Midam/USA hockey decision on hockey

2 hours ago, 66PensMom24 said:

I am very real and all of your comments further validate why we are so happy at PPE. You all are just jealous your little Johnny’s can make a real hockey team and are stuck playing PAHL. Or should I say, not playing. 

Can’t wait till your kid gets sent back to PAHL or high school when Pens ditch your kid in a couple of years for a player from another state or country. If you are an 08 parent...I guarantee they replace half that team due to the low rankings. At least the gold helmet at tryouts will help them make North Pittsburgh.

• Like 2
  • 100 1

16 minutes ago, RMU Alum said:

Can’t wait till your kid gets sent back to PAHL or high school when Pens ditch your kid in a couple of years for a player from another state or country. If you are an 08 parent...I guarantee they replace half that team due to the low rankings. At least the gold helmet at tryouts will help them make North Pittsburgh.

Nah, gold helmet rejects are forever too good for PAHL or school hockey. They go to Icemen.

I have to say, it's much more entertaining to go back to the regularly scheduled agenda of PE bashing than more COVID talk.

• Like 1
  • 100 1
  • Fist Bump 1

1 hour ago, What the.. said:

You must have forgot to read the parent code of conduct that Pens parents have to sign that specifically states their distaste for hateful and disrespectful remarks on forums and other social media. They want you to “act classy” and exercise judgement before posting. Maybe we can contact Danny and let him know what a class act you are. You can’t be real. If so, I’m embarrassed for you ? And yes, some Pens players 100 percent have been playing at other rinks and in games all summer long and still are. Sorry you are out of the loop. I think I know why. 

My 99 was skating with college kids, junior kids. PPE & ESMARK kids at alpha when things were suppose to be shut down. They even held a few scrimmages on their own during these ice slots.

2 hours ago, What the.. said:

You must have forgot to read the parent code of conduct that Pens parents have to sign that specifically states their distaste for hateful and disrespectful remarks on forums and other social media. They want you to “act classy” and exercise judgement before posting. Maybe we can contact Danny and let him know what a class act you are. You can’t be real. If so, I’m embarrassed for you ? And yes, some Pens players 100 percent have been playing at other rinks and in games all summer long and still are. Sorry you are out of the loop. I think I know why. 

Guys i am pretty sure she is fake.  I actually do believe some pens families went to see the tournament at Alpha, but I truly don't believe they would be dumb enough to sign onto this forum and post what she has posted.  I think someone is pretending to be someone else.  The reactions are hilarious though so I am enjoying it.  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, aaaahockey said:

Guys i am pretty sure she is fake.  I actually do believe some pens families went to see the tournament at Alpha, but I truly don't believe they would be dumb enough to sign onto this forum and post what she has posted.  I think someone is pretending to be someone else.  The reactions are hilarious though so I am enjoying it.  

We know, but it is entertaining. And also....people are so wacky, there is a slight thought in my head that someone would. Be more believable in a Squirt parent, because across the board, they get nuttier and nuttier it seems each year.

• 100 1

15 minutes ago, Saucey said:

We know, but it is entertaining. And also....people are so wacky, there is a slight thought in my head that someone would. Be more believable in a Squirt parent, because across the board, they get nuttier and nuttier it seems each year.

I just don't want someone getting all uptight and saying it was actually the people who they saw at Alpha. Those people were probably just enjoying the games and fuming silently inside. 

On 8/30/2020 at 10:53 AM, 66PensMom24 said:

We stopped by to see how they are running it. It is BS that our kids can’t play but they are packing them in there and playing. I’m so glad we are at Pens and we take pride in our organization and have class. 

Did you happen to see the PPE players that were playing for one of the out of town teams?

Are you proud of them? For following the Golden helmet rules?

What if they bring the covid into the palace? What then?

On 8/31/2020 at 6:43 PM, 66PensMom24 said:

I am very real and all of your comments further validate why we are so happy at PPE. You all are just jealous your little Johnny’s can make a real hockey team and are stuck playing PAHL. Or should I say, not playing. 

oouuii.   

Edited by whatever

On 8/26/2020 at 9:37 AM, Ynot02 said:

It’s great that there is a legislative push for changes. However, I’d like to see school gyms, fields, and of course rinks be put in the same category as “indoor recreation and health wellness facilities”, instead of “indoor gatherings”. If this happens, nearly all of the issues go away.

• Indoor Recreation and Health and Wellness Facilities (such as gyms and spas) Open at 50% Occupancy with Appointments Strongly Encouraged; Fitness Facilities Are Directed to Prioritize Outdoor Fitness Activities

@Ynot02      Where'd you get this info from? 

This is where the PAHL is missing the boat..  Ice Rinks are definitely Indoor Recreation facilities.  It is all a matter of interpretation.  Ice Castle and Alpha are interpreting it as 50 % capacity...   I think PAHL needs to point to this as a reason TO play, not a reason to play summer league sloppy play.

HECK,,,,  BETHEL IS A YMCA  !!!   RMU, UPMC, ICE CAstle, New Ken all have gyms inside of them!

We may just need to pressure our PAHL reps to interpret the literature to our benefit of playing full Hockey.

50 minutes ago, PowerPlay said:

@Ynot02      Where'd you get this info from? 

This is where the PAHL is missing the boat..  Ice Rinks are definitely Indoor Recreation facilities.  It is all a matter of interpretation.  Ice Castle and Alpha are interpreting it as 50 % capacity...   I think PAHL needs to point to this as a reason TO play, not a reason to play summer league sloppy play.

HECK,,,,  BETHEL IS A YMCA  !!!   RMU, UPMC, ICE CAstle, New Ken all have gyms inside of them!

We may just need to pressure our PAHL reps to interpret the literature to our benefit of playing full Hockey.

There is a clause in the rules that specifically limits "Sports" to 25.  That means Yes, Bethel or RMU or Ice Castle can have 50% for even Open Skate, but not for "sports".

• Angry 1

I think the Governor would have a real hard time enforcing the 25 person limit for indoor sports if all the leagues PAHL DVHL etc got together on it. Besides who is in charge of enforcing the rules?  Certainly not the rinks. They rent the ice and as long as they are at 50% of capacity I don't see how they could be shut down. The question becomes is someone from PAHL and PIHL going to be the enforcer?

• Like 1

The PAHL is highly influenced by Darcee. 

I seriously doubt that she will go against Wolf, instead of fighting it.  I really don't have a good feeling about playing PAHL games until 1/1

Hopefully I'm wrong on this.

It’s really not about PAHL or PIHL going against what the governor has ordered. These leagues could, but it doesn’t change that USA Hockey/MIDAM won’t sanction the games that are played because they don’t meet the state’s requirement. Parents may not care about the USA Hockey implications, but the associations, leagues and rinks do. Pushing for a change in the state mandate seems to be the only solution. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ynot02 said:

It’s really not about PAHL or PIHL going against what the governor has ordered. These leagues could, but it doesn’t change that USA Hockey/MIDAM won’t sanction the games that are played because they don’t meet the state’s requirement. Parents may not care about the USA Hockey implications, but the associations, leagues and rinks do. Pushing for a change in the state mandate seems to be the only solution. 

I agree with what you are saying.  So then are score sheets turned into the MIDAM/USA Hockey?  Is that how they would know if there were more than 25 in attendance? Agree that the State mandate needs changed.

25 minutes ago, Ynot02 said:

Already there is a push by local teams to go play tourneys in Ohio due to whats happening here in WPA.  If the PAHL shuts down, this will probably happen big time.

At that point, not sure how much people will care about the games being under MIDAM and usa hockey.  It will be a fiasco.

36 minutes ago, Ynot02 said:

This is what everyone keeps missing. USA Hockey and MidAm are the enforcers, not PIHL and PAHL. And I don't suggest everyone lies about how many kids are on the ice, as @hockeyisgreat seems to suggest everyone should do. Dear lord, this small hockey town can't keep anything a secret, let alone expect that level of cooperation. Bad idea. 

No one is really able to play a full game at any level in any nearby state, except in Ohio. This insistence that you can in Pa is crazy.