Midam/USA hockey decision on hockey

6 hours ago, Quinlan2020a said:

I don't know but this just came out. 

Indoor sports like ice hockey are high-risk activities for the spread of COVID-19, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The conclusions about such sports were contained in a section of the CDC’s Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report posted online Thursday.

Again, I'd like to see proof it's from being on the ice, playing the sport. As opposed to locker rooms, sleepovers, and the other mosty avoidable things that go along with the game. 

4 minutes ago, dazedandconfused said:

I have to thank you my man. It's because of jerkoffs like you that this election is going to be a landslide. The actions and words of people like you have created so many silent Trump supporters that your head is going spin like Linda Blair's in the Exorcist.

#4MOREYEARS

Why are they silent? Embarrassment? 

Most I know are actually obnoxious loudmouths, to be honest. And the ones at the rink wearing their masks like a necklace. 

10 minutes ago, nemesis8679 said:

Again, I'd like to see proof it's from being on the ice, playing the sport. As opposed to locker rooms, sleepovers, and the other mosty avoidable things that go along with the game. 

I suspect as you do, but I have a feeling that the burden of proof will be on hockey organizations if outbreaks become more frequent. I just wish people would stay away from the locker rooms & other stuff and just play the game and try to make it work. Take your kid to the rink, dress in parking lot or hallway & get on the ice, Parents should go directly to a secluded spot in bleachers to watch and cut the socializing. And yes.. Wear your mask and wear it correctly. I bet there wouldn't be any problems, but getting people to do these simple things is just so hard.

13 hours ago, Quinlan2020a said:

Indoor sports like ice hockey are high-risk activities for the spread of COVID-19, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The conclusions about such sports were contained in a section of the CDC’s Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report posted online Thursday.

Nice graph.

7 hours ago, Quinlan2020a said:

I suspect as you do, but I have a feeling that the burden of proof will be on hockey organizations if outbreaks become more frequent. I just wish people would stay away from the locker rooms & other stuff and just play the game and try to make it work. Take your kid to the rink, dress in parking lot or hallway & get on the ice, Parents should go directly to a secluded spot in bleachers to watch and cut the socializing. And yes.. Wear your mask and wear it correctly. I bet there wouldn't be any problems, but getting people to do these simple things is just so hard.

There have not been problems since March. You are a troll, take that fauchi profile pic and keep you kid at home then if you are such a negative Nancy. The world is crumbling before our eyes.

• Like 1
  • 100 1

15 hours ago, Quinlan2020a said:

Yeah I'm so sure this all happened on the ice and not a bunch of beer Leaguers drinking together before and after the game. I read the entire report and even they don't know if it happened before, during, or after the game. 

• Like 3

There have been multiple incidents of outbreaks on youth hockey teams around the country. It's impossible to be sure if it is related to the actual game or the activities that surround it because people are not always adhering to safety protocols that are suggested. Yale Hockey is now shut down after 18 players tested positive.

CDC (not me) concludes:

Ice hockey involves vigorous physical exertion with heavy respiration during the game and frequent contact between the players, the researchers noted in the report.
"The ice rink provides a venue that is likely well suited to COVID-19 transmission as an indoor environment where deep breathing occurs, and persons are in close proximity to one another," it said.
"The indoor space and close contact between players during a hockey game increase infection risk for players and create potential for a superspreader event, especially with ongoing community COVID-19 transmission," the study concluded.
"The ice rink provides a venue that is likely well suited to COVID-19 transmission as an indoor environment where deep breathing occurs, and persons are in close proximity to one another," they said.

2 hours ago, Quinlan2020a said:

There have been multiple incidents of outbreaks on youth hockey teams around the country. It's impossible to be sure if it is related to the actual game or the activities that surround it because people are not always adhering to safety protocols that are suggested. Yale Hockey is now shut down after 18 players tested positive.

CDC (not me) concludes:

Ice hockey involves vigorous physical exertion with heavy respiration during the game and frequent contact between the players, the researchers noted in the report.
"The ice rink provides a venue that is likely well suited to COVID-19 transmission as an indoor environment where deep breathing occurs, and persons are in close proximity to one another," it said.
"The indoor space and close contact between players during a hockey game increase infection risk for players and create potential for a superspreader event, especially with ongoing community COVID-19 transmission," the study concluded.
"The ice rink provides a venue that is likely well suited to COVID-19 transmission as an indoor environment where deep breathing occurs, and persons are in close proximity to one another," they said.

It's about viral load, there's really not a lot of opportunity to spread it on the ice. Now benches, locker rooms, car ride, totally different story. 

44 minutes ago, nemesis8679 said:

It's about viral load, there's really not a lot of opportunity to spread it on the ice. Now benches, locker rooms, car ride, totally different story. 

That seems to make sense and applies to most activities that don't involve sitting around and breathing stale air. I wish they would investigate and provide information pertaining to those other things that often surround the game. Otherwise, many will equate playing with risky behavior. We'll really never know for sure if playing hockey can spread this unless we get data on teams that just play hockey without all the other stuff.

On 10/17/2020 at 2:01 PM, Quinlan2020a said:

That seems to make sense and applies to most activities that don't involve sitting around and breathing stale air. I wish they would investigate and provide information pertaining to those other things that often surround the game. Otherwise, many will equate playing with risky behavior. We'll really never know for sure if playing hockey can spread this unless we get data on teams that just play hockey without all the other stuff.

I wish they would investigate why you are such a gigantic douche-nozzle.

• Like 2

I'm not for shutdowns and hate the mask. But I do it and follow the rules. But I was at Baierl recently and the parking lot was jammed packed. Everyone had on masks but people should follow the request of the rink management to not congregate indoors and stuff like that. I want to watch my kid practice, but management asked unless you really need to be there then please wait outside. It's like once the Gov changed capacities, folks in the area went ballistic with a feeling of freedom. Like it or not, and hoax not hoax, whatever your belief, we still are being told to be cautious. Seems like some took the new limits as a green light. I wonder what is going on at other rinks.

29 minutes ago, HockeyDad23 said:

I'm not for shutdowns and hate the mask. But I do it and follow the rules. But I was at Baierl recently and the parking lot was jammed packed. Everyone had on masks but people should follow the request of the rink management to not congregate indoors and stuff like that. I want to watch my kid practice, but management asked unless you really need to be there then please wait outside. It's like once the Gov changed capacities, folks in the area went ballistic with a feeling of freedom. Like it or not, and hoax not hoax, whatever your belief, we still are being told to be cautious. Seems like some took the new limits as a green light. I wonder what is going on at other rinks.

We played in a scrimmage at RMU over the weekend, and one at YMCA. At RMU, spectators for both teams were respectful of both social distancing and masking. Same at YMCA, which is being very strict about the people in the stands.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, all is quiet on the Western Pa Hockey front.  Are we all just holding our breath and waiting for the closures to start again or are we all just keeping our heads down, masks on and hoping the season keeps going.   Have heard all kinds of rumors about NY teams not being able to travel. Does anyone know if that is true.  Has anyone heard of anything getting cancelled this weekend?  The PAHL seems to be moving forward with their schedule. Are AA & AAA teams still traveling?