL are intentionally coordinating.

Though it seems to me that multiple pressure points are more appropriate.

14 hours ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Anybody hear how the Tournament at Alpha is going?  Are they playing under the 25 limit with no fans?  No Livebarn at Alpha still. It's like they don't want people to know what is going on.

We stopped by to see how they are running it. It is BS that our kids can’t play but they are packing them in there and playing. I’m so glad we are at Pens and we take pride in our organization and have class. 

• Confused 1
  • Are you sure? 1
  • Uh, Ok 2

20 minutes ago, 66PensMom24 said:

We stopped by to see how they are running it. It is BS that our kids can’t play but they are packing them in there and playing. I’m so glad we are at Pens and we take pride in our organization and have class. 

Ha. Lol OK...That’s how you chose to spend a Sunday.

• ROTF 1

1 hour ago, 66PensMom24 said:

Not a good look, the holier than thou. Not that I disagree that this isn't annoying, but it's common knowledge that there were elite teams playing at Alpha while we were shut down. They might not have been doing it under the Pens' banner, but I find it hard to believe that didn't get back to them. So I wouldn't be so superior. Angry, ok, but there are plenty of people rule avoiding, including within the Pens Elite program.

• Like 3
  • 100 2

3 hours ago, 66PensMom24 said:

This has to be a trolling attempt because most parents up that way feel very differently. 

Alpha letting the kids play with regular rosters is fine. 

Alpha letting all of those parents in was just misguided and stupid. That is what the argument should be over, the parents coming in. That is what will sink any attempt at getting get normalcy on the ice, by way of the states rules... is CAN we have youth sports without parents hovering as closely to the action as possible. 

I promise you, whenever the decisions are made about youth sports they are taking into consideration the parents as the primary risk. 

Let your children go play the sport without having to be in there with them. It is not about you. It has nothing to do with you. 

Edited by ctil20
  • Like 1

Hopefully the parents are smart enough to social distance and wear masks.  I would be shocked if we hear of an outbreak at PAHL organization team. By outbreak I would mean more than 5 kids on a team.  There is no incentive for them to report it as a team.  Problem being that the media would jump all over it. In my opinion the media is the problem here. They love to sensationalize the virus.

7 hours ago, 66PensMom24 said:

I love your screen name!

2 hours ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Hopefully the parents are smart enough to social distance and wear masks.  I would be shocked if we hear of an outbreak at PAHL organization team. By outbreak I would mean more than 5 kids on a team.  There is no incentive for them to report it as a team.  Problem being that the media would jump all over it. In my opinion the media is the problem here. They love to sensationalize the virus.

Many epidemiologists have made the case that this virus has killed so many because of attitudes like this. It would kill lot less and be gone a lot sooner if the mortality rate was higher or more people had sever symptoms. Number one: it would kill before it spread or the a very ill person would stay out of the community. Number two: People aren't that afraid of it making it less likely for them to take precautions. It is right in the sweet spot when it comes to mortality & transmissibility. No incentive to report it as a team? I guess your right if your only concern is to keep playing hockey. Those that would choose to do that would be among the lowest forms of humanity.

• Barf 1
  • Uh, Ok 2

22 hours ago, 66PensMom24 said:

Hmm, I sense a Lil’ 66’er parent is bitter by not having games. I totally get it.

How else can 7 year old Johnny get scouted?  Maybe it’s time to uproot the family so he can chase HIS dream.......

Edited by fafa fohi
  • Like 1
  • ROTF 4
  • 100 1

14 hours ago, Quinlan2020 said:

Many epidemiologists have made the case that this virus has killed so many because of attitudes like this. It would kill lot less and be gone a lot sooner if the mortality rate was higher or more people had sever symptoms. Number one: it would kill before it spread or the a very ill person would stay out of the community. Number two: People aren't that afraid of it making it less likely for them to take precautions. It is right in the sweet spot when it comes to mortality & transmissibility. No incentive to report it as a team? I guess your right if your only concern is to keep playing hockey. Those that would choose to do that would be among the lowest forms of humanity.

How are you going to feel when the media tells us the pandemic is finally over and there are no ice rinks, restaurants or bars to go to because they went out of business because of government mandates? Is the media going to publish the number of flu cases and related deaths this year? When are they going to stop publishing the numbers of Covid cases?  When it no longer gets clicks!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Quinlan2020, I don't know why I debate with you.  The more you talk the more you dig in your heels.  This will be my last response to you. They have an ignore feature on this site that I think I will have to use.

Been using it for a week....it's awesome!

• 100 1

1 hour ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Quinlan2020, I don't know why I debate with you.  The more you talk the more you dig in your heels.  This will be my last response to you. They have an ignore feature on this site that I think I will have to use.

Sorry. I did not realize I was upsetting you. I didn't know about the ignore feature. That will likely help. It helps many folks to have their opinions validated by hearing other opinions that are the same. Perhaps, you could try listening to talk radio.

51 minutes ago, Quinlan2020 said:

Sorry. I did not realize I was upsetting you.

You did not realize? Really? Does someone actually need to hit you over the head with something for you to realize that there is NO one on here that you aren't irritating as hell to?

Does anyone remember Whack-a-mole? I'm sure every game has been confiscated and burned but it served a purpose.

• Like 2
  • ROTF 1
  • Epic 1
  • 100 1

2 minutes ago, sadday4hockey said:

You did not realize? Really? Does someone actually need to hit you over the head with something for you to realize that there is NO one on here that you aren't irritating as hell to?

Does anyone remember Whack-a-mole? I'm sure every game has been confiscated and burned but it served a purpose.

Oh man. You're making me feel terrible. I would then hope that many will choose to use that ignore feature to save their mental health.

7 hours ago, fafa fohi said:

Hmm, I sense a Lil’ 66’er parent is bitter by not having games. I totally get it.

How else can 7 year old Johnny get scouted?  Maybe it’s time to uproot the family so he can chase HIS dream.......

It was an 08.  Whole family was there.  Unless there were multiple families checking it out.

1 hour ago, twoboys said:

It was an 08.  Whole family was there.  Unless there were multiple families checking it out.

The funniest thing is this person said she was happy the pens were responsible but then exposed her whole family to the irresponsibility because she's nosy ?. That's one of the funniest things I've ever heard, assuming she is a real person posting and not just trolling. 

• Fist Bump 1

58 minutes ago, aaaahockey said:

The funniest thing is this person said she was happy the pens were responsible but then exposed her whole family to the irresponsibility because she's nosy ?. That's one of the funniest things I've ever heard, assuming she is a real person posting and not just trolling. 

I am very real and all of your comments further validate why we are so happy at PPE. You all are just jealous your little Johnny’s can make a real hockey team and are stuck playing PAHL. Or should I say, not playing. 

• ROTF 2
  • Are you sure? 2
  • Holy Moly 1
  • Uh, Ok 1

19 minutes ago, 66PensMom24 said:

I am very real and all of your comments further validate why we are so happy at PPE. You all are just jealous your little Johnny’s can make a real hockey team and are stuck playing PAHL. Or should I say, not playing. 

To be fair, real hockey doesn’t start until bantam.  

• Like 1
  • ROTF 2
  • 100 1

1 hour ago, 66PensMom24 said:

Your kid must play on a lower PAHL team. 

You must have forgot to read the parent code of conduct that Pens parents have to sign that specifically states their distaste for hateful and disrespectful remarks on forums and other social media. They want you to “act classy” and exercise judgement before posting. Maybe we can contact Danny and let him know what a class act you are. You can’t be real. If so, I’m embarrassed for you ? And yes, some Pens players 100 percent have been playing at other rinks and in games all summer long and still are. Sorry you are out of the loop. I think I know why. 

• Like 3