Midam/USA hockey decision on hockey

37 minutes ago, Danner27 said:

@fafa fohi you horse tooth jackass - direct quote here! 

House Democratic Leader Frank Dermody of Allegheny County, fell into that category. He told the Pennsylvania Capital-Star, Wolf is "our governor. He vetoed it, and I’m the Democratic leader, ... I am not going to override the governor’s veto.”

that is this guys reasoning for flipping, that is PARTY POLITICS at its finest, you know man, that thing, that thing you said that doesn’t, you know man you know what I mean pony boy something!  

I would like to add this quote for everyone else about 14 of the Democrats that flipped.

But those who like to venture a guess on why Kim and Schlossberg had a change of heart pointed to the fact that they were among the 14 Democrats who flipped are politically safe because they happen to be uncontested in their re-election bid this November.The Pennsylvania School Boards Association said its review of the federal court ruling leads to one conclusion: schools still have no choice but to adhere to Wolf’s limits on the size of gatherings.“Judge Stickman’s ruling does not have any effect on gathering size limits for high school athletic events, one way of the other, whether or not the ruling is stayed pending appeal, overturned or upheld,” according to a statement issued on Wednesday from PSBA’s legal team. “The judge’s ruling about the constitutionality of the governor’s gathering size limits is limited to political or other expressive activities protected by the First Amendment. There is really not a plausible case to be made that there is a First Amendment right to attend a high school football game or to have as many people attend as the team or school may want."

Ironic to bring up "party politics" with the Supreme Court disaster going on right now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jack Handey said:

Lindsey Williams is a PA senator.  The override vote was taken in the PA house.  So Lindsey Williams would not have voted in a house override.  I think you have the wrong Williams here.

Benji Danner is wrong about something?  You mean he did not do his research to find out Lindsey Williams is a state senator, even though I have mentioned this numerous times on this thread along with providing her actual response to my inquiry with her support of this bill on this very thread?

Not a chance.  Must be a typo.

Edited by fafa fohi
  • Fist Bump 1

3 hours ago, fafa fohi said:

Benji Danner is wrong about something?  You mean he did not do his research to find out Lindsey Williams is a state senator, even though I have mentioned this numerous times on this thread along with providing her actual response to my inquiry with her support of this bill on this very thread?

Not a chance.  Must be a typo.

So I made a mistake on the Williams name, my bad. This does not change how correct I was how this was going to play out! Sorry you are never correct about anything around here.

1 hour ago, Danner27 said:

So I made a mistake on the Williams name, my bad. This does not change how correct I was how this was going to play out! Sorry you are never correct about anything around here.

I've been right on many things on numerous threads, Benji.  I just don't claim my opinion on something is fact unlike you.

With respect to this thread, I was right in saying Senator Williams supported the bill.  I was right Democrats supported this bill while you said it was partisan.  Do you know what partisan means?  Speaking of partisan party politics, Senators McConnell and Graham are now saying.........nah, no need to go into that here.  Will save it for a political thread somewhere else.

Lastly, your numerous mentions / quotes from me are starting to creep me out.   Take your victory lap, look in amazement at yourself as you are standing in front of the mirror while marveling how much of a self-proclaimed genius you are, and just let it go.  Being in your vortex is boring.

• ROTF 1

10 minutes ago, hockey55 said:

So what does this mean for hockey now?

Who is enforcing these restrictions? Do the police have the power to come in and shut down a hockey game if its over the 25 capacity limit?

I think the majority of the rinks are fed up with this BS and will allow full roster games to be played. Most likely still without spectators, and making sure the players follow the protocols. 

What will MidAm do?  Will they prohibit sanctioned games now that the limits on indoor gatherings have been restored?  May be a lot less NYS and OH plates at your local rink this weekend!!

I would assume that the MidAm will have to issue a position in response to this ruling quickly.

What happens to PPE scheduled games this weekend?  They were following the Gov's orders.  Will Pens  now shut down all PA hosted games?  Should be an interesting day or two to see how this plays out.

Edited by hockeyparent101

10 minutes ago, forbin said:

Who is enforcing these restrictions? Do the police have the power to come in and shut down a hockey game if its over the 25 capacity limit?

I think the majority of the rinks are fed up with this BS and will allow full roster games to be played. Most likely still without spectators, and making sure the players follow the protocols. 

I think that if some of the rinks are enforcing 25 and some are not, then someone whose home rink is enforcing 25 will tattle on the rinks that are not.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2020 at 2:01 PM, fafa fohi said:

We think we have it bad here?  Be thankful you don't live in Quebec.  And I am told Ontario may be next if case counts do not subside.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7363360/quebec-coronavirus-red-alert-montreal/

I didn't see anything about restricting hockey in this article - are they taking any steps like we are with the 25 people limits? It's probably too early to have outdoor hockey up there.

23 minutes ago, Spear and Magic Helmet said:

I think that if some of the rinks are enforcing 25 and some are not, then someone whose home rink is enforcing 25 will tattle on the rinks that are not.

That happened already during “the early days” NP Wildcats cried to Pahl, since their home rink in warrnedale wouldn’t let full roster games happen, nobody should be able to play. This is how the 4 V 4 - 9 skaters thing started. 

32 minutes ago, Spear and Magic Helmet said:

I guess they can tattle but that didn’t stop most rinks from saying they were recreation facilities and not bound by the 25. Teams were expected to abide by whatever rules. It means PIHL and PAHL may go back but tournaments and “scrimmages” will still happen 5 on 5

36 minutes ago, Spear and Magic Helmet said:

What rinks are still enforcing the 25 limit and forcing 4v4? Literally every single rink I have been to in the past two weeks have allowed 5v5 and the two that weren't have as of today, lifted that restriction. 

Do you think that a certain organization or rink really wants to be the whistle blower to put a stop to all of this?

I am not a fan of Wolf and consider him very vindictive.  But based on his interview and language used by the minority leader in PA, I think he may have a heart a bump things up a bit. After all he did open restaurants up to 50%.

Giving the house bills that almost went through, the out cry from parents, maybe Wolf will have a heart.  The efforts taken by parents and the republicans and some dems on house bill 2787 has to show Wolf that sports means a lot to his constituents.

Dermody eluded to maybe a % capacity like OH.  The press asked about football games tomorrow and Wolf said "we're working on it." So probably will release guidance in the next 12 hours I would hope. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, forbin said:

What rinks are still enforcing the 25 limit and forcing 4v4? Literally every single rink I have been to in the past two weeks have allowed 5v5 and the two that weren't have as of today, lifted that restriction. 

Do you think that a certain organization or rink really wants to be the whistle blower to put a stop to all of this?

RMU is still enforcing it. But my guess is they fear consequences of the governors wrath being affiliated with the univesity.

4 minutes ago, forbin said:

That is false. They are allowing full roster games 5v5.

Ok thanks. That just happened on September 29th.  So they just started the change 2 days ago. They missed so much time by waiting.

All teams I talked to that played there said they shuffled half the kids out of the locker room at a time.

https://www.rmuislandsports.com/

I guess local rinks and organizations are going to have to take the "speakeasy" approach to this in order to get games in. Call them scrimmages, screw MidAm, screw USA Hockey. Just let the kids play. This whole season is a wash anyway, as I highly doubt there will be nationals so just keep doing what everyone is already doing. Follow social distancing guidelines, wear you damn mask, and don't give anyone any reason to complain about whats happening.

Hell, this way the PAHL teams will probably get to play more than their normally allotted number of games too. 

• Like 2