Midam/USA hockey decision on hockey

16 hours ago, dropthepuck said:

Has anybody experienced the restrictions for game watching at RMU Island Sports Complex? If so please elaborate, PIHL Varsity starts tonight,

Was there this weekend, not sure the rules. But had no problem with 2 of us parents attending. No one was checking anything. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nemesis8679 said:

Was there this weekend, not sure the rules. But had no problem with 2 of us parents attending. No one was checking anything. 

I've been there for a couple PIHL games - JV games - and they weren't actively checking anyone, though we did see a rink staffer come through once at one of the games. I'd note that our spectators, and those of the opponents, were generally wearing masks and observing reasonable distancing, so that may be why they didn't complain.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Hockey00 said:

Michigan is now shut down for hockey.  Were they supposed to have nation’s cup there?

It's supposed to last for three weeks, but I think we can all assume that it will be longer. Hospital execs in Michigan are sounding alarms due to the number of patients overwhelming staffing capacity. We should be thankful that we live in an area with abundant medical resources. We'll probably start seeing some of this in other places that are not as well equipped.

2 hours ago, dazedandconfused said:

The Nation's Cup annually pits US teams against Canadian teams. Considering the current border restrictions, if a company still had this scheduled I would say that someone should be relieved of their duties.

With the exception of BC and parts of NB, there are zero games being played by teams in Ontario, Quebec, Maritimes and PEI.  I would be curious to see how PPE teams are feeling about this as they typically rely on numerous trips north of the border and Canadian teams also coming here.

Edited by fafa fohi

14 hours ago, dazedandconfused said:

The Nation's Cup annually pits US teams against Canadian teams. Considering the current border restrictions, if a company still had this scheduled I would say that someone should be relieved of their duties.

The company that use to run the Nations Cup ( Legacy Global Sports) filed for bankruptcy earlier this year and they folded. Their top guy there now is pretty high up with 200x85, whom runs all the CCM Invites.  

Also, maybe someone has the know. BUT im hearing rumbles at for Tier1 Districts that they are taken top 8 this season? As oppose to the top 6 like every other year?

Is this true?

8 hours ago, PUCKCOVID19 said:

The company that use to run the Nations Cup ( Legacy Global Sports) filed for bankruptcy earlier this year and they folded. Their top guy there now is pretty high up with 200x85, whom runs all the CCM Invites.  

Also, maybe someone has the know. BUT im hearing rumbles at for Tier1 Districts that they are taken top 8 this season? As oppose to the top 6 like every other year?

Is this true?

Considering the various and uneven playing field everyone is operating under this year, with teams not getting to play at all etc, I think that is a great idea. 

2 hours ago, Hockey00 said:

Press conference at 1pm........

I didn't hear anything that would affect the games are played within the state. I did hear it implied that the mask mandate would be strengthened. She mentioned gyms. Does that mean that masks must be worn while engaged in physical exercise? Would that then extend to players on the ice?

5 minutes ago, Quinlan2020a said:

I didn't hear anything that would affect the games are played within the state. I did hear it implied that the mask mandate would be strengthened. She mentioned gyms. Does that mean that masks must be worn while engaged in physical exercise? Would that then extend to players on the ice?

Not sure. Gyms will have to require it for group exercise classes I read.  Negative covid test 72 hours prior to entering PA, so tournaments may have issues. 

2 hours ago, Quinlan2020a said:

Because of the strengthened mandate, Baierl now requires players to wear a face covering while on the ice.

3 minutes ago, PUCKCOVID19 said:

I hope your kidding?!? IF NOT thats a darn shame!!!! PA is turning in to the new Michigan 

Wish I was.  Their initial interpretation of the new mandate is that everyone in the building must wear a mask on and off the ice regardless of their activity..  Will be interesting to see what other rinks do and what PIHL/PAHL have to say.

33 minutes ago, sarampage said:

Wish I was.  Their initial interpretation of the new mandate is that everyone in the building must wear a mask on and off the ice regardless of their activity..  Will be interesting to see what other rinks do and what PIHL/PAHL have to say.

Oh yes it is true.

https://myemail.constantcontact.com/Face-Covering-Order.html?soid=1120803399110&aid=75jUGTNDq1E&fbclid=IwAR3EPwCkuj8U4LAVGJBOIGARMBLL8fh-vAaQuD1BoyZDbk8s-6JFoi7PiAE

Further clarification from the state Dept. of Health:

Does the Order apply to athletes and sports activities?
Yes. Everyone who participates in sport activities including coaches, athletes (including cheerleaders), and spectators must wear a face covering, such as a mask, unless they fall under an exception in Section 3 of the Order.

Edited by Quinlan2020a

5 hours ago, Hockey00 said:

Not sure. Gyms will have to require it for group exercise classes I read.  Negative covid test 72 hours prior to entering PA, so tournaments may have issues. 

Esmark starts a showcase Friday, I don’t see how any out of state teams have time to get that done. 

1 hour ago, Quinlan2020a said:

Oh yes it is true.

https://myemail.constantcontact.com/Face-Covering-Order.html?soid=1120803399110&aid=75jUGTNDq1E&fbclid=IwAR3EPwCkuj8U4LAVGJBOIGARMBLL8fh-vAaQuD1BoyZDbk8s-6JFoi7PiAE

Further clarification from the state Dept. of Health:

Does the Order apply to athletes and sports activities?
Yes. Everyone who participates in sport activities including coaches, athletes (including cheerleaders), and spectators must wear a face covering, such as a mask, unless they fall under an exception in Section 3 of the Order.

Middle finger emoji 

Printscape is the same rule... got an email from Southpointe Rink Rats.

Effective immediately, and until further notice, all coaches, players, and anyone inside Printscape Arena must wear a mask at all times.  This includes coaches, officials, and players on the ice.  

1 hour ago, bb2j3z said:

Printscape is the same rule... got an email from Southpointe Rink Rats.

Effective immediately, and until further notice, all coaches, players, and anyone inside Printscape Arena must wear a mask at all times.  This includes coaches, officials, and players on the ice.  

It’s not a rink thing, all players are to wear masks while on the ice. Ludicrous! They are going to kill one of these kids! Just shut it all down at this point, restart in January. 

14 minutes ago, Danner27 said:

It’s not a rink thing, all players are to wear masks while on the ice. Ludicrous! They are going to kill one of these kids! Just shut it all down at this point, restart in January. 

While not ideal, I have to say that "killing one of these kids" because of wearing a mask is a bit hyperbolic. Teams have been doing it for months already.