The King

The King has permanently left the board as of 8/21/20 and all posts have been hidden (by request) - which are a LOT of posts. 

I don't have any further information, but I know questions are going to come up about what happened and I can't answer them, because I don't know "why".

Thanks to The King for a lot of good posts since you've been here.  Some have been controversial but they did cause a lot of interaction and input from our hockey community.  One way or another we will miss The King.

PB

25 minutes ago, Cowbell said:

People who have something to hide remove old posts and "disappear".

Quite telling.  

This is the first time ever that someone has requested their posts to be removed. Normally they don't care at all about their posts and they just walk away and never post again.

Makes me think of those movie scenes where the criminal is frantically trying to erase computer files and incriminating evidence as the Feds are closing in to him to confiscate the computer and electronic devices

the criminal in those movies mistakenly thinks that the erased/deleted information can't be recovered, however

I wonder what new screen name "The King" will reappear with on this board?  And I wonder how long it will take for "The King" to reappear on this board under a new pseudonym?

Edited by Cowbell
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cowbell said:

Makes me think of those movie scenes where the criminal is frantically trying to erase computer files and incriminating evidence as the Feds are closing in to him to confiscate the computer and electronic devices

the criminal in those movies mistakenly thinks that the erased/deleted information can't be recovered, however

I wonder what new screen name "The King" will reappear with on this board?  And I wonder how long it will take for "The King" to reappear on this board under a new pseudonym?

Maybe he promoted himself from King to God.

21 minutes ago, Cowbell said:

Don’t laugh, finding out who he is, along with what’s going on, I’m sure this is what the man is thinking. 

2 hours ago, Cowbell said:

People who have something to hide remove old posts and "disappear".

Quite telling.  

Nothing actually "disappears" is my point - people can think they are hiding and "removing" information, however, they are very mistaken 

"normal" people don't just suddenly request to have EVERY POST they've ever written "hidden" from public view and permanently leave a board on which they've been a regular contributor- unless they anticipate something like an inquiry coming down the pike and are looking to cover their tracks and want things gone 

the tracks are still there, however, and so is all the stuff..nothing disappears permanently in this digital age - it actually can be found by someone looking in the right places

and sometimes trying to cover things up and trying to make them go away makes things worse

so now back to hockey talk.....

22 minutes ago, Cowbell said:

Nothing actually "disappears" is my point - people can think they are hiding and "removing" information, however, they are very mistaken 

"normal" people don't just suddenly request to have EVERY POST they've ever written "hidden" from public view and permanently leave a board on which they've been a regular contributor- unless they anticipate something like an inquiry coming down the pike and are looking to cover their tracks and want things gone 

the tracks are still there, however, and so is all the stuff..nothing disappears permanently in this digital age - it actually can be found by someone looking in the right places

and sometimes trying to cover things up and trying to make them go away makes things worse

so now back to hockey talk.....

The last topic he created about the woman who stole 40k from a local PIHL club is what gave him away. I was asking around about it if anyone recalls, I stumbled on who he was by accident, it really made a lot of sense looking back at his older posts along with comments he made regarding this particular school team. 

1 hour ago, Hockey22 said:

@Danner27. Your killing me!  Lol, spill it...its not like he will know, hahah, he is no longer here.  

I didn’t bother calling him out, it wasn’t the right thing to do. Heck half of the folks here tried to say I was his alt account at one point! I’m assuming he wanted everything deleted because he slipped up on the topic about the 40k being stolen and all but identified himself. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danner27 said:

TOS update - interesting 

No more BS requests - ever- about deleting posts when you leave the board.  I’m not babysitting people’s posts.  

When you post to a free and open forum you have the expectation your posts will stay up in perpetuity. 

I’ve had enough of The King and am not going through this again with anyone else.

Nothing more than that, just finally turning the page thanks to you know who.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, forbin said:

I figured something was up when he was posting for the past couple of weeks. I think it’s hilarious he asked for all his posts to be erased. He can’t be that naive to think that they are gone forever.

Good riddance. 

For the number of useful posts he made, I don't think we will miss his attitude or writing style. 

• Like 1