Midam/USA hockey decision on hockey

16 hours ago, ctil20 said:

The “droplet” projectiles coming from coughs, sneezes, breathing in general are deterred by mask wearing. It is a layer of deterrence that is better than nothing.  

So the masks are doing something. I don’t think we need a statistic to believe that putting something in front of our mouth and nose is going to help stop droplets from shooting straight out of our mouth and nose. 

The best evidence for this is to watch a video of a sneeze shown with infrared, or even breathing in general. 

A mask, coupled with 6 ft of distance significantly raises your chances of avoiding the virus. It’s not fail proof by any stretch, but it’s a lot better then no mask. 

Really though, we have to stop viewing it as our mask protecting us. Our mask is protecting everyone else, and others masks are protecting us. 

Masks help?

Ok.  Watch this video.

14 hours ago, Saucey said:

Masking is not a recommendation. It is an order. 

I want to see one of these commies come and arrest me for not wearing a mask outside my house.  Talk about potential a supreme court  case...

Edited by Wes
  • ROTF 1
  • Uh, Ok 1

1 hour ago, Quinlan2020a said:

Stay tuned. I'm looking to find an obscure web site so I can send a link to a page that validates something that the masses are convinced is BS.

Hey, I'm just happy the kids are still playing. Masks are an inconvenience but if that's what it takes to make the government happy then so be it.  All I have to say is if masks were so effective then the spread should be less than March and April when no one was wearing masks.  I just think this latest wave doesn't make sense on soo many levels. JUST MY TOTALLY UNQUALIFIED OPINION.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, fafa fohi said:

Next time, pull your head out and read the actual article and since you clearly didn't, there were multiple sources and studies cited while one of them is Dr. Brix, who happens to serve on 45's COVID Task Force.  Or is she a partisan Democrat hack in disguise?   And a simple Google search would lead you to dozens of studies, pretty graphs and articles supporting this conclusion.

And since you didn't bother to read the article - "study published October 23 in Nature Medicine by IHME’s forecasting team modeled current public health interventions — projecting case numbers based on current behavior — and found that universal mask use could save as many as 130,000 lives by the end of February 2021."

Lastly, laziness just makes you look ignorant and stupid.  And if you need help with some of the big words while reading, you let me know.

Cheers. 

https://hartfordhealthcare.org/about-us/news-press/news-detail?articleId=26643&publicid=743

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-masks/masks-significantly-reduce-infection-risk-likely-preventing-thousands-of-covid-19-cases-study-idUSKBN23J33V

How about something peer reviewed hero

3 hours ago, Wes said:

I want to see one of these commies come and arrest me for not wearing a mask outside my house.  Talk about potential a supreme court  case...

“Commies”........you clowns provide me with the laughs I need to help me get through this disaster.

30 minutes ago, fafa fohi said:

“Commies”........you clowns provide me with the laughs I need to help me get through this disaster.

Gotta laugh to keep from crying. The clowns think being a a tough guy is gonna make this disaster go away faster? No logic there? They just want to fight authority because it makes them seem macho. They just end up being miserable all the time at the expense of making their kids miserable as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sadday4hockey said:

Fafa and Quinlan are well-known Snowflakes. They are more than happy to be told what to do by everyone. Politicians, spouses, children, Uber drivers....... the list goes on and on and on

So I am a snowflake, yet you are one one pissing and moaning about wearing a mask?  Now that is funny, coming from a a well known MAGAidiot like yourself.  Do what you want, Biff.  Be a selfish asswipe and attend superspreader events sponsored by your fearless leader that's been hiding in a bunker all the while COVID-related deaths are over 1,500 a day and new cases rising to over 150K a day.  Your BFF has mentally checked out and hasn't been seen in weeks while this pandemic reaches epic proportions, both locally and globally.  Last time I looked he was still President until January 20th, but he's nowhere to be found.........maybe we should check the golf courses.

As for you, why not move to SD, ND or Iowa where they have everything "under control?"  That way you can exercise your freedoms and be the man you can be - weren't clowns like you telling others after the 2016 election to love it or leave it?  Maybe you should take your own advice.

Then to really stand out as being a tough guy and constitutionalist, don't wear a mask.  That's a sure way of owning the libs and people like me while those with a brain that see a mask as a very small inconvenience can enjoy youth hockey and other things.

BTW, how are you taking the loss, kid?  Not too good I can tell.

Edited by fafa fohi
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, sadday4hockey said:

I can't wait until January 20th when the Dems will be madder than the day that the Republicans freed their slaves.

Interesting take, one you might take back had you opened up a history book or had a sense of history and the evolution of both the Republican and Democrat parties and their platforms.

Did you ever wonder why clowns like you are against the removal of statues celebrating confederate traitors and generals that actually wanted "Republican" President Lincoln dead?

You might want to retake those Civics and US History classes you clearly missed while you were exercising your freedom by smoking fries on the playground at your local high school.

Edited by fafa fohi
  • Like 1

The Trumpsexuals are still going full-force, I see. Oh, well. I used to be unable to refrain from debating, backing stuff up with facts, etc. 

I've realized it's not worth it. You'll have a better time explaining math to a cat. Best to just let them talk (or type), watch OAN or some incel's YouTube channel to get their news, worry about the day (that never comes) when blacks and Mexicans overrun their neighborhoods, and swallow every cockamamie conspiracy Alex Jones gives them. 

It's hard to avoid going back-and-forth with them, but it'll save you time and stress. In the end, they'll get each all riled up over sh!t that makes no sense, while the majority of people know that they're out of their minds and that they can't be taken seriously.

There's fewer of them than the rest of us, as we can see from the election.

Edited by nemesis8679

1 hour ago, bender05 said:

Masks aren’t required on the ice anymore for PAHL. There was an addendum added to the policy. Just on the bench and off the ice. 

Yes. But PAHL will continue to recommend masking at all times per the PA Guidance. It also states that players must mask at all time at any venue that requires it. This may make things interesting by causing some division among players & parents.

• Poop 1

Covid.19_PAHL_Safety_Policy_Requiring_Fa
Based on the governor's 11/19/20 clarification on masks for youth athletes, the PAHL will continue to recommend masking at all times per the PA Guidance, but will defer to the athlete's choice only while they are wearing their helmet and mouth guard:

According to Section 3, the athlete would be asked to work through alternatives that would reduce or eliminate the respiratory droplets that would impact others in proximity. If the sport, equipment, or exertion level does not allow for face covering to be worn safely then the athlete should not wear a face covering.
Please refer to the full PA Guidance for Sports document updated 11/19/20 and posted on the PAHL website. https://www.pahockey.com/covid19
Athletes must continue to mask when not on the ice/bench for game play.
All coaches, admin, and spectators must mask and social distance. Do not allow them to be non compliant and risk shutting our youth sport down.
Finally, there may still be facilities that will require a mask during game play unless you have a medical excuse. Your player will have to wear one at these locations during game play until such time as they amend their rules. Always check before you travel as this is a moving target and may continually be updated. 

Bairl also posted on their website they changed their policy back to not requiring it on the ice after the governor posted on his personal site that while wearing a helmet and mouth guard with a mask during a cardio activity, it is not safe for an athlete according to the CDC 

• Like 1

On 11/19/2020 at 2:51 PM, sadday4hockey said:

Fafa and Quinlan are well-known Snowflakes. They are more than happy to be told what to do by everyone. Politicians, spouses, children, Uber drivers....... the list goes on and on and on

Ah, there it is. Angry because your spouse (or maybe ex) always "told you what to do". Or your children. Or your boss. You are a person who feels powerless, and being a MAGA Man helps you feel a little bit more powerful.